So I jailbroke my phone the other day using Redsn0w, installed Semitether and got IntelliscreenX as well as Infinidock and FolderEnhancer. Threw Winterboard on with the Limbo theme. So far, no issues. I had jailbroken it last week and had some random resprings, but I think it was Activator that did it - I didn't install it this time and haven't had a respring yet.

As far as the jailbreak goes, it was pretty painless. As easy as jailbreakme? Er...no. But with having Semitether on it, I am not worried that my phone won't work when I need it. The battery life hasn't taken a hit either.

IntelliscreenX is AWESOME. I had Dreamboard and AsymmetricHD and BoxorHD themes but I think I prefer Winterboard. I found the battery did suffer with those two themes in particular.

Anywho, for anyone considering a jailbreak, with Semitether it's no longer a case of being caught in the wild with a non working phone until you get back to a computer.
    12-08-11 04:42 PM
    Is this just for the iPhone 4 and not the 4S? Haven't heard any news lately about 4S jailbreak so I'm assuming this is just for the 4.
    12-08-11 07:57 PM
    Unfortunately it is for now.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-08-11 09:14 PM
    Sweet. Project for the day.
    So you can reboot and the phone still works?

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    12-09-11 06:08 AM
    12-09-11 08:57 AM
    Sweet. Project for the day.
    So you can reboot and the phone still works?

Yep, with semi tethered you can call, SMS, safari. The important stuff until you can get to a computer.

12-09-11 09:00 AM
    12-09-11 09:52 AM
    EXXXXCELLENT! I would be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer an untethered jailbreak.
    12-09-11 10:13 AM
    i cant wait for 4S to be jailbroken...im ready...
    12-09-11 10:38 AM
    Hope they have it ready for the weekend......
    12-09-11 11:01 AM
    Forgive my post. I'm considering getting an Iphone and I've heard of jailbreaking before, but I'm uneducated. What exactly does the term jail breaking mean?
    12-09-11 06:53 PM
    Pookie here ya go

Answer:
    In essence, jailbreaking your iPhone means freeing it from the limitations imposed on it by your carrier, whether that's AT&T or Verizon, and Apple. You install a software application on your computer, and then transfer it to your iPhone, where it "breaks open" the iPhone’s file system to allow you to modify it.

Why Would I Want to Jailbreak My Phone?

It lets you do everything from customizing the look of your iPhone to installing third-party applications (such as titles that are not authorized and available in the App Store) and customized ringtones on it. Depending on how far you're willing to go, you can do even more than that: Jailbreaking even lets you to unlock your phone so you can use it with a carrier other than the one from which you purchased it.

Why Wouldn't I Want to Jailbreak My iPhone?

Once you do it, you're on your own. You may have voided your warranty, so you can't rely on AT&T, Verizon, or Apple to fix any problems you encounter. All of the applications that jailbreak your phone are unauthorized and could damage or completely disable your iPhone. Your slick smartphone could end up as nothing more than a very expensive paperweight.

Oh. Why Would I Want to Do That, Again?

There's a ton of third-party apps available once you jailbreak your phone. Some of them are really fun, some of them are really useful, and plenty of them are really cool. Sure, many of them are available in the App Store, but there are many, many more unauthorized apps that are also available.

Can I Fix My iPhone if Something Goes Wrong?

Maybe. Some users have reported that they were able to connect a malfunctioning iPhone to iTunes and restore it to its original settings, which resolved the problem. Not all users have had this experience, though, and you certainly can't count on AT&T, Verizon, or Apple to provide you with tech support once you've taken this unauthorized step.

PookieLuv likes this.
    12-09-11 07:25 PM
    I'm sooo tempted to do this...

I'm currently JB untethered 4.3.3 but I fear If I don't update to iOS 5.0.1 I'm going to miss the boat for the upcoming untether. Being that some hackers have warned users to stay on 5.0 if they want a chance to an untethered JB.

Jailbreaking seems so all over the place at the moment.

I was thinking of doing the acidsn0w tethered JB today, then read about Pod2g.. but it still leaves me thinking shall I update now and do a tethered JB on iOS 5.0.1 or wait and hope that Pod2g will package a specific 5.0.1 untethered JB.
    12-10-11 09:57 PM
    Also new to the Iphone 4S and jail breaking. When you say jail breaking opens the phone up to unauthorized applications. Where do you go to see or get these unauthorized applications. I'm assuming that if they are unauthorized, they won't be in the Apple App Store?
    12-11-11 10:02 AM
    Cydia. It is the unauthorized app store you get an icon for it but have to add repositories. I can do a write up. Give me a couple days.

12-11-11 10:24 AM
    Well the ip4 iOS 5.0.1 is untethered now:

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Pod2G Has An iPhone 4 On iOS 5.0.1 With An Untethered Jailbreak
    brucep1 likes this.
    12-12-11 07:40 AM
    Whoot!

brucep1 likes this.
    12-12-11 02:59 PM
    Any idea when this will be released to the public?
    12-12-11 03:14 PM
    12-14-11 08:38 AM
    Ok here's what happened. My phone had been jailbroken for a few weeks and there have been several times I've had to reboot it by pressing and holding the wake and home keys for 10 secs. No biggie. Then two days ago I get an all white screen which has happened once or twice before jailbreaking. I tried to reboot it with no response. No prob, when I get home and do a restore I still get nothing. After the restore the device won't boot back up. There's just a constant beeping from the phone when connected to the pc. Restore again, same thing. So I leave it overnight get up the next morning and restore. As soon as I see the apple logo on screen I disconnect from the pc and it loads. Sync up everything and it's fine. Work all day and come home and was going to jailbreak it again. No go. All I get is the white screen again. Finally get it restored again and do not do the jailbreak but trying to sync up the device reboots. But will not turn back on. Just black screen and beeping. Let it sit over night again and restore it again this morning. Got it working but afraid it's going to go out again.
    03-08-12 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD