Hello guys,

I recently got a chance to use the Snap case from Seidio and if you've been going back and forth on whether to get it, I would say yes. Here is the review I did. Hope everyone enjoys.

Seidio Innocase Snap Review

My Initial Impression

When I first got the Seidio Innocase Snap Case, I had a couple of questions I had to answer before deciding whether or not I�d continue using it. The first thought being, could this replace my Innocase II (as my I have yet to use another case that I�ve liked even half as much)? The second question being, would this case provide enough protection? With the Innocase II, it�s was covered pretty much everywhere, but the screen, buttons, headphone jack and the apple logo in the back. With the Snap, the top and bottom (on the screen side) is not covered. Later on, I will discuss whether that is good or bad. In addition to those questions, I thought the case had a nice design while still being thin and lightweight.

Innocase Snap (left) & Innocase II (right)

Thoughts After

After using it for a couple days, those questions have been answered and more. Could it replace my Innocase II? Yes it can, but with a screen protector. On the Snap, the screen, the top and bottom of the screen do not fully cover like the Innocase II. For this reason, I feel a screen protector would provide almost the same (if not the same) protection and since most iPhone users put a screen protector on their devices, it works out perfectly. I like the fact that it doesn�t fully cover the top half of the screen as it makes it easier to press then power button as well as inserting and removing a headphone from the headphone jack. With the screen protector, I�d get the ease of use as well as the protection I need.

Top (headphone jack & power button)

Would this case provide enough protection? The Snap case provides the protection I want without making it difficult to access the charging port, headphone jack or the power button. Although light weight, it feels like it will provide enough protection. I�ve had a couple friends who have iPhones hold the phone with the case on, and they all agree it�s perfect. A lot of them have thicker cases and are now looking to buy a couple of the Snap cases.

Bottom (charging port, speaker & microphone)

Left side (volume & ringer/silent key)

My favorite three things about the case are is the quality, the clear film on the back that covers the Apple logo and their signature soft touch coating. While using the case, it did not feel cheap or breakable. Most cases can only accomplish this with bulk and is the probably the main reason I haven�t used cases up until now. The clear film that covers the apple logo is excellent. It�s clear so the logo can still be seen, but provides adequate protection. The soft touch coating is my favorite part of the three as it�s very stylish and provides extra grip. Even though it provides extra grip, the back still feels very smooth. Most of my females friends like it for the looks while most of my male friends love the extra grip without adding bulk as well as still being easy to slide in and out of their pockets.

Conclusion

In conclusion, with only a few days with the case, I can say that it is one of the best cases I�ve tried out. Honestly, I started using my 2G/3G bare as every case I tried felt like it was too bulky and/or changing the device too much to not feel like an iPhone anymore. I then purchased a new Innocase II (when the 3Gs was released) and I�ve been using them ever since. It was love at first touch. I will likely use the Snap case on the weekdays and the Innocase II on the weekends.

Innocase Snap (left), iPhone 3Gs (middle) & Innocase II (right)

Pros:
    � Excellent build quality
    � Perfect fit
    � It feels just right in the hand
    � The design is awesome and very stylish. I�ve received a couple of compliments in the few days I�ve had it
    � The felt lining gives the device extra protection with the bulk
    � Fits the Innodock for those of you who bought that for another Seidio case
    � The clear film to protect the logo from scratching

Cons:
    � Not more dark choices for colors
    � While not hard to do, removing the case isn�t as easy as snapping it on

Bottom

Left side (volume keys)

Right side
    01-05-10 08:30 PM
    01-05-10 09:43 PM
    Looks good Duvi. Thanks for sharing!
    01-06-10 12:20 AM
    I purchased the Ifrogz case and to be honest, it seems much better to me than the Seidio case and you can even customize the Ifrogz case with your own pictures. Welcome to MyFrogz

Thanks for the review. You did an excellent job. I may go out and buy the case you suggested just to try it for a change of pace and to see how it feels.
    Last edited by tmp3150; 01-06-10 at 12:28 AM.
    01-06-10 12:26 AM
    Duvi doesn't it feel a bit bulky? And what about typing on the edges? Like the "p" and "q"? Does it sort of get in the way?
    01-06-10 01:29 AM
    I purchased the Ifrogz case and to be honest, it seems much better to me than the Seidio case and you can even customize the Ifrogz case with your own pictures. Welcome to MyFrogz

Thanks for the review. You did an excellent job. I may go out and buy the case you suggested just to try it for a change of pace and to see how it feels.
    Ifrogz are terrible cases.. the color scratches off easily and the plastic breaks at a whim.
    01-06-10 12:48 PM
    Duvi doesn't it feel a bit bulky? And what about typing on the edges? Like the "p" and "q"? Does it sort of get in the way?
    I have no issues with typing at all. It doesn't hug the corner. I can see the front side of the bezel (part facing the screen) in full.

I'll take a pic of that close up and upload it.
    01-06-10 05:07 PM
    I am going out tonight to buy an Seidio Innocase Snap Case. I have a Ifrogz case and it seems nice. I dropped the phone a few times with no damage to the case and I haven't had the color scratch off at all. I'll give the snap case an try for the heck of it.

Ifrogz are terrible cases.. the color scratches off easily and the plastic breaks at a whim.
    Last edited by tmp3150; 01-07-10 at 03:15 PM.
    01-07-10 12:58 PM
    Heres another nay for iFrogz are bad cases.

The plastic clips holding the two pieces togethor breaks easily, and the color wears off quickly with normal use.
    01-07-10 03:24 PM
    looks nice, I just wonder how it compares to the Otterbox in regards to protection and bulkiness.
    01-11-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD