Attachment 108306Attachment 108307And not that it's a good thing either. My phone was sitting in the carport today and I guess in the sunlight. Anyway went to pic it up and use it and this is what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 08:54 PM
    I've never had this before but I'm sure the phone would heat up depending on how long it's been under the sun. Its kinda like putting something in the oven and turning it on, it will heat up.
    04-21-12 11:31 PM
    Wow. Pretty scary. It went back to normal as it cooled?
    04-22-12 12:10 AM
    Yes after about 15 or 20 minutes of being inside it did go back to normal with no signs of adverse effects. I thought it was cool that it would allow emergency phone calls and it was telling me so in multiple languages. What really surprised me though was it let me take the screen shots although I had no way of knowing till it went back to normal. Oh well lesson learned. Next time I won't leave it in partial (I thought) shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 01:29 AM
    My only fear after this would be condensation building up inside the phone.
    04-22-12 07:06 AM
    Never seen that before. Hope I never do, I'm pretty careful about leaving mine exposed to sun/heat. Good reminder. I'm glad it wasn't damaged.
    04-22-12 07:27 AM
    I left mine on dash of car. Same pic came up. It's weird!
    04-23-12 01:47 AM
    Sometimes I noticed the iphone acts weird in different conditions. Last year, when I went from 105 degree weather to inside my air conditioned gym, the iphone would shut off for a half hour and turn on until I was back outside. Weirdest thing.
    04-23-12 06:39 AM
    Excellent safety feature to keep the iphone from blowing up in your ear, makes sense.....gotta get one of those......soon.
    04-23-12 06:51 AM
    I saw these screenshots when the 3gs was out. I remember imore had a blog post about it.
    04-23-12 07:19 PM
    This has happened to me as well, on a hot summer day. The phone has a heat sensor that will notify you to shut it down before there is damage to the internals. No big deal, just cool it off and it works fine. It's a fail safe.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 08:03 AM
    I had this last year and when i touched my phone it wasnt hot at all. I tried calling apples customer service but they wouldnt help me bc i didnt have warranty/care...so i got a friend to make the call and say it was his phone. The rep said that if the phone is actually hot then it will just turn off and go back to normal whenever it gets cool. He suggested to put it in the shade or near a fan.

When my friend said the phone was not even a little warm the rep said that there is an issue where if the phone is not used for a long time and then starts to be used in multi tasking ways the sensor takes the sudden increase of temperature to mean that it will keep increasing in the same way, so it turns off the phone before damage is done. I guess that makes sense... But the longest i have ever gone without using my phone was 5 hours. The rep then said to 'check the time' at least once every few hours and that will prevent it from happening.

I havent followed his advice and havent had the problem again...so idk what the cause was, but if it only happens once you should be ok
    04-24-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD