Samsung's Got Plans to Take Down Apple...

Samsung's Got Plans to Take Down Apple - TheStreet

Should RIM partner with Samsung to accelerate time-to-volume/market?

Will QNX run on a wrist watch mobile device soon??
    05-20-11 06:58 AM
    No one is going to take down Apple.

You seem from your name to be all excited about QNX. It is not on the first phone yet! I prefer to wait and see after owning the half baked PlayBook for less than 8 hours. Not sure if I want that on my RIM phones
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-20-11 at 07:45 AM.
    05-20-11 07:43 AM
    The only item that Samsung has that would be worth getting is the small fold out
    1 pc. screen they are developing.

In Ironman 1 Stark had a phone that the screen popped out on and folded open and
    I thought it was a great way to get a bigger screen on a small phone.

Looks like someone at Samsung watched the same movie and thought it was a good idea too.

Samsung shows flexible and transparent displays at CES 2011 (video) - Engadget Galleries

Tim
    05-20-11 07:44 AM
    Small/big problem with this.
    Apple A4 and A5 Processors are made by Samsung.
    ... Yeah.
    05-20-11 07:46 AM
    No one is going to take down Apple.

You seem from your name to be all excited about QNX. It is not on the first phone yet! I prefer to wait and see after owning the half baked PlayBook for less than 8 hours. Not sure if I want that on my RIM phones

Troll alert!

Never say never...BTW,,,lets see how the Playbook is at the end of the summer.

Apple had its bad days too.

I see no reason why QNX will not be as impressive on a hand held. I am impressed with the PB even though it is missing a few software items.
    The hardware is solid so is the OS. Sorry you were not aware of what you
    were purchasing and your constant trolling is a pain.

Tim
    05-20-11 07:50 AM
    Never say never

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    05-20-11 07:53 AM
    Troll alert!

I see no reason why QNX will not be as impressive on a hand held. I am impressed with the PB even though it is missing a few software items.

Tim
    Did you read everything he said, or just assume because he'd actually like to SEE QNX in a phone before passing judgment, and not worshipping RIM on the spot, he's a troll? He had a valid point. Why would you be ridiculously excited about something, and predict it as the downfall of another company, when it hasn't even fully rolled out yet... that's just dumb.
    05-20-11 01:07 PM
    LCDs is one thing. Anyting else would be bad. Every Samsung product I've owned, from DVD players to phones have been s$$t.
    05-20-11 02:35 PM
    Apple isn't some small two bit company.

yeah samsung isn't either but it all comes down to what people want.

some people love samsung, some love apple.

iphone/ipad lovers will still buy those products as will those who love samsung products.

/shrug
    05-20-11 04:00 PM
    Apple has become too big and quite frankly, nothing is touching them. They played the right cards and if Microsoft couldn't stop Apple, I highly doubt Samsung can.
    05-20-11 04:15 PM
    Apple has become too big and quite frankly, nothing is touching them. They played the right cards and if Microsoft couldn't stop Apple, I highly doubt Samsung can.
    Samsung could stop making things for them. That would hurt a bit. Although it would hurt for them too since they would be missing out on some money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 11:55 PM

Sorry I couldn't resist.
    who's that??

ps,,,,,, Samsung should worry about making an Android who's battery can last past noon before they plan to "take down" anyone. Hahhaa

Last edited by tedzone; 05-21-11 at 06:15 AM.
    05-21-11 06:10 AM
    Hey qnxqnx, Elvis has plans for a comeback.
    05-21-11 08:21 AM
    Hey qnxqnx, Elvis has plans for a comeback.
    lmao!!!!!!!!

05-22-11 12:47 AM
    @tedzone: yes! no kidding! my iphone could go 3 days if it had to on a single charge. my android phone died after taking photos all day and using GPS to find a restaurant. seriously? ugh.

one of the MANY reasons I went back to iphone

and i agree with whoever said that if microsoft can't take them down samsung prolly won't be able to either.
    05-22-11 03:01 AM
    I agree OP sounds a little fanboyish.

QNX isnt even on BBs nor any of the Touch series to be released, so were talking maybe a year from now before QNX is on phones, let alone anything smaller and more underpowered.

No one is taking Apple down. They merely have too good of sales for anyone to take them down. And with rumored they may release on Sprint/Tmo soon too (or at least Tmo will merge with ATT) there will be even more iphones being sold.

So no, Samsung isnt taking apple down, heck they cant even roll out updates for their Android phones before 2 more OS versions have released. Its pretty sad.

And I agree I came back to iphone from Android because I had to use an extended battery (3500mah) just to make it through 1 day use because stuff opened on its own in the background and lal the processes running. My iphone can make it all day just fine.
    05-22-11 09:56 AM
    Troll alert!

Tim
    Troll alert? lol what?

Seems to me the real trolls now are the ones going around calling other people trolls.
    05-22-11 01:57 PM
    So no, Samsung isnt taking apple down, heck they cant even roll out updates for their Android phones before 2 more OS versions have released. Its pretty sad.
    Yea, they are too busying making refreshes of the same device.
    05-22-11 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD