Product support lifecycle to be blunt doesnt mean ****... If it did people wouldn't be gobbling up android devices like crazy.
    07-05-11 01:01 PM
    You know, in fairness, an iphone 3GS purchased 2 years ago will still run the yet-to-be released iOS5.

A Blackberry Torch purchased 2 days ago won't run just next version of the BB OS. It's an end-of-life product the moment you get it.

So while there are new features, and an expectation that a new iphone will come out every year, that's a heck of a lot more infrequent than Samsung, RIM, HTC etc...who seem to come out with new models every few months.

It's been over a year since Apple unveiled a new iphone.

(Quick Someone call me a troll for stating some simple facts!)
    Those are all fair points. I think its misleading what they do though. Apples major OS updates mostly just polish the ui and take into account the new hardware they add on. The only significant updates that I personally feel they improve on is their media database functionality.

RIM OS updates are held back to a large degree by the security features they have to maintain. This move to QNX looks promising though and I think in the end it will be what defends RIMs share of the market.
    07-05-11 05:25 PM
    Product support lifecycle to be blunt doesnt mean ****... If it did people wouldn't be gobbling up android devices like crazy.
    To some, perhaps. But those who are quick to criticize iPhone as something that is frequently trumped by a new version, often forget that iphone is one of the least guilty of this update phenomena. Say will you will about the iPhone4, it was on sale a year ago, and it's still on top in customer satisfaction today. I am betting that Apple is the only major cell phone maker NOT to announce a new phone in the past 12 months.
    07-05-11 06:22 PM
    Yet the iphone gets yearly upgrades in hardware and special upgrade incentives per year...

Just because they support it doesn't mean they aren't pushing that you buy a new one regardless.

The two things contradict each other. The upgrade support is a guise, they plan on you updating regardless (and millions do). Would their sales drop drastically if they did not offer as much backwards support? I really doubt it...
    07-05-11 06:24 PM
    OMG, Apple finally got LED light!

Millions upon millions will line the streets for it....(I am not kidding.)

I won't be in line. I will be sipping my coffee and browsing about a bunch of sheep wait in line in negative degree weather.

And to note another thing a BB has done forever now and Apple will copy it and say it is so innovative! I hear them lining up now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 06:58 PM
    But is it a super amoled light....
    07-05-11 07:03 PM
    hmmm.....if they can create a combined inbox and give me an actual physical keyboard....maybe...which I know Jobs would never do.....
    07-05-11 07:28 PM
    Jobs is the anti-christ, lol!

07-05-11 09:30 PM
    I believe it is the current iPhone 4 that uses the camera flash when the software has been upgraded to iOS5. The new iPhone 5 (or 4S or whatever they call it) will have a separate LED flash in a proper place.
    Right you are. I used an ip4 with os5. that's exactly what it does. I also agree that the ip5 or 4s logically should have a dedicated light.

07-05-11 09:37 PM
    Apple seen to take every company under the Sun to court if their product has 1% im common with an Apple device, maybe its RIMs turn to be petty

hahahahaaa. Well said !! Best post of the week!! :-)

07-05-11 09:39 PM
    I doubt it will, I'm running ios5 and you would think there would be a settings menu for it, nothing. Then again there's no settings for the camera flash notification.
    07-06-11 04:04 AM
    Apple would have to do a lot more to their phone before I consder switching. LED is a start but I can't stand their touchscreen keyboard or locked down device that they ship. I don't want to have to jailbreak my device in order to get free ringtones. What a joke!!!
    07-06-11 01:48 PM
    I'm sure they will take the LED and put their own spin on it, maybe make the home button flash a little. I think they will want to do their own thing to the LED so they can say "Apple's version is better"
    07-06-11 02:26 PM
    it would be cool if they put it on their, im about to get the iphone 4 and thats the one thing im gonna miss
    07-06-11 03:49 PM
    I doubt it will, I'm running ios5 and you would think there would be a settings menu for it, nothing. Then again there's no settings for the camera flash notification.
    Son...look under settings, general and accessibility and tell me what you see?

it's there I am running iOS5
    07-07-11 12:09 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD