After 3 years I've ironed out most of the BS in BBOS. Not all, but most. Like many, I picked up a an iPhone, tested it, pick up a BB and never looked back. Jobs can take his on screen keyboard, his one button mouse, and his "you'll have to learn to appreciate my genius" attitude and and shove them up his ***.
    07-04-11 12:31 PM
    Seriously a bunch of little whiny babies on this forum. If you like the iPhone, get it. If you want the BB, get it. Quit trying to put down other companies while RIM is burning to the ground.
    07-04-11 02:29 PM
    Seriously a bunch of little whiny babies on this forum. If you like the iPhone, get it. If you want the BB, get it. Quit trying to put down other companies while RIM is burning to the ground.
    He says...whining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 02:41 PM
    My mom and sister just got iPhone 4's. I use to have one and I liked it but now i love my Torch (except that it lags) but when i looked at it I was waiting for an led blink to pop up. Then i realized...ohh it's not a Blackberry...ahahahah.
    07-04-11 02:53 PM
    This thread is about a blinking light.?.?.? Really????

and yes I just replied in a thread about a blinking light... Ugh!

PG
    Foreverup likes this.
    07-04-11 03:32 PM
    I know, right!

Worse still though....it's about a damn iCantThinkForMyself.

07-04-11 03:35 PM

PG
    You may not like the LED lights, but many people including me use the light as an indicator for who called. The custom LED is very helpful to me because I lock my phone all the time and when my mom/dad or bother text, it blink differently, so I unlock the phone and check the message. When my friends text, just the regular red light will blink. This way I save time plus I don't have to keep locking and unlocking.

Anyway, to me the LED is part of what make a phone, a good phone. It is a personal preference anyway.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    07-04-11 03:37 PM
    You may not like the LED lights, but many people including me use the light as an indicator for who called. The custom LED is very helpful to me because I lock my phone all the time and when my mom/dad or bother text, it blink differently, so I unlock the phone and check the message. When my friends text, just the regular red light will blink. This way I save time plus I don't have to keep locking and unlocking.

Anyway, to me the LED is part of what make a phone, a good phone. It is a personal preference anyway.
    Don't get me wrong I use the led as well, my comment was more in terms of how much discussion was generated over something like a blinking light....

PG

PS: Bleep, now you sucked me into replying to a thread about a blinking light again....
    07-04-11 04:12 PM
    An LED notification is a step in the right direction for iPhone, but their notification system in general still falls way short of Blackberry and was one of the main reasons I took my iPhone4 back. The Blackberry's system, with the red badge to signify "totally new message" and the envelope counter to show "marked as unread" is absolutely perfect - the iPhone's doesn't work this way at all and I frequently found myself confused as to what my inbox situation was. In my business, that's bad news.

Because I so wanted the iPhone to work for me, I looked into 3rd party notification apps. The best was considered to be Boxcar, but it still worked terribly compared to BB. I can't remember exactly how it worked but every time I got a notification I had to actually go into the app to acknowledge and reset it - terrible.

Then of course there's the notification tones. You cannot hear them in a noisy environment. I downloaded so-called "loud" tones for it, but I still couldn't hear them, nor the phone ringer - and I was missing calls and messages all the time. My Blackberry rings so loud I get yelled at on the bus, lol. And good old "notifier light speed," it's the most audible combination of frequencies ever! I never miss a message, not even in Times Square.

Honestly, after a month of this nonsense I took it back and got another Bold. And for the rest of that day I kept taking it out of my bag, kissing it and saying "welcome back.." - yes I'm pathetic lol but hey, it takes a month without a Blackberry to realize just how superior they are as communication devices.

07-04-11 04:13 PM
    Whether or not it has a LED notification light or not doesn't really mean much. A ton of android devices have it and the notifications still suck.

The issue is notification customizations and profile customizations, not the light.
    07-04-11 04:56 PM
    All I have to say is WOW
    Maybe blackjack was right about all these "reverse" trolls?!
    07-04-11 05:12 PM
    The blinking LED makes sense for any device... it's pathetically simple and helpful.
    RetroAndreas and mustangv8 like this.
    07-04-11 07:31 PM
    I will also admit I am a Macbook Air owner.

I hate Apple. I am envious and jealous of their success and it pisses me off to see that isn't happening to RIM (call me a kid, I don't care).
    Too funny and my sediments exactly though the "hate" word is a little strong for me.

I've purchased iMacs, iPod Touches, ATV's, Airport Extreme Base Stations and in about six weeks 2 MacPros for my kids.

I wish Apple was the niche company of yesteryear when they were taking handouts from M$ and I enjoyed buying their products
    07-04-11 08:06 PM
    tkwolf then you should play with it before you buy it or if you have a friend that gets one maybe they will let you play with it.
    however, that is provided that the iPhone 5 has some significant changes on it. If its gonna look like the iPhone 4 then i aint buying that. The chances of me switching to another platform from blackberry is like only 10% and with the release of the 99900, i'll probably have more reasons to stay than leave
    07-04-11 08:18 PM

PG
    For many BB owners, the flashing LED is the only part of their phone that acxtually works the way it is supposed to. Ask the current storm owners what works like it is supposed to on their phones.
    07-04-11 08:21 PM
    Yeah-ask me! I am a Storm 1 and 2 owner and EVERYTHING works just fine for me. I have never had all those issues others had with my phones. Am I lucky or do I just have the best Storms out there??
    07-04-11 11:21 PM
    LOL

07-04-11 11:39 PM
    That's why I will never buy an Apple product. Apple also treat their company workers like slaves. I work part time at BestBuy and Apple is forcing me to take training courses that I don't even need. My manager at BestBuy refused to fire me. Apple wants BestBuy to fire me because I called Apple neo-Hitler style management.
    Yea steves a bit nutty if I remember correctly or if this is even true, at one point didn't he have the company divided working on two different computers and he forced the two sides to "fight" with each other?
    Eh who am I to Judge he's the billionaire.

07-04-11 11:45 PM
    novelty wears off sooner or later.
    07-04-11 11:47 PM
    Though a LED will attract most, it would take more to get many to make the move. I do use both and would welcome a real flashing LED. I would also like to see notifications completely done over, what they have now is pitiful and giving us the ability to repeat pitiful is more pitiful!
    Just FYI the notifications have been completely redone for iOS 5. They pretty much copied Android -> so not as good as BB but 1000x better than what they are now in iOS4.

Where did the OP hear this blinking LED rumour? I am pretty much refreshing Apple tech sites all day long and I somehow missed that piece of info.
    07-05-11 12:06 AM
    It's in the iOS5 beta release notes.
    07-05-11 12:18 AM
    As far as the hitler reference goes on apple....

I am tired of everyone hitlerizing their percieved enemies. Republicans who call obama hitler, Democrats who called bush hitler, RIM fans who call apple hitler....

Lets please wait until another person actually murders six million of their own countrymen before we call them hitler.
    07-05-11 08:03 AM
    Look even if apple try and copy BB's way of led notifications, you can be assured that they will do it their way which means you wont have much scope for customisation unless you jailbreak your phone and someone on cydia decides to write an app that gives you all these fanciful colours and different blinking schemes a la bebuzz app for the BB.

The single most fustrating thing about apple and the iphone is the lack of customisation plus the very 90's look of a screen full of icons or a screen full of folders....it just so damn outdated.
    mssca likes this.
    07-05-11 08:09 AM
    Sounds promissing. Anything would be an inprovement
    07-05-11 10:07 AM
    I dont want to have to upgrade yearly to keep up with its tech.
    You know, in fairness, an iphone 3GS purchased 2 years ago will still run the yet-to-be released iOS5.

A Blackberry Torch purchased 2 days ago won't run just next version of the BB OS. It's an end-of-life product the moment you get it.

So while there are new features, and an expectation that a new iphone will come out every year, that's a heck of a lot more infrequent than Samsung, RIM, HTC etc...who seem to come out with new models every few months.

It's been over a year since Apple unveiled a new iphone.

(Quick Someone call me a troll for stating some simple facts!)
    07-05-11 12:54 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD