New iPad3 in the next few months?

Apple's iPad 3 Out in Spring: Maybe - Forbes

Hmmm... I guess we have all know this would happen but the question was when, not if. I would not be surprised if they roll out a better version of the iPad in two or three months. The current iPad2 has lower specs on speakers, processor and screen than the Playbook. iPad2 owners are probably going to feel like iPad1 owners after they released the new one with front and rear cameras. Because we know Apple will continue to innovate.

Just yesterday my neighbor's ten year old was watchinig my Playbook and a friend with an iPad said "Wow! I have X-men on my iPad but it does not look that awesome". His words not mine.

Kinda made me feel good though. The Playbook was not a money maker for RIM, so far, but it sure has been a pleasure to have this awesome table from day one. I hope that as the promotional/market penetration pricing gets more people to try it the word will get out on how awesome this little guy really is.

I played with a friends Motorola Xoom and it was nice but the UI just did not do it for me. Maybe because I'm just used to the Playbook though.

Anyway, interesting article on the competition.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 12-12-11 at 10:08 AM.
    12-12-11 10:03 AM
    It going to be a very interesting year (2012) for all platforms. I can barley wait to see whats new and exciting, I'm just glad to be part of this.
    12-12-11 10:10 AM
    Great! Some good BLACKBERRY news and rumors...
    ridesno159 likes this.
    12-12-11 10:15 AM
    Just yesterday my neighbor's ten year old was watchinig my Playbook and a friend with an iPad said "Wow! I have X-men on my iPad but it does not look that awesome". His words not mine..
    I have good news for the nation's 10 year-olds: if PlayBook sales continue as they have recently, even jobless children will be able to afford them.
    12-12-11 10:23 AM
    RIM can only hope that the iPad 3 does not release any where near the Speculated OS 2 launch.....

iPad 3 Expected To Launch In Next 3–4 Months [Rumor]
    By Killian Bell (1:55 am, Dec 12)

Treating yourself to an iPad 2 this Christmas? Well, you may want to hold onto your cash for a few months. According to sources in Apple’s supply chain, manufacturers have already begun shipping parts and components for the iPad 3, which is expected to launch in just 3–4 months.

In addition to shipping parts and components for the third-generation iPad, manufacturers have reduced their supply of components for the existing second-generation device, according to a new DigiTimes report:

OEM production of iPad 2 will remain high at 14-15 million units in the fourth quarter of 2011 but decline to 4-5 million units in the first quarter of 2012, paving the way for the launch of the new iPads, the sources noted.

The new iPad — which is expected to be the first to boast a high-resolution Retina display — is set to enter production in January, according to Kevin Chang, and analyst with Citigroup. Production will increase during February ahead of the device’s launch in March or April.
    12-12-11 10:25 AM
    RIM can only hope that the iPad 3 does not release any where near the Speculated OS 2 launch.....
    2013?

10 char
    Lead_Express likes this.
    12-12-11 10:28 AM
    2013?

10 char
    Now that was funny............
    12-12-11 10:32 AM
    The iPad is fast becoming the dominant enterprise tablet. I work with several large companies and all are moving towards the iPad as part of their field sales strategy. Most of it has to do with the usability of iOS and the ease of development for custom apps on the platform. I don't see RIM catching up unfortunately.
    12-12-11 10:46 AM
    Analysts on CNBC over the past week have indicated:
    Feb 2012
    Mar-Apr 2012
    1st half of 2012
    Who knows.
    Good Luck
    12-12-11 10:20 PM
    Analysts on CNBC over the past week have indicated:
    Feb 2012
    Mar-Apr 2012
    1st half of 2012
    Who knows.
    Good Luck
    12-12-11 10:21 PM
    I feel sorry for the iPad2 folks who coughed up ~$500+ for their soon to be obsolete devices...
    12-12-11 10:32 PM
    I feel sorry for the iPad2 folks who coughed up ~$500+ for their soon to be obsolete devices...
    That would be me. Bought it on the Apple site on Black Friday for about $460.
    New to Apple and needed to get it then to have enough time to set it up for my wife as a Christmas present.

Still learning new things.
    Good Luck
    12-12-11 10:52 PM

New to Apple and needed to get it then to have enough time to set it up for my wife as a Christmas present.

Good Luck

My best friend just bought a 32gb for his wife and he'll be pissed if a new one comes out in february..

Sent from my OSBB'd 9930 via Tapatalk
    12-12-11 11:19 PM
    Read an article somewhere about Feb possibly. I'm not currently in the market for one but will watch all the hype hit. I want to see if they live up to the market's expectations. The 1 and 2 sure did. There is a difference now with huge competition from the value oriented tablet buyers looking at the $200 lower end models without the apple appeal.
    12-13-11 02:02 AM

Good Luck
    Buy the device that you want at the price you want when you want it. With technology, if you keep holding off until the next thing comes out, you'll die without purchasing a single item. Just a thought
    12-13-11 02:59 AM
    I hope this is valid. I'll be getting one. I skipped the iP2, because it didn't offer that much of an upgrade to my iP1.
    12-13-11 04:25 AM
    Will you feel bad for the PB owners when their devices become obsolete?

The iPad 2 came out in March 2011. By the time the iPad 3 comes out, the iPad 2 will be almost/more than a year old.

I don't feel bad for anyone buying technology and expecting it to be the best (for their device model) for more than a year. For those who just bought an iPad 2, they shouldn't worry about it. If they did, they would have known a new iPad would be out soon.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-13-11 at 05:15 AM.
    12-13-11 05:13 AM
    I feel bad for the people who coughed up 500 dollars for the 199 playbook.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk
    12-13-11 05:38 AM
    I feel bad for the people who coughed up 500 dollars for the 199 playbook.

Sent from my MD276LL using Tapatalk

I'm glad I only paid $300 for mine. *whew*

Sent from my OSBB'd 9930 via Tapatalk
    12-13-11 05:59 AM

Good Luck
    You'd probably still get 75% back on eBay. iPads tend to hold their value for longer.
    12-13-11 06:28 AM
    And it's funny iDevices are hardly obsolete even my iPad 1st gen runs the new OS just fine. BB's on the other hand....
    12-13-11 07:16 AM
    i also still have and use a great deal, ---> my iPad 1st gen. It runs fine and is in perfect condition.

I have no need or desire to have to "keep up" with technology just because the iPad2 is out or the iPad3 will be coming out.
    12-13-11 08:15 AM
    My friend was working on apple and he changed his profession and life build career because he discovered the best method to get a ipad for free. Each problem which I have with iPad it's finished for me because my friend Mike helps me. After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com . I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free ipads 2 + white smartcover. It's a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol
    orly??????
    12-14-11 08:59 AM
    There was no news in that article.
    12-14-11 10:17 AM
    i believe his friend's name is Rick Roll...
    12-14-11 10:53 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD