From all the tech site reports (if believable), it looks like this might come to fruition.
    07-05-12 07:34 AM
    Heard this rumor months before they announced the new iPad. I thought Apple was going to release it. This was the reason why I sold my 64GB PlayBook but bought the 32GB a few weeks later.

I had the original iPad (64GB 3G) and sold it for the PlayBook because it was PITA to carry around and hate the Video playback and that there's no Video playlist. Why can't I just instantly play a video, I have to go through two steps?!?!?

Not that I'm selling my PlayBook but I do want an iPad for my iTunes Purchases/Protected library and Retina. until Apple changes this I'm passing on the iPad.
    Last edited by bembol; 07-05-12 at 08:03 AM.
    07-05-12 07:59 AM
    LOL, why did I know before clicking that the OP couldn't post a straight Apple discussion, in the Apple Forum no less, without making it a jab at the PB...
    That IS a fair question.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    07-05-12 11:42 AM
    If I were on a budget a 7 inch iPad would be great. I still believe that around 10 inches is the best size.
    07-07-12 12:16 PM
    The playbook is a heck of a lot better than the ipad. Yes the ipad sells, but so did pet rocks and beanie babies. While it's too bad the playbook didn't get the recognition it deserves, it's a better tablet than the ipad. The ipad has more apps, but the playbook is at least open. (And those dang safari browser crashes...)
    Better is all relative depending on what you want to do. There are still tasks I can't perform to my satisfaction on my PB because:

- the stock apps aren't satisfactory
    - 3rd party apps aren't available to make up for it
    - I don't like the browser solutions as much as the apps

I am not going to go into details about which apps because it just leads to a discussion where people are telling other people what apps they do and don't need which is always ridiculous. If the apps aren't available, they aren't available. If you don't see a need for them fine, but others have different needs.

I love things about my Playbook, but there are definitely tasks I miss from iOS that make me consider another tablet. I love the 7" size though, and if a 7" iPad and the Nexus 7 are both available, I will likely be trying them out to see what I think.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 07-07-12 at 12:30 PM.
    07-07-12 12:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD