I am new to crackberry. This site is extremely useful. I just bought an iPhone 3G over the weekend. I love it, but there rungtones are terrible. I've spent a lot of time downloading certain ringtones to my old blackberry pearl. Now I want to know if I can transfer those ringtones over to my new iPhone. If so....then how?
    09-04-08 10:07 PM
    I use Audiko for a lot of my ringtones.

To transfer them though, I think you need to copy them into iTunes and then convert them to a ringtone.
    09-05-08 10:22 AM
    Copy the ringtones to your PC and then use the info in the thread by CrazEToon

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/wan...hone-3g-51632/
    09-05-08 03:04 PM
    I did copy them to my desktop the ringtones become a mp3 file once transferee to the desktop. But this is where I get stuck. In the thread by crazetoon( which is a really good article by the way ) he says that once on the desktop I need to rename the extension to a m4r. But I tried and failed. So I guess what I need to know next is how to rename my mp3 file to a m4r.
    I tried to transfer them to iTunes but unsuccessful. Damn apple and the whole monopoly. I reaaly like the ringtones on the pearl. It took me quite some time to get those star wars ringtones....I know I'm such a weenie but I can't help it I love star wars. So please help if u can
    09-05-08 07:42 PM
    I did copy them to my desktop the ringtones become a mp3 file once transferee to the desktop. But this is where I get stuck. In the thread by crazetoon( which is a really good article by the way ) he says that once on the desktop I need to rename the extension to a m4r. But I tried and failed. So I guess what I need to know next is how to rename my mp3 file to a m4r.
    I tried to transfer them to iTunes but unsuccessful. Damn apple and the whole monopoly. I reaaly like the ringtones on the pearl. It took me quite some time to get those star wars ringtones....I know I'm such a weenie but I can't help it I love star wars. So please help if u can
    Here's what I did to make m4r ringtones:

1. Make a playlist in iTunes called ringtones.
    2. Drag all the mp3's (30 seconds or less) you want as ringtones into that playlist.
    3. Right-click on the mp3 and choose Convert Selection to AAC.
    4. Once done, you'll have an AAC version of that MP3 in a folder. The default save folder is My Documents\iTunes\iTunes Music (or whatever path is listed under the Advanced\General section of your Preferences)
    5. Change the extension of that .aac file to .m4r.
    6. Drag the .m4r files into the Ringtone section of iTunes and sync away!

I hope that helps!
    09-06-08 02:32 AM
    how do you change the extension of the file like u said from acc to the other one? please and thanks for your help.
    09-13-10 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD