RIM hates apple....

in other news the earth has humans.

evidence...

http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/03/RIM.pdf
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    03-16-11 12:23 AM
    LOL..BES vs Active Sync..Who cares. The iPhone gets email pushed to it. What do you need to do with email other than read it and forward it on to somebody else. I'll take the iPhone any day over the BB for the rest of the stuff it blows it away with including that rich internet and multimeia experience. These things that are huge with an expensive data plan.

BBs are good devices for what they do but to me, paying for a data plan to get fancy email manipulation and BBM don't justify the need for a data plan when the meat and potatos which is web browsing and multimedia lack badly. BBs are a great business phone but not an all-purpose smartphone.
    03-16-11 06:03 AM
    Take it from someone who has had three iPhones and three BB's (9000, 9700, and 9800), ActiveSync is very nice. I'm back on BB now and I don't have my calendar synced anymore unless I purchase a third party product.

When using my iPhone I usually received my emails at the same time (actually within 3 seconds or less) as I did on my desktop, no delays.

BTW, I love my iPhone 4 and my Torch! You don't hear that too often...

-Rich

exchange/activesync is huge. Gives users BES capabilities, syncs calendars contacts etc.

You are right you are BES biased
    03-16-11 07:30 AM
    I feel the notifications are still way better with blackberry. The fact one can set the number of vibrations wheather to make them short of long, etc makes the berry better for corporate users.

I work for an investment bank and use the berry for my bloomberg messages and although the iphone supports it too, i would go nuts without the LED flash.
    03-16-11 08:26 AM
    Mike Lazaridis also stated a few years back that Touchscreens were just a fad-

But of course they jumped on that "Fad" with their Terribad Storm device-majigger.

Anywho, here is an update to the often- "mis-quoted quote" that still, IMO captures the same sentiment, but with different words.

UPDATED: Mike Lazaridis Says Tablets and Touchscreen Phones Are Insignificant | BlackBerry Cool

From the article:

"Lazaridis also dismissed the importance of touchscreen phones, saying that touch-only devices such as the iPhone aren’t that popular. While it’s important to appease the consumer and the carrier, who clearly want a touchscreen device, he believes most of these customers are shifting to QWERTY."

After Mike's HILARIOUSLY Hilarious Paula Abdul moment on All Things Digital, I really just don't put much worth on his mouthwords.

LAWL
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 03-16-11 at 09:39 AM.
    03-16-11 09:36 AM
    I feel the notifications are still way better with blackberry. The fact one can set the number of vibrations wheather to make them short of long, etc makes the berry better for corporate users.

I work for an investment bank and use the berry for my bloomberg messages and although the iphone supports it too, i would go nuts without the LED flash.
    I have to admit that I found it usefull as well, but I don't find that the iPhone is lacking too much not having this. Sure, it would be nice if they'd have built one where the white square on the home button would glow/flash if you had a notification (would be a cool factor really), but I find myself leaving my iPhone on vibrate all the time and I know that if I get a short vibration I have a txt and if it's long, it's an email. With 4.3, I'll know that two short vibs will be a text, so for those of you who couldn't feel/notice the slight difference between the vib duration of an email vs txt, now you'll have an easier gauge.

The nice thing now is... I no longer have the Fantom LED Blink out of the corner of my eye. I swear RIM must have programmed something in there that if you don't get a notification in a long time, the LED would blink once just to keep you OCD prone. lol "I swear I saw it!!! It blinked at me!" lol
    03-16-11 10:54 AM
    Mike Lazaridis also stated a few years back that Touchscreens were just a fad-

But of course they jumped on that "Fad" with their Terribad Storm device-majigger.

Anywho, here is an update to the often- "mis-quoted quote" that still, IMO captures the same sentiment, but with different words.

UPDATED: Mike Lazaridis Says Tablets and Touchscreen Phones Are Insignificant | BlackBerry Cool

From the article:

"Lazaridis also dismissed the importance of touchscreen phones, saying that touch-only devices such as the iPhone aren’t that popular. While it’s important to appease the consumer and the carrier, who clearly want a touchscreen device, he believes most of these customers are shifting to QWERTY."

After Mike's HILARIOUSLY Hilarious Paula Abdul moment on All Things Digital, I really just don't put much worth on his mouthwords.

LAWL
    Can you please tell me which part of the transcripts captures the same sentiment? Please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Intosh; 03-16-11 at 02:10 PM.
    03-16-11 02:06 PM
    The iPhone sucked so much, RIM had to one up them and create a bigger POS, the Storm series.
    03-16-11 02:28 PM
    The nice thing now is... I no longer have the Fantom LED Blink out of the corner of my eye. I swear RIM must have programmed something in there that if you don't get a notification in a long time, the LED would blink once just to keep you OCD prone. lol "I swear I saw it!!! It blinked at me!" lol
    Simply Hilarious!!! I know exactly what you're talking about!!!
    03-16-11 02:46 PM
    The iPhone sucked so much, RIM had to one up them and create a bigger POS, the Storm series.
    Another anonymous dude saying iPhone sucks. Someone quick report this to BGR.
    03-16-11 02:51 PM
    Another anonymous dude saying iPhone sucks. Someone quick report this to BGR.
    lol. Yea it was anonymous, but do you really think they didn't say it? Not that it really matters, but the CO-CEOs have said some stupid **** in the past. I really wouldn't doubt if a RIM employee, anonymous or not did release a statement like this.
    03-16-11 02:57 PM
    lol. Yea it was anonymous, but do you really think they didn't say it? Not that it really matters, but the CO-CEOs have said some stupid **** in the past. I really wouldn't doubt if a RIM employee, anonymous or not did release a statement like this.
    In a group of thousands of people, is it that surprising that some individual says something stupid? You think no Apple or Google employee said anything stupid?

It means nothing. It doesn't mean that RIM, as an entity, officially said it, nor that any public figure for the company officially said it.

So why is it newsworthy?

And by the way, Steve Jobs said some stupid **** in the past too.
    03-16-11 03:32 PM
    In a group of thousands of people, is it that surprising that some individual says something stupid? You think no Apple or Google employee said anything stupid?
    I never said they didn't. I am sure they did, but that isn't what we are talking about.

It means nothing. It doesn't mean that RIM, as an entity, officially said it, nor that any public figure for the company officially said it.

So why is it newsworthy?
    Once again, I never said RIM officially said it, and I never said it was newsworthy. However, we are discussing it. So it must be worth something, right?

And by the way, Steve Jobs said some stupid **** in the past too.
    Yup. And every stupid thing Steve says gets reported, and put straight into the news.
    03-16-11 03:49 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD