I've searched all over the place, but can not find ONE definitive answer-

Is there a way to UNjailbreak, my jailbroken iPhone?

Is there a way to do it so that the Folks at a Genius Bar won't know?
    11-11-09 11:01 PM
    Plug into iTunes and restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 11:05 PM
    Thats it?

I've read also that I should wipe the settings on my phone, as well as delete the back ups?

But is it necessary...?
    11-11-09 11:08 PM
    All I did for mine was plug it in and restore! I'm not a tech genius, but everything was like it was never jailbroken in the first place

11-12-09 01:44 AM
    I've searched all over the place, but can not find ONE definitive answer-

Is there a way to UNjailbreak, my jailbroken iPhone?

Is there a way to do it so that the Folks at a Genius Bar won't know?
    I'm just curious, I am still debating on if I should or shouldn't jailbreak my phone. What is the reason why you want to unjailbreak it ?

11-12-09 07:41 AM
    I'm just curious, I am still debating on if I should or shouldn't jailbreak my phone. What is the reason why you want to unjailbreak it ?

If you take it in for repairs, a jailbroken phone may not be repaired.
    11-12-09 10:20 AM
    I could see reason for Jailbreaking PRE 2.0 but now that Apps are out...

I just don't see a reason for ME to have it jailbroken-

Especially since I'm running it on AT&T, Not Tmo....

I'm happy with my app store, I'm happy not multitasking, I'm happy with my lil' communist Apple phone.

Why do I want to UNjailbreak my iPhone?

My iPhone has gotten a little "slower". Not by much, but enough that I'd just rather have it the way it was.

Genius Bar is important to me.

I'm not a patient person, so when updates drop, I want them. Now.
    11-12-09 11:50 AM
    I could see reason for Jailbreaking PRE 2.0 but now that Apps are out...

I just don't see a reason for ME to have it jailbroken-

Especially since I'm running it on AT&T, Not Tmo....

I'm happy with my app store, I'm happy not multitasking, I'm happy with my lil' communist Apple phone.

Why do I want to UNjailbreak my iPhone?

My iPhone has gotten a little "slower". Not by much, but enough that I'd just rather have it the way it was.

Genius Bar is important to me.

I'm not a patient person, so when updates drop, I want them. Now.
    Jailbreaking has no effect on App Store. Jailbreaking does not "slow the phone" running apps does. If you don't want it jailbroke, just do a restore from itunes.
    11-12-09 12:31 PM
    I'll just do a restore then, as I originally thought.

You're right, jailbreaking doesn't affect the App Store.

But if I have access to the App Store, I really don't see the reason to have it Jailbroken.

Running Cydia is slower than Rock.
    11-12-09 12:43 PM
    I'll just do a restore then, as I originally thought.

You're right, jailbreaking doesn't affect the App Store.

But if I have access to the App Store, I really don't see the reason to have it Jailbroken.

Running Cydia is slower than Rock.
    Free apps from installous?
    11-12-09 02:32 PM
    I don't want free apps.

I like, and don't mind paying for my apps.

As I said, in my OP, for *me* I no longer see any reason to have my iPhone JailBroken.
    11-12-09 02:46 PM
    Yup, a simple restore will do the trick. Do not use a backup that you made while the phone was jailbroken, because it can possibly cause issues. Just start from scratch and re-sync everything.
    11-12-09 05:27 PM
    I don't want free apps.

I like, and don't mind paying for my apps.

As I said, in my OP, for *me* I no longer see any reason to have my iPhone JailBroken.

I have mine jailbroken for tethering capability. When and if AT&T allows tethering, then I may no longer need to have a jailbroke iPhone.
    11-12-09 06:26 PM
    I had mine jailbroken, then got bored with it and unjailbroke it. Then the phillies went down 2-1 against ny, so I jailbroken it again out of superstition!!! It worked for game 5...haha. I just unjailbroke it again tonight.

11-12-09 08:10 PM
    Every time I jailbreak I go back.. phone is buggier jailbroken.
    11-12-09 09:24 PM
    I haven't found my iPhone to be buggy at all while jailbroken. It has been very stable for me every time I jailbreak. There are some programs I have found to be very buggy though, but that is expected.

And jburke, I'm sorry for your loss, but 27 championships feels very nice.

11-12-09 09:55 PM
    Yea yea....salt in the wound. Congrats...well played. I'm excited for next season though, I wish slit were spring already!

11-12-09 11:17 PM
    I have mine jailbroken for tethering capability. When and if AT&T allows tethering, then I may no longer need to have a jailbroke iPhone.
    Now THATS a good reason to jailbreak!
    11-13-09 02:49 AM
    Yea yea....salt in the wound. Congrats...well played. I'm excited for next season though, I wish slit were spring already!

Haha, it was a fun series to watch though. Good luck next season, we will probably see you guys again.

11-13-09 09:11 AM
    I'm going to restore mine today. I also found that the phone is a bit slower, cydia isn't easy to use. You could literally spend days trying to find a theme, and then once you do, not all of the icons are skinned. I have backgrounder, but honestly I never use it. I tested out tether, and it's ok. But I'm too paranoid that I'm going to get hit with a bill from AT&T one day. But the biggest reason is that I'm getting a lot of dropped calls.
    11-17-09 09:35 AM
    Apps in Cydia add a ton of new features. I love Winterboard for themes and SBSettings for changing my phone settings on the fly. Installous is nice for trying full version apps before you buy, MobileCinema (and similar apps) for streaming full movies over wifi/3G, 3G Unrestrictor for removing the 10MB limit from iTunes downloads over 3G (good for podcasts on the fly), and so many more I can't remember right now.

Is a non-jailbroken iPhone 3GS good? Of course! But I prefer getting more functionality with mine, so I jailbreak it to get it.
    11-18-09 10:32 AM
    My jailbroken 3g is slow. 10 to 7 seconds to open message folder. In safe mode which just happened to me yesterday, some crash, I decided to run it for few hrs. Omg was very impressed. 3 to 4 seconds to open message folder and safari was fast n stable. I'm on tmobile so no option for me then to be jailbroken although been wondering why someone can't figure out how to unlock without jailbreaking. ...

11-25-09 12:41 PM
    I jailbroke my 32gig 3gs last night so that I can use my slingbox to view live TV anywhere. Without jailbreak you can only use it on WiFi. It works perfectly !!
    11-27-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD