ok guess, its late at night and i just sold my iphone 3GS and want to restore it )keep it 3.1.2 without upgrading to 3.1.3)

I tried the simple way ... got the 3.1.2 firmware... Option > restore and I'm getting this

" the iphone could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the request'

I dont have my ECID/SSH saved with saurik and from what i researched apple stopped assigning 3.1.2

anyways, is there an easier way to just delete everything?

My phone is unlocked/jailbroken, and the buyer will lock it and use it on his AT&T. i talked to him and he said that locking it and using it with att will be easy. so all i need to do is restore my phone

can i just delete everything, apps/media/messages and delete all email accounts on the phone? I cant think of way where he can restore all the info on my phone if hes locking it

just an extra thing i need to know... will there be a problem if he locks an unlocked jailbroken iphone and use it on at&T?

sorry guys its late at night and i exhausted all the possibilities... any advice/flaming is welcome

kthnxbaiXD

PS:

wont work since i dont have the ECID SHS backed up.. just incase someone points at this youtube

Edit.. since hes going to use it with At&T.. i went ahead and 'erase all content on the iphone. Im assuming its going to lock the phone when its done but anyways he will set it up from the begining to use it with at&t.

i hope what im doing is right

:facepalm:

update: did the erase all and the apple logo got stuck there for a good 5 hours.

restored the phone and updated it to 3.1.3. exhausted all my options. im guessing by doing that it will erase all my data. and im pretty sure the guy wont have a problem activating it with att

need confirmations!

thanks again
    02-05-10 01:30 PM
    I'll Cliff note this thread when i get back from class
    02-05-10 01:31 PM
    Try searching modmyi.com. Hope this helps
    02-05-10 02:53 PM
    lol this thread was copy pasted from my thread on MMi

im guessing by restoring and updating on to 3.1.3 u have locked the phone and erased everything on it.. i hope
    02-05-10 03:54 PM
    Yes. As long as when you restored you set it up as new, none of your data should be on the phone and it will now be locked back to AT&T
    02-05-10 04:44 PM
    If it's going to be on AT&T and he doesn't want it jailbroken just restore to the new firmware and select the option set up as new and you should be good to go.
    02-05-10 05:11 PM
    thanks guys
    02-07-10 07:03 PM
    you should be good to go with that
    02-08-10 07:27 PM
    Next time you can download the 3.1.2 .ipsw file. Then in iTunes hold shift while clicking the restore button, then choose the file.
    02-09-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD