http://tinyurl.com/yfz2f7q

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 05:51 PM
    figured this would be posted here, another rumor another day.

Sorry but I still dont buy them doing this nor downsizing the phone to 2.8" We saw the same rumor last summer of a smaller iphone and didnt happen.

sounds like a unicorn right up there with the iphone nano and the itablet (for now).

Every time these analysts say jump the sheeple say how high and believe every word. Its kinda sad.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-06-09 at 06:43 PM.
    11-06-09 06:39 PM
    11-06-09 06:50 PM
    All the links that you can post regard the same rumor so it doesnt add any more credibility to it.

There were the same "leaks" of the smaller screen iphone "nano" last year and it didnt happen. Rumors should be taken with a huge grain of salt, theyve proven to be non-credible many times over.
    11-06-09 06:57 PM
    All the links that you can post regard the same rumor so it doesnt add any more credibility to it.

There were the same "leaks" of the smaller screen iphone "nano" last year and it didnt happen. Rumors should be taken with a huge grain of salt, theyve proven to be non-credible many times over.
    Uh, yeah I know the links lead back to the same rumor. Duh.

You can bet Apple is eager to sell the iPhone on another US carrier. They haven't been able to sell it, aside from AT&T, because of the exclusivity agreement, thats why the rumors have been all false up to this point.

We can all expect an iPhone on Verizon sometime in 2010.
    11-06-09 07:02 PM
    Believe what you want but there's nothing to expect until something more than a loose rumor is had from a shop that has been wrong year after year so far.
    11-06-09 07:06 PM
    it may be true...but crappy pics and a blog wont convince me.
    11-06-09 07:53 PM
    there arent even any pics, those are the same pics from the debunked rumor LAST summer. Rehashing an old rumor every year doesnt make it any more true this time around.
    11-06-09 08:02 PM
    thanks for the links but i doubt this until we see concrete proof from vzw
    11-06-09 08:55 PM
    Yea makes sense.. Verizon is slamming Apple and the iPhone yet they are getting it when? LMAO!
    11-06-09 10:06 PM
    The iphone is not going to vzw sorry to burst ppls bubble but its not happening,though they would be perfect for each other they block so much stuff,and trust me nothing would make me happier then to see vzw get that phone to un clog the att network,and the rights aren't up till 2011 or somethin like that

11-06-09 10:20 PM
    Its funny because a lot of vzw users crap on the iphone because it's on AT&T. As soon as it goes to vzw all those haters will jump to one. They are only hating on it because they can't have one. Kind of the reason why vzw has those commercials. Whereas not too long ago there was an article with an interview with a top exec at vzw where they asked him would they want the iPhone and his answer was "That's apple's decision". So while they can't have it they run all the "iDont" ads. As soon as they get it, they will totally disregard the stuff the iPhone doesn't do. Hypocrites.
    11-06-09 10:22 PM
    IMO, I think by the time the phone makes it to Verizon, it's honeymoon will long be over. Except of course for people who were to lazy to break a contract to get it, which doesn't make sense mathmatically. True smartphone users are a different breed and will always look beyond their current device for better things. Verizon will have 12 different devices by then. And I am sure with the way technology moves these days, a real iPhone killer is just on the horizon.
    11-07-09 08:05 AM
    I know what I am about to say falls under the he said/she said category but here goes anyway.I just recently left Verizon and the Storm because my wife had to have an iPhone and I finally gave in. After a couple weeks, I can honestly say that The iPhone is one bad a@% device. The thing I can not stand is AT&T. They screwed me over before and it killed me to go back to them because of this phone exclusivity B.S. Well, yesterday, when the Droid came out, I figured I'd go look at it and if it was worth it I would leave my wife on AT&T and I would pay more monthly by just switching myself back to Verizon. Thats how much I hate AT&T and love Verizons network and C.S. Here is the catch...I told the two guys my story and they both agreed that the iPhone is awesome and that the Droid is very good but not at the iPhone level. They told me that if I really wanted to come back to Verizon to just wait awhile. They said they have heard info from multiple sources that say there is an apple phone coming out around the New Year for Verizon, but it is not the iPhone. Once the exclusivity is over in the middle of next year for AT&T and Verizon's LTE network is well on it's way, the iPhone will come to Verizon. They swore that they were telling me the truth. I mean they could of pushed the Droid and got me as a customer again and got some commission. I was so desperate I would have fell for it. They didn't and told me to wait it out.

11-07-09 03:01 PM
    Both phones are in the "consumer" catagory so there are many things to consider. I got the iPhone for my personal phone and love it. I don't care for the slider on the droid (first turn off, same with the pre) but it's not were it needs to be. I believe it offers a little more freedom than the iPhone and it probably has what I would want in a personal phone, but I don't have the desire to commit. Just have to see what lies ahead after next year. I agree, AT&T service just sucks. I do a lot of traveling, and sometimes I'll find myself in the middle of nowhere. I just shut the iPhone off and stick it in the glove box until I reach civilization.
    11-07-09 04:33 PM
    a friend called Apple to ask about the whole verizon iphone thing.

apple has PULLED the concept from Verizon because Verizon wants to mess with capabilities as ALWAYS.

this is NOT going to happen folks...
    11-07-09 07:24 PM
    2.8" screen would be a dealbreaker for me anyway, i'm going with at least a 4" screen for my next smartphone. I'm kind of leaning towards Android for my next phone and I don't believe Apple would make any concessions to VZW on the iPhone as it already has a reputation for it's functionality. A stripped down model seems likely but this is all still rumor at this point but a tiny screen is a definite dealbreaker, I don't care how good the phone is, I ain't downsizing to a 2.8" screen just to be on "the network".
    Last edited by armedtank; 11-08-09 at 04:04 AM.
    11-08-09 04:02 AM
    lol smiley face... vzw and iphone....
    11-08-09 07:58 AM
    a friend called Apple to ask about the whole verizon iphone thing.

apple has PULLED the concept from Verizon because Verizon wants to mess with capabilities as ALWAYS.

this is NOT going to happen folks...
    lolz. No. Don't act like you have some special insider knowledge. Apple doesn't tell anyone anything..especially some random dude. The Android phones sans any Verizon interference proves this isn't half the issue it used to be. Find some new nonsense and lies to spew.
    11-10-09 11:15 AM
    The iphone is not going to vzw sorry to burst ppls bubble but its not happening,though they would be perfect for each other they block so much stuff,and trust me nothing would make me happier then to see vzw get that phone to un clog the att network,and the rights aren't up till 2011 or somethin like that

You couldn't be more wrong or misinformed if you tried.

Verizon does not block things any more, GPS is now open, all of its smartphones released recently have no features blocked and no Verizon bloatware.

Also ATT's exclusivity contract runs out before 2011. They re-upped with Apple for another year and it most likely ends next summer.
    11-10-09 12:39 PM
    11-12-09 11:35 PM
    I am a little confused about this iPhone going to Verizon rumor. Are they planning on keeping the full sized iPhone on ATT and giving Verizon the smaller version? Or will all of the carriers have the same version of the iPhone? Also, how are they planning to institute a workable keyboard on a much smaller screen? People already complain that it is too difficult to type on the iPhone in portrait mode. I too think that these are all bogus claims, but I am starting to save for my new iPhone already. I have a feeling it will be stellar.

11-13-09 08:28 PM
    I know what I am about to say falls under the he said/she said category but here goes anyway.I just recently left Verizon and the Storm because my wife had to have an iPhone and I finally gave in. After a couple weeks, I can honestly say that The iPhone is one bad a@% device. The thing I can not stand is AT&T. They screwed me over before and it killed me to go back to them because of this phone exclusivity B.S. Well, yesterday, when the Droid came out, I figured I'd go look at it and if it was worth it I would leave my wife on AT&T and I would pay more monthly by just switching myself back to Verizon. Thats how much I hate AT&T and love Verizons network and C.S. Here is the catch...I told the two guys my story and they both agreed that the iPhone is awesome and that the Droid is very good but not at the iPhone level. They told me that if I really wanted to come back to Verizon to just wait awhile. They said they have heard info from multiple sources that say there is an apple phone coming out around the New Year for Verizon, but it is not the iPhone. Once the exclusivity is over in the middle of next year for AT&T and Verizon's LTE network is well on it's way, the iPhone will come to Verizon. They swore that they were telling me the truth. I mean they could of pushed the Droid and got me as a customer again and got some commission. I was so desperate I would have fell for it. They didn't and told me to wait it out.

I honestly do not know why the rep said this because no store rep knows anything about phones launching at the new year...
    11-14-09 04:29 PM
    Apple isnt going to allow VZW to get it. They just got the droid, which is the competitor of the iPhone. VZW has continually bashed apple for the past couple of months, and again... as many have said it, apple will not turn to VZW - they arent going to go to a company that bashes their product or insults them.... Plus, I wouldn't want the iPhone to be on a VZW network. VZW would never allow apple to use iTunes to get applications, as they want their applications to be opened.... it's not going to happen.
    11-15-09 08:50 AM
    Apple isnt going to allow VZW to get it. They just got the droid, which is the competitor of the iPhone. VZW has continually bashed apple for the past couple of months, and again... as many have said it, apple will not turn to VZW - they arent going to go to a company that bashes their product or insults them.... Plus, I wouldn't want the iPhone to be on a VZW network. VZW would never allow apple to use iTunes to get applications, as they want their applications to be opened.... it's not going to happen.
    You couldnt be more wrong if you tried pal. But I guess since you apparently are a top executive at Apple and know every thing they are planning on doing or not doing I should believe you.
    11-15-09 12:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD