03-18-11 11:13 AM
35 12
tools
    I came from the Droid 2 Global and I don't miss it one bit. I love my iPhone 4. Beautiful screen, great battery life, and tons of apps. I don't have to carry a charger with me like I did with my D2G.
    03-05-11 01:27 PM
    I came from the Droid 2 Global and I don't miss it one bit. I love my iPhone 4. Beautiful screen, great battery life, and tons of apps. I don't have to carry a charger with me like I did with my D2G.
    I love it so far, but to be honest I don't think the battery life is very impressive so far but we'll see. It's probably my only complaint, and a small one at that.
    03-05-11 11:30 PM
    I never Thought i would ever change from BB to Iphone but i finally went for it , had the Bold 9700 and bought the Iphone 4 and absolutely love it ... still kept my bold just incase , but i definitely made the right decision
    03-07-11 05:22 PM
    I was also a huge blackberry fanboy converted to iPhone 4. Love it! I can't see myself ever going back to blackberry. Unless they really step up their game on hardware and such.

And now that liveproifle is out (and coming to bb any minute) I don't even miss Bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 02:11 AM
    I'm a current BB owner but keep thinking about switching to the Iphone 4 but from what I've read the notification system on the Iphone 4 isn't as good as the BB. Does the Iphone 4 have Profiles like the BB or not?
    03-08-11 08:51 AM
    I just got an iPhone 4 the other day to replace my Bold 9650 and all I can say is WOW, what a difference. This phone definitely fits my needs in a smartphone. The voice quality, sound and strong signal is great. tons of apps to pick from, tight interface and a browser where i can render and read webpages with ease. Now, i can fully utilize my data plan without the frustrations I had in the past. The camera and hd video are impressive. And the touchscreen is so much easier to type with than the small keypad.
    The battery life is solid for what this phone can do. Maybe a bit more a drain on it than my Bold but not too much. Also, with their proprietary formats for simple tasks like making ringtones is a bit more work or just simply dragging video to a the media card but that tradeoff is nothing compared to all the things I wanted in a smartphone.

As for waiting for an iPhone 5, I couldn't wait any longer. Now that I got the 4, if the 5 comes out and is better, then so be it. At least I know I still have an unlimited data plan for the next couple of years and a cutting edge phone today at least and who knows what LTE will bring as far as tiered pricing in the future goes. The Verizon rep had no idea when I asked.

All I know is that I'm very impressed with this phone and glad I made the switch.

The Bold is a good phone but it really didn't cut it for what I use my phone for.

One question.....Should I jailbreak it? What sort of things will I have access to besides apps & themes outside of itunes? I'm not much into all kinds of themes since the default theme is good although i like using different themes from time to time.
    About to do the same thing in about two days. The blackberry platform kind of boring to me now... Plus for some reason, my phone is always buggy and laggy... I think that's my bb's way of telling me that its time for a new phone...
    03-09-11 07:27 PM
    About to do the same thing in about two days. The blackberry platform kind of boring to me now... Plus for some reason, my phone is always buggy and laggy... I think that's my bb's way of telling me that its time for a new phone...
    Actually, I found the Blackberry a pretty good phone and the only time I had bugs and lag was when I was installing the leaked OS6 versions. I guess I was hoping OS 6 would overhaul their broswer enough that I could enjoy surfing the web with it. It didn't quite turn out the way I hoped and after trying out an iPhone and saw it did what I wanted, I had to get it. About the only thing I'm a little disappointed with is getting the jailbroken phone to work with flash. I thought I had it with imobilecinema but after a day, it stopped working and frash don't work with newer iOS. I've had some success with Skyfire but the quality goes down the toilet during conversion. For, now, I'll save my the videos that I can't find on the mobile websites, then download them to the iPhone. 32Gig will store plenty of mp4 videos. Besides, the Youtube app works great and the video quality is terrific..The retinal display is unreal and much easier for me to read off the iPhone. Other than my less than successful stab at flash, I really like the phone.

I think you'll like the phone. There's definitely no lag at all and runs very fast and smooth.
    Last edited by zwoof; 03-09-11 at 08:37 PM.
    03-09-11 08:20 PM
    I just got it like two days ago and I haven't put it down since! Like this way better than the blackberry! The screen is flawless, the camera is great and there are so many apps to choose from!
    03-14-11 01:31 PM
    So I hear so much about the terrible notification system on the iPhone. What makes it so terrible compared to bb? Also does the power button mute the ringer on both phone calls and text messages? And is there any type of speed dial app?

Last edited by jebulls; 03-14-11 at 10:55 PM.
    03-14-11 10:31 PM
    So I hear so much about the terrible notification system on the iPhone. What makes it so terrible compared to bb? Also does the power button mute the ringer on both phone calls and text messages? And is there any type of speed dial app?

I don't know. The notification system works great on the iPhone. I never missed a message or email. I get an audible notification and a visual red notification circle with the number of new messages and emails. The difference is the blinking light on the BB which I don't like. The iPhone's notification system is much better to me.

The switch above the +- volume controls is what silences the phone. It also silences the camera shutter sound as well.

As for speed dial, never looked for an app for that. I just use my phone contacts list for that.
    03-18-11 11:13 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD