My brother in law is giving me his iPhone 3g, we both have att. However I want to give the phone to my wife for Christmas (I will buy her another gift too, can't be to stingy), but she is on TMobile. I was reading that there is no way to unlock a 2.2 iPhone 3g, but I found this site:

rebelsimcard.com

Has anyone used this or heard any bad or good things about it? If it works as advertised seems pretty good. Do you think Apple will figure out some way to curb this through firmware?

Anyone know of any other ways to unlock (not jail break) the iPhone 3g running 2.2 firmware? Or a forum on this site that I missed?
    12-10-08 01:53 PM
    No safe way to do it.

software unlocks do not exist and if it is a non t-mobile sim, that would be against T&Cs. Others have stated like you brought to us, these sim cards and hardware unlocks, but I don't think it's worth the trouble.

12-10-08 03:08 PM
    If her contract is up, go to AT&T. Great carrier.
    12-10-08 04:51 PM
    Her contract is up and she can move to ATT, but I am still getting a free iphone, so no real need to sign a new contract for the subsidized price. Also, I would like to be able to unlock it and see if she likes it first (she is very happy with t-mobile) and then move her to ATT for 3g compatibiity.

Also, if the phone is unlocked I can sell on ebay at a much higher price and make my brother in law some money.
    12-10-08 11:01 PM
    There is no way to unlock firmware 2.2... yet. Sometime between Christmas and New Years something may drop from the Dev-Team.

iPhone Dev-Team Unlock Update: “Target date is a few days after Christmas ” | The iPhone Blog
    12-15-08 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD