Now I'm ready to go get the iPhone 4. I was gonna jump in last week but figured i'll wait this time and see how it goes. I jumped onto the BB too quick and realized I have not liked the Bold from day 1. I tried to tweak it, try different browsers, upgrade the OS hoping leaks would change my mind but the new OS has done squat and browsing on the BB a terrible experience for an expensive data plan.

Yea.. This is the phone I want!
    Last edited by zwoof; 02-09-11 at 09:38 AM.
    02-09-11 09:14 AM
    Now I'm ready to go get the iPhone 4. I was gonna jump in last week but figured i'll wait this time and see how it goes. I jumped onto the BB too quick and realized I have not liked the Bold from day 1. I tried to tweak it, try different browsers, upgrade the OS hoping leaks would change my mind but the new OS has done squat and browsing on the iPhone a terrible experience for an expensive data plan.

Yea.. This is the phone I want!
    You're gonna love it! I started with a BB 8310 Curve, then went to a BB Storm. Since I was using my phone as an ipod and everything else besides a phone, the next logical move was the iPhone 4. It's an amazing device.
    02-09-11 09:28 AM
    Have to agree. You will not be disappointed, especially coming from a BB. I had the OG Storm, the OG Droid, and the Droid Incredible. And while the Droid Incredible is a great phone, the iPhone 4 is just so much cleaner looking and fast. It works like it should. Apps, web browsing, and screen is better than anything else out there right now. I was a total android fan girl but now I see why so many people love their iPhones. I definitely love mine.
    02-09-11 09:34 AM
    Good move! I was the biggest blackberry lover ever.

8330,8900,9000,9700,storm2,9700,9800,9780

Now iPhone 4 for the last 2 weeks. Can't believe it took me to long to switch. Bbm was cool, bedSide mode was cool, led for notifications was good. But there are 100 things about the iPhone that make you forget about those things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 11:29 AM
    Good move! I was the biggest blackberry lover ever.

8330,8900,9000,9700,storm2,9700,9800,9780

Now iPhone 4 for the last 2 weeks. Can't believe it took me to long to switch. Bbm was cool, bedSide mode was cool, led for notifications was good. But there are 100 things about the iPhone that make you forget about those things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just for giggles....can you list those 100 things?
    Last edited by jlb21; 02-09-11 at 12:51 PM.
    02-09-11 11:36 AM
    Just for giggles....can you list those 100 things?
    Can he throw in some negatives about BB to compensate?
    02-09-11 12:33 PM
    Of course! But getting to 100 total.......and have them be meaty items.....100 will be tough.
    02-09-11 01:04 PM
    coming from 2 previous blackberries myself, i have to say u will love the iphone. it is a night and day difference, atleast imo. so much faster, so many more apps, u can do endless things on this phone lol.
    02-09-11 01:08 PM
    Of course! But getting to 100 total.......and have them be meaty items.....100 will be tough.
    Well lets see, how about we start with not freezing up and having to do a battery pull almost daily. That's 1.
    02-09-11 01:21 PM
    Well lets see, how about we start with not freezing up and having to do a battery pull almost daily. That's 1.
    And lets not forget the beautiful HTML email right out of the box. That's 2
    02-09-11 01:28 PM
    That's worth at least 10 LOL.
    02-09-11 02:10 PM
    That's worth at least 10 LOL.
    Are you kidding me.. that's 15 right there..
    02-09-11 08:23 PM
    And the bowser on my i4 actually renders web pages.
    02-09-11 08:40 PM
    Like polsbury I came from the Torch. I loved it and was a fanboy for sure. Till one day the unexpected happened. I bought an ipod touch and OMG the things it could do! Found being dependant on wi-fi inhibiting however. AT&T gave me an early upgrade to an iphone 4 so I jumped on it, returned my ipod to Best Buy which paid for my phone. I am BLOWN AWAY by how stable it is and by all it can do like SHOW WEB PAGES nearly instantly! The only thing I miss is the blinkey light for notifications, I think I will get over it.
    02-09-11 08:55 PM
    I had the original iphone in 2007, i thought it was okay. I switched to a blackberry storm in 2008. switched to the iphone 4 earlier this week it's amazing how it has improved, I'm blown away and it usually takes a lot to impress me. The screen is beautiful everything looks good and works. And my calls are crisp clear
    02-09-11 09:55 PM
    I too was a blackberry lover. Went from the 8700 8300,8310,9000,9700,9800 and back to a 9700. The iPhone 4 is a nice phone. In between those blackberries mentioned, I had a 3G and a 3GS. Both of them were returned. Since I purchased the iPhone 4, I've pretty much forgotten about blackberry.

I do miss the led and keyboard at times, but those times are few. I'm still amazed at blackberry owners who call the iPhone a toy; the phone has come Long way in a short amount of time and has already set the standard for which phones are judged.

It's absolutely astonishing on how many of these phones have sold in a few days. Wow!
    02-10-11 01:16 AM
    I'm still amazed at blackberry owners who call the iPhone a toy; the phone has come Long way in a short amount of time and has already set the standard for which phones are judged.
    Yeah usually people who say things like that about this or any media centric device are:

1. Insecure about their device. Not sure why, it's only phone
    2. Haven't really used it. Using your friends doesn't count
    3. Used it but already had their mind made up about it.
    02-10-11 09:37 AM
    I'm still amazed at blackberry owners who call the iPhone a toy; the phone has come Long way in a short amount of time and has already set the standard for which phones are judged.

It's absolutely astonishing on how many of these phones have sold in a few days. Wow!
    I'm an "electronic gadget" nut. I'm amazed at how fast technology advances each day. I'm tempted to buy a lot of electronic gadgets (money permitting)

So I tend to refer to my gadgets as my toys, much like a rich person might refer to his collection of high end autos as his toys. But I know my $700 amazing phone is not a toy. And I refuse to let anyone else play with it
    02-10-11 11:18 AM
    I had the BB Storm (1st Gen) since 2008 and now have the iPhone 4 and there is no comparison. The iPhone is miles ahead.
    02-10-11 03:18 PM
    I'm an "electronic gadget" nut. I'm amazed at how fast technology advances each day. I'm tempted to buy a lot of electronic gadgets (money permitting)

So I tend to refer to my gadgets as my toys, much like a rich person might refer to his collection of high end autos as his toys. But I know my $700 amazing phone is not a toy. And I refuse to let anyone else play with it
    I'm like you. I call my gadgets my toys. But most users do the same thing regardless of the platform.... email, text, chat, browse and apps. They are all toys and some use their toys for business and some don't. But they are all toys.
    02-10-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD