So I have been poking around the 9900/9930 threads so I can keep up on any known or possible issues with the phone (since I sell them it's good to know if I have to offer support to my customers). I have noticed something I find pretty funny.

For months, since I switched to Android/iPhone, the biggest argument people would throw at me on the forum is how BB are superior because of battery life, and how ridiculous it is to have to turn off aspects of the phones functions to conserve battery. "You shouldn't have to turn off things the phone does to conserve battery" they would say.

Now, I am seeing thread after thread about the battery life on the 9900/30 and people are advising to turn off 3G, turn down brightness to 10, turn off Facebook updates, etc, etc, etc. and suddenly it's a reasonable thing to do. So basically, handicapping your phone was unreasonable and made other phones inferior to BB - until BB had to be treated in the same way. Now it's perfectly A-OK.

What's really ironic to me is that I never handicapped any of my Android phones or my iPhone in any way and have no issue at all making it through the day on a charge.

I just find it kind of funny is all.
    howarmat and Cozmik like this.
    08-30-11 07:36 PM
    That is kind of funny. I never had to turn anything off on my iPhone to make it thru the day.
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-30-11 07:47 PM
    And they call us fanboys.

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 08:17 PM
    I seem to remember this same kind of thing happening in the evolution of iPhones (Copy/Paste, MMS, etc)...

BTW, I'm getting better battery life than my old 9650, remember people don't create threads when their phone is working perfect/better than last one.
    08-30-11 08:37 PM
    This is far from the first occurrence on this site, and presumably all fan sites. It's a distorted view of things, more often known on the internet as being a fanboy or fangirl; "the iPhone is a toy for teenagers/hipsters," because it has more/better apps than BlackBerry(and any other platform) - but do BlackBerry users want more apps and games? Without a doubt.
    08-30-11 09:45 PM
    I do exactly this on my ipad so I don't have charge up every day. Even though the battery is big (5100 ma, I think). If I keep brightness up, wifi or 3G on, don't kill unused tasks, the thing eats up the battery.

On my S2, my brightness has been set to 10% since the day I got it, a year and a half ago and easily makes it 1.5 days (about 36+ hours) if I keep the use reasonable. I mainly use it for email and get 100s of emails a day, so I'm on the thing all day long.

My family with 3 iphones do not make it through the day without a charge. So yeah the fanboys or fangirls on all sides have their stories to tell.

About the apps, I have more apps on my S2 than my ipad. There is no doubt the mobile safari on the ipad is way better than os5, but it is far from perfect.

As far as Android, everyone I know that has a Droid, says the battery life stinks.
    Last edited by i7guy; 08-31-11 at 08:38 PM.
    08-31-11 08:35 PM
    YMMV is the phrase of the day

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-31-11 08:57 PM
    Absolutely correct. ^^^^
    08-31-11 10:08 PM
    1) My iPhone 4 (previous ones sucked) has NO problem making it through the day and then some. In my experience its been as good on battery as a good berry.
    2) Android. I find them fun but never met one I could take seriously because of the lack of battery endurance.
    3). Blackberry. Although the op is right about the 9900 batt not being up to par (Blackberry par-- that is).... everyone who's used BB knows that'll be resolved by an upcoming OS update. I remember my 8900--- I got it the day it launched. The battery lasted me till 2pm. I was gonna throw it out the window. A couple of days later I took an update. That 8900 became a solid 1,5 to 2 day phone till the day I gave it to one of my employees.
    No amount of updates are gonna drastically change the batt situation on any android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 05:23 AM
    Look at the front page of the website.........check battery life off the list....all thats left is keyboard, which is a preference and bbm which is dying out.
    09-01-11 06:49 AM
    ^^^^ Not this. And a better o/s. And a better browser. And imo, a better phone. And a keyboard. More customizable, better looking etc.

I don't care if apple sells more, it doesn't make it better as a device.
    09-01-11 08:17 AM
    So I have been poking around the 9900/9930 threads so I can keep up on any known or possible issues with the phone (since I sell them it's good to know if I have to offer support to my customers). I have noticed something I find pretty funny.

For months, since I switched to Android/iPhone, the biggest argument people would throw at me on the forum is how BB are superior because of battery life, and how ridiculous it is to have to turn off aspects of the phones functions to conserve battery. "You shouldn't have to turn off things the phone does to conserve battery" they would say.

Now, I am seeing thread after thread about the battery life on the 9900/30 and people are advising to turn off 3G, turn down brightness to 10, turn off Facebook updates, etc, etc, etc. and suddenly it's a reasonable thing to do. So basically, handicapping your phone was unreasonable and made other phones inferior to BB - until BB had to be treated in the same way. Now it's perfectly A-OK.

What's really ironic to me is that I never handicapped any of my Android phones or my iPhone in any way and have no issue at all making it through the day on a charge.

I just find it kind of funny is all.
    aha
    http://www.tipb.com/?utm_source=topb..._term=sitename
    enjoy your stay over there
    09-01-11 08:23 AM
    Hurricane Irene killed my power from 8/27 till 8/30. I still had 30% left on my iPhone 4 and wasn't able to charge it once that entire time. Yes I didn't use the phone as much (still received all my email, texts, IMs and other notifications) like browse a lot or too much media playback. I was pretty impressed and found it extremely reliable.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-01-11 08:50 AM

Hmmm let's see the OP has an Iphone. Posts in the Iphone/Apple forum and you think he is in the WRONG place. Take your BB having Battery pulling self back to your forum....please
    Webby likes this.
    09-01-11 09:11 AM
    I think your observation is missing the word some.
    09-01-11 09:12 AM
    Hmmm let's see the OP has an Iphone. Posts in the Iphone/Apple forum and you think he is in the WRONG place. Take your BB having Battery pulling self back to your forum....please
    That's a great idea if it works both ways. Hence the word some missing in the op.
    09-01-11 09:16 AM
    well, in all fairness, one good thing about the BB when I had one was that I always had a charged spare battery somewhere close by just in case I needed it. Dont recall ever having to use it. On a funny note....after being without power last weekend for a long time, I ended up going to Radio Shack and getting one of those crank up radio/flashlight hurricane things so I can charge up my Iphone on it if that happens again.....
    09-01-11 09:56 AM
    *looks at your join date then mine*

Excuse me, but who the **** are you to tell me where I am allowed to post? I'm in the iPhone subforum HERE - why are YOU in the iPhone subforum?

I owned multiple berries and was a contributing member of this site helping other BB users before you joined, so you'll forgive me if I ignore you and continue posting where I have been a member prior to you.

09-02-11 02:22 PM

Excuse me, but who the **** are you to tell me where I am allowed to post? I'm in the iPhone subforum HERE - why are YOU in the iPhone subforum?

I owned multiple berries and was a contributing member of this site helping other BB users before you joined, so you'll forgive me if I ignore you and continue posting where I have been a member prior to you.

Lol. Yea just ignore this guy. Take a look at the PB forums. A lot of these new people think they run and have ben here for like 3 months. I've been here for over 3 years and I know that I have no power here, yet these new people think they are in control. It's pretty comical. Just like when the Storm forums were created.

Continue to post where you want. Don't listen to anyone but the mods. If they tell you to stop posting in a certain section, then comply. Until then, the iPhone forum is here and we use iPhones. You have a right to be here.
    reeneebob and Webby like this.
    09-02-11 02:27 PM
    I use both this and the I phone forum. To be honest. Hardly any flames on the other site. Makes you wonder which is really the platform for children. ( not bashing...just saying )

Last edited by gregs87; 09-02-11 at 02:36 PM.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-02-11 02:33 PM

Lol. Yea just ignore this guy. Take a look at the PB forums. A lot of these new people think they run and have ben here for like 3 months. I've been here for over 3 years and I know that I have no power here, yet these new people think they are in control. It's pretty comical. Just like when the Storm forums were created.

Continue to post where you want. Don't listen to anyone but the mods. If they tell you to stop posting in a certain section, then comply. Until then, the iPhone forum is here and we use iPhones. You have a right to be here.
    ahahahahaha
    you guys are too funny

"ey man, im so cool... ive been here since 2008 yo man, uh uh... me = 2008, you = 2010 ! wtf man uh uh, 2008 yo man uh uh, ive got a lot of posts, who do you think you are talking to me? first start wasting your time like i do getting 1 billion posts, then you can talk back to me !!!"

thanks for the laugh, you intelligent super-premium-master-members
    you totally own this forum !!!
    09-02-11 02:36 PM
    Seijunior. Seek help. Quickly.

reeneebob likes this.
    09-02-11 02:48 PM
    What I think is happening is BB owners are doing is digging up something or anything they can find about any iDevice that is negative. Then they come into the iPhone forum and say "TADA look what I found" dump it and leave. BUT, when something is found about a BB and started in their thread there is **** to pay..........and Seijuro chill out we kicked your a** 60 plus years ago get over it........

We attempt to start any convo and God forbid it's about a BB because they come a runnin.....and they call us fanboys......
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-02-11 02:49 PM
    And a side note. The iPhone forum has a place for bb people to post.

09-02-11 03:14 PM
    ahahahahaha
    you guys are too funny

"ey man, im so cool... ive been here since 2008 yo man, uh uh... me = 2008, you = 2010 ! wtf man uh uh, 2008 yo man uh uh, ive got a lot of posts, who do you think you are talking to me? first start wasting your time like i do getting 1 billion posts, then you can talk back to me !!!"

thanks for the laugh, you intelligent super-premium-master-members
    you totally own this forum !!!
    I'll try to comprehend what you said. No one is saying anyone is cooler for having more posts. No one is acting like a "super-premium-master-members". We are laughing at the fact that you are trying to boot people off the site that have been here longer than you.

The fact is we have just as equal a right to post here as you. Stop acting like a ****** and worry about yourself and not who posts in the iPhone section.

We never claimed we owned the forum. In fact, we said you don't, therefor you have no right to tell us what to do. We listen to what the mods say, not incoherent posts and users such as yourself.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-02-11 03:17 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD