I tried to get feedback on this over at the iPhone blog but they were (as usual quite rude and of no help) so I figured I'd try my luck with my friends here at Crackberry. My device is not jailbroken or unlocked. I've tried restoring as well. Quite often any of my apps (with the exception of the native apps) will spontaneously close for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's not a particular app either. Everything does it at somepoint. Does anyone else have this problem?
    01-21-10 08:54 PM
    I've never seen this on my phone at all. Just out of curiosity, when you do a restore, are you just restoring the apps or have you restored the OS first then the apps?
    01-22-10 04:32 AM
    I restored the OS first. I did t even restore the apps from a back up. I just redownloaded them all. Same problem. My girlfriend who has the white 16gig has the same problem as well just not as often as I do
    01-22-10 11:03 AM
    I wonder if one of the apps is causing it. I'm sure you and your girlfriend and some of the same apps. What apps do both of you have on your phones? It could be one of these especially since it's happening to both of you. I haven't experience this except every now and then with one or two apps. Also just make sure the carrier settings are current for your phone a long with the OS version and all the apps are up to date. If you are still having issues, I would take it to an Apple store and show them if you can.
    01-22-10 12:02 PM
    I don't think it's a particular app. If it was, it would probably be download manager but even after deleting that it still happens (although not as frequently). Thanks for the help. I'd actually appreciate it if Apple would throw in some error messages so I know exactly what happens when an app crashes. Maybe in 4.0.
    01-22-10 02:52 PM
    It happens to me too. My phone is JB, but it happened when I first got it too. (new iphone less than a month) Some of the apps will not load up, but when I delete a different app, the other ones start to work again. I'm baffled
    02-06-10 01:35 PM
    I've since went back to blackberry (got a 9700) however when I still had my iPhone I found updating it to 3.1.3 solved the problem. My girlfriend was having the same problem as myself so I updated hers and its much better. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 02:23 PM
    I just had my first crash today lol.... mine was to do low memory while running an app. Mine is jailbroken though, it read low memory and just reset which isnt a big deal.
    02-07-10 10:44 AM
    osugsxr, ill try that. thanks.
    02-07-10 05:15 PM
    Its a known issue with iPhones. There's a few ways to resolve it. You can delete and re-d/l the app that's crashing. The best way and usually only way to keep it from doing it again is to transfer the app from the phone to your computer (transfer purchases) then sync your applications again. That usually takes care of it. The only other way if the other 2 don't resolve it is to restore the phone, set up as new, then get the apps again.
    02-11-10 07:23 PM
    There is a software update on iTunes, not sure if it will fix the issue for the OP but this seemed like a good thread to let CB Nation know about it.
    02-11-10 08:50 PM
    I had the same problem on mine, it got so bad I took it to the Apple store and they just gave me a new phone.
    02-12-10 04:38 AM
    I think its due to low memory when you run an app and just press the home screen. It won't close it completely. I forgot how to close the app completely. Sometimes a power cycle would resolve this issue.
    02-12-10 11:26 AM
    Sometimes my apps do it, but for the most part its kind of rare. I have 50+ apps and im jail broken + multitasking some of them. I would go for deleting the apps and reinstalling or just bring it the apple store.
    02-12-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD