I have been debating whether to get one for ages and have finally decided to go for it but I need a couple of questions answered and am hoping you guys can help. At the moment I have a 8900 and like the way you can alter font type and size etc. Can this be done on a 3gs? With or without jailbreak? Also I will be using the browser a bit during the day and the odd game, will the battery last a day? Also is there a way of hiding files in the same way as you can on 8900? I am buying it outright as my contract is not up yet so don't want to get stuck with a dud!
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 06:51 AM
    Either way you will get 30 days to try it out. I just made the switch from my BB Bold to the 16 3gs and I love it! At first I was ready to return it, missed my BB keypad and the battery went down to 20% the first day. After a few changes: reduce brightness, only use 3G when I need it (2G does a great job), and changed push/fetch to manuel ( mail comes in fast) the battery lasted 4 days this week. Apple says to charge when it gets to 20% and take it off charge when it finishes. Do not over charge! The battery seems to be lasting longer after each charge. No problem here!

I'm not sure of fonts because I haven't needed to make changes with the easy zoom feature.

Unsure at first, super stoked now...even sold my Bold last night.
    Last edited by chockie; 08-29-09 at 07:57 AM.
    08-29-09 07:54 AM
    You would need to jailbreak to change the font.

Also, battery can last a day for me, but it also depends on your usage. If you talk on the phone, then it goes down rather fast.
    08-29-09 12:09 PM
    if you jailbreak get fontswap, you can get a crap load of new fonts through cydia with the right repo's. hiding can be done but again jailbreaking. you can either use sbsettings to hide or just get categories and make a folder you want to put apps you want to hide in.
    08-29-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD