I've had a blackberry for the past 3 years and have been very tempted by the Iphone. I plan on going to a store so I can actually play around with it but had some general questions.

1) What usually happens if something goes wrong with the battery? Its not like the blackberry's where you can just buy a replacement right? Do you need to make sure you purchase some kind of warranty or service plan in case you have a problem with the battery or it just craps out?

2) How do you reset the Iphone in the sense where you can reset the blackberry by removing the battery?

3) is there a speakerphone feature on the iphone?

4) are there any issues with answering calls and talking since it is a touchscreen? My husband had the samsung instinct and had problems multiple times with the calls hanging up when you would take the phone trying to answer it and calls would hangup when you were holding the phone talking.

5) Can you put an SD card in? I like alot of apps anad themes, should the 16GB be sufficient? If it happens to take an SD card, can you run apps and themes from the card because i know this doesn't work on the blackberry.

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback. I'm currently on a family plan but will be moving after the first of the year so will need to get my own plan. I do love my blackberry but have been very intrigued buy the iphone so I'm really trying to weigh all the options so I can decide what route to go when I go onto my own plan.
    12-02-09 12:50 AM
    I've had a blackberry for the past 3 years and have been very tempted by the Iphone. I plan on going to a store so I can actually play around with it but had some general questions.

1) What usually happens if something goes wrong with the battery? Its not like the blackberry's where you can just buy a replacement right? Do you need to make sure you purchase some kind of warranty or service plan in case you have a problem with the battery or it just craps out?

2) How do you reset the Iphone in the sense where you can reset the blackberry by removing the battery?

3) is there a speakerphone feature on the iphone?

4) are there any issues with answering calls and talking since it is a touchscreen? My husband had the samsung instinct and had problems multiple times with the calls hanging up when you would take the phone trying to answer it and calls would hangup when you were holding the phone talking.

5) Can you put an SD card in? I like alot of apps anad themes, should the 16GB be sufficient? If it happens to take an SD card, can you run apps and themes from the card because i know this doesn't work on the blackberry.

Thanks so much everyone for your feedback. I'm currently on a family plan but will be moving after the first of the year so will need to get my own plan. I do love my blackberry but have been very intrigued buy the iphone so I'm really trying to weigh all the options so I can decide what route to go when I go onto my own plan.
    1. The battery in the iphone is not removable. You have to send it into apple if something goes wrong. You have a year warrenty when you buy the phone, and you can also buy the apple protection, its like 60ish bucks.

2. Resetting the iphone if your just looking to close out apps and whatnot you push the button on the top for like 5 seconds or so, it will say "slide to power off" do that it will turn off. Then hold the button down again to turn back on and the apple symbol will come on.

3. yes there is a speakerphone feature. Its alot clearer on the iphone than it was on my bb.

4. I have had no problems with calls. Other members may not agree with that.

5. No you cannot put a SD card in. I have the 16 gig have tons of apps, 600 songs and still have plenty of room. If you think you will go over you could get the 32 gig. Get what you think is best for you.

Good luck in deciding, dont be in a rush figure out what phone will work for you best, and go for it.
    12-02-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD