Hey gang. I'm in the market to purchase an iphone 4 for my father. I have a couple of questions as far as purchasing the phone.

a) I can either buy from Apple or marketplace, both are relatively high. Only upside I see purchasing from MP is I will get it quicker. Since they are basically the same price and 'ease of mind,' should I just purchase from Apple and just wait three weeks?

b) If I do purchase from MP, will Apple make me sign another contract agreement, even though I didn't buy from them.

c) Assuming the phone isn't reported as stolen/lost, will I have any problems switching my father's service from his 3GS to the iphone 4? His current service is through Att and will be through Att.

Thanks all in advance.
    09-20-10 07:10 PM
    If you buy from a reputable member here you should have no problems. Check feedback! I can tell you that he will need to get a micro sim from AT&T for the iphone4. They will give them to you free of charge and activate the current number on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 08:20 PM
    here are my answers for you:

Hey gang. I'm in the market to purchase an iphone 4 for my father. I have a couple of questions as far as purchasing the phone.

a) I can either buy from Apple or marketplace, both are relatively high. Only upside I see purchasing from MP is I will get it quicker. Since they are basically the same price and 'ease of mind,' should I just purchase from Apple and just wait three weeks? - make sure you get the receipt as well fi you're buying from MP. depending on your time.. is this a birthday gift or something? one advantage of buying from APPLE, if there's a problem like a manufacturer's defect, you are within 30 days.. and you'll get a replacement FAST.

b) If I do purchase from MP, will Apple make me sign another contract agreement, even though I didn't buy from them.
    -nope. since you bring your own device/phone.. no upgrade, no nothing..

c) Assuming the phone isn't reported as stolen/lost, will I have any problems switching my father's service from his 3GS to the iphone 4? His current service is through Att and will be through Att.
    make sure the seller completely erase all data/ wipe the phone before handing it to you.. so you will have to re-register the new phone through itunes

Thanks all in advance.
    - no problem
    09-20-10 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD