I currently own a refurbished bold. I'm going to trade it for an iphone (ducks rocks)...will I have any problems doing so? I was told all we have to is trade sims and call att to activate new imei number and we're good to go. The new owner of my bold shouldn't have an issues with phone being reburbished, correct? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 10:20 PM
    No one should be trading sims... Device? Yes. All you will need to do is call AT&T to release the BB off of BIS so the new user can register.
    05-10-09 11:33 PM
    No, not trade actual sims, I mean put sims in new device. But thanks.

05-11-09 07:27 AM
    and make sure you delete your email accounts from your bis. if you do this it will be much less of a hassle for the new owner to set up emails
    05-11-09 07:52 AM
    Yeah, I'm going to do a clean wipe before I give it to them. And just call att right there at the switch to make sure everything goes smoothly.

05-11-09 08:43 AM
    yeah!!!
    i think the first you need wipe your blackberry and that's all. but before you wipe had better you need backup your phone.
    in my experiences just at advance button in backup of BBM you choice address, password keeper, calendar, notes, and SMS that's all
    07-29-09 10:36 AM
    you shouldn't need to call and "Activate the imei" ... with a GSM device, the imei has nothing to do with your service, unless it gets stolen, then they can disable it from recieving AT&T service, just pop the sim in... and it will "Just work"
    07-29-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD