I currently have a bold and was wondering if I bought a 3Gs from ebay do I need to activate it through Itunes to be able to use the phone or can I just swap the sim card from my bold? Also is activating required to use the apple store?

If activating is required for the things listed above will activating automatically swap my plan for a iphone data plan instead of a bb data plan?
    06-22-09 08:44 PM
    I currently have a bold and was wondering if I bought a 3Gs from ebay do I need to activate it through Itunes to be able to use the phone or can I just swap the sim card from my bold? Also is activating required to use the apple store?

If activating is required for the things listed above will activating automatically swap my plan for a iphone data plan instead of a bb data plan?
    Yes you must activate it via itunes and yes I believe it will change the plan to an iphone plan.
    06-22-09 09:15 PM
    No you dont need Itunes to activate it ... and no it wont change the plan to an iphone plan..... That goes for the iphone 3gs not sure about the others.
    06-22-09 10:14 PM
    No you dont need Itunes to activate it ... and no it wont change the plan to an iphone plan..... That goes for the iphone 3gs not sure about the others.
    I am looking in regards to the 3gs so that works. Does it required to be activated through itunes to use the app store?

I have no problems activating it I just dont know if there is any reason I wouldn't want to seeing as I am still keeping my bold.
    06-22-09 10:45 PM
    I am looking in regards to the 3gs so that works. Does it required to be activated through itunes to use the app store?

I have no problems activating it I just dont know if there is any reason I wouldn't want to seeing as I am still keeping my bold.
    and nope no need for itunes at all, you just add your itunes user name and password and call it good
    06-22-09 10:49 PM
    Cool. Thanks for all your help.
    06-22-09 10:50 PM
    Cool. Thanks for all your help.
    No problem . Enjoy !! i have the bold and iphone as well .... sadly my bold sits in a drawer lol
    06-22-09 10:56 PM
    I have similar situation. I was thinking to buy 1 from ebay too. I have cancel my data plan from my bold number, if i bought the 3GS from ebay and activate it, will they change the plan to iphone plan? im kinda want to avoid the data plan fee.
    06-22-09 11:00 PM
    I have similar situation. I was thinking to buy 1 from ebay too. I have cancel my data plan from my bold number, if i bought the 3GS from ebay and activate it, will they change the plan to iphone plan? im kinda want to avoid the data plan fee.
    UMM, i dont think so ..... you have to physically go in there and change the plan
    06-22-09 11:07 PM
    UMM, i dont think so ..... you have to physically go in there and change the plan

Yes AT&T will place you on an iphone plan when they find you are using an iphone. How long will that take? I don't know.
    06-23-09 07:41 AM
    Yes AT&T will place you on an iphone plan when they find you are using an iphone. How long will that take? I don't know.
    Hmm, i well i might be different because im switching between a bold and iphone , but when i put the sim card in i have to go in and physically activate the data plan for bold , from the iphone , dosent cost anything , i just have to go in and do it ...
    06-23-09 04:37 PM
    Hmm, i well i might be different because im switching between a bold and iphone , but when i put the sim card in i have to go in and physically activate the data plan for bold , from the iphone , dosent cost anything , i just have to go in and do it ...
    It's not done right away as it would take the system awhile to detect it however it is done. The quick and best way is to go in and change yourself like you said.
    06-23-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD