Hello all,

I just purchased a jailbroken iPhone, and I have a question regarding syncing the device to my iMac. Would I lose my jailbreak if I attempt to sync to my iMac which has 3.1.3 already installed on it? Is there a way to make sure it doesn't update to 3.1.3? Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 05:25 PM
    I assume you mean the phone is on 3.1.2 but itunes downloaded 3.1.3 but you havent synced yet?

Im pretty sure you can get rid of the 3.1.3 install file, just have to find out where it saved it.
    04-10-10 05:27 PM
    Yes the phone I purchased is on 3.1.2 and is jailbroken. 3.1.3 is loaded on my iTunes as I synced it to my previous iPhone. Any idea where these files would be on a Mac?

04-10-10 05:29 PM
    mmm no i dont use mac but im sure someone here does

try "That iTunes folder is invisible, but instead of having to use the Terminal, you can go to the Finder, select the Go menu, select Go To Folder, and type in the path "~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/" (without quotes) and the folder will open with all of the updates you have downloaded."

Found that online.
    04-10-10 05:38 PM
    If you have Cydia installed on your iPhone, there is a package that will download a file which will make your iPhone appear to be running 3.1.3 even though it's actually not. iTunes will not bother it for upgrades anymore.

04-10-10 07:36 PM
    If you have Cydia installed on your iPhone, there is a package that will download a file which will make your iPhone appear to be running 3.1.3 even though it's actually not. iTunes will not bother it for upgrades anymore.

Great stuff. I will have to check it out. Thank you.

04-10-10 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD