Hello,

I have a JB & unlocked iP4 running 4.1 & 01.59.00

I've installed and un-installed many apps from Cydia and I'm wondering if the un-installed apps keeps any files on my iP4? I'm asking this is because I have found some Cydia apps drain my battery very very quickly, namely SmartScreen.

If un-installed Cydia Apps do leave some files on my iP4 is there a app that can clean it up or should I just perform a restore (I know how to maintain 4.1 & 01.59.00) and re-JB and Unlock again?

Thanks for the help and any leads to any hidden file deletion apps that may be available.
    02-15-11 10:07 AM
    If the install/uninstall of apps is anything like a Mac, once deleted, it's completely off because unlike other OSs, the programs don't require files or setting to be anywhere else for them to work. That's why on Macs, deleting a program directory deletes/uninstalls the program. I would wager iOS is the same, but I haven't personally verified via file tools on a Jailbroken phone. Stock OS, deleting an app deletes everything that belongs to it.
    02-15-11 11:18 AM
    I'm almost positive it doesn't leave footprints per Civic's response. But if you're not
    really noticing the same battery drain once you've un-installed then there's not too
    much to worry about. You can access your iPhone's files on your PC using WinSCP
    (I think that's the program.) Just requires WiFi.
    02-15-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD