Did you guys have to pay for the phone, and then do a down payment. I want the new 3Gs but I am under contract with verizon. I can see paying 299, plus the cancel fee. Plus a 500 deposit... please advise?
    06-09-09 06:31 PM
    Did you guys have to pay for the phone, and then do a down payment. I want the new 3Gs but I am under contract with verizon. I can see paying 299, plus the cancel fee. Plus a 500 deposit... please advise?
    The $500 deposit is for shoddy credit I believe. If you have good credit you shouldn't have to make the deposit.
    06-09-09 06:39 PM
    The $500 deposit is for shoddy credit I believe. If you have good credit you shouldn't have to make the deposit.
    Thats correct. I just switched from Verizon to AT&T back in February, and I didn't have to put a deposit down. But I have known other people who have, and it was in fact because of their credit. If you are really adamant on getting an iPhone, you may have to put it in someone else's name, unless you want to cough up a crap load of money to make the switch.
    06-09-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD