Hi. I just got my 3G instead of the bold due to my carrier not having the bold and it being more money per month.

But I have noticed that I get disconnected from aim or safari if I lock the phone. But mail seems to work and send me my mail every 15 minutes. Is this normal or phone/carrier related?

Otherwise am loving my phone.
    09-09-08 07:38 AM
    Safari shouldn't disconnect you unless you are referring to a web app. It suspends safari.

AIM app, like all 3rd parties do not run in the background. What happens is when you sign back on, you receive your messages. Also there is something in the works called "push notification" which will allow sounds/alerts to get pushed to the phone even though the app isn't active. So just like when you receive a text you see the amount of text messages waiting, the same will be true for AIM, also with the ability to hear the sound that everyone knows to be a message received on AIM.
    09-09-08 08:32 PM
    Exactly why I posted here, Jayden always on the ball.

Thanks for the reply.
    09-10-08 01:45 AM
    No problem. Enjoy.

There is an update coming Friday, but the main things discussed were Bug fixes, Connectivity and Battery Life which mean more to me then push notification and other features at this time.

iPhone 2.1 Firmware Coming on Friday: Bug Fixes, Connectivity and Battery Life - Mac Rumors
    09-10-08 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD