I have a BB Torch and iPhone 4 (and Storm 2 collecting dust). The iPhone 4 is currently on iOS 4.3. Is it worth updating to 5.0.1? I just updated iTunes. It's not jailbroken (never done it), or anything like that. I heard there is problems with the battery and mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 04:02 PM
    Where did you hear anything about the mic? If your iPhone4 battery is fine now update it see instructions here if you have battery issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...4/index33.html

Good luck and welcome we are here to help
    11-19-11 04:13 PM
    Where did you hear anything about the mic? If your iPhone4 battery is fine now update it see instructions here if you have battery issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...4/index33.html

Good luck and welcome we are here to help
    My battery is fine, it lasts very long. I only really idle FB and Twitter on it. I use IM apps on my BB because of the keyboard). My battery only goes down when I play something like Angry Birds, which isn't often. The mic issue I read on another site when researching 5.0.1. Then again, I think they were talking about jailbreaking too, so I'm not surprised if that.

Last edited by thebbnoob; 11-19-11 at 04:30 PM.
    11-19-11 04:26 PM
    Make sure to up date itunes as you said you did and charge the phone up before you start.
    As with any OS update make sure you have a few hours.
    When I up dated my wifes phone it didn't go well. She has a iPhone 4. Didn't have any problems with the battery or mic. I just have to load...and reload...and reload. While that was happening the phone was not charging while connected to the computer (hence the phone charge before you start). 3rd time was a charm, since then she says it's fine.
    11-19-11 04:39 PM
    I just decided to hit the update button, and it's updating now. After all the research I was doing, it just ended up in people refusing to update because their devices are jailbroken. Or people complaining that they can't jailbreak their 5.0/5.0.1 device or it's tethered, or semi tethered. Since I've never done any of this in the first place, I doubt I'm missing out on much.
    11-19-11 06:07 PM
    I updated, and the phone is wiped clean. It's not appearing in iTunes either.

Edit: After restarting both PC and iPhone, it seems to be restoring at the moment.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 11-19-11 at 08:16 PM.
    11-19-11 07:57 PM
    iOS 5 is nice
    11-19-11 09:07 PM
    I'd say go for it! (edit: i see you have) iOS 5 is the reason I went over to the dark side...and bought an iPhone
    I have not had battery life issues with 5.00 or 5.01 on my 4S. I am in a good signal area though, so YMMV

11-20-11 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD