There are a ton of rumors floating around the net about Verizon getting a version of the iPhone. While I think they're nothing more than rumors, it's got me interested.

If Verizon gets an iPhone in their lineup, could it be unlocked and work on Sprints network? They are both CMDA carriers, so I assume it would be a possibility.

Anyone know the answer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 02:05 PM
    There are a ton of rumors floating around the net about Verizon getting a version of the iPhone. While I think they're nothing more than rumors, it's got me interested.

If Verizon gets an iPhone in their lineup, could it be unlocked and work on Sprints network? They are both CMDA carriers, so I assume it would be a possibility.

Anyone know the answer?

Can any phone currently on VZW be unlocked and used for Sprint? There's your answer.
    05-18-09 02:10 PM
    Can any phone currently on VZW be unlocked and used for Sprint? There's your answer.
    I don't know the answer to your questions, so let's stop playing this game, and give me a yes or no answer? Thanks

05-18-09 02:22 PM
    I don't know the answer to your questions, so let's stop playing this game, and give me a yes or no answer? Thanks

Ummm ok. Well CDMA phones can't be unlocked now to use on another CMDA carrier. I.e. you cannot unlock a Sprint or VZW phone to use on the other network currently, which means the chances of it being done just because of an iPhone isn't likely. Where have you been? LOL.
    05-18-09 02:33 PM
    You can't unlock CDMA because they aren't locked down to begin with.. ESN's function a tad differently than a SIM card's ICCID.

Verizon and Sprint both buy chunks of ESN's that are stored in their database. Only those ESN's can be activated on their towers.

however, that doesn't mean that a Sprint ESN wont operate on Verizon and vice versa.. you just have to have a data tech with access do it.

Will they do it if you call in? no.. will they do it if you have a national account? no.. will they do it if you're best friends with the data tech? probably.. lol.
    05-18-09 04:24 PM
    If Verizon does start selling the Iphone or a version of it, they will dominate as a carrier in my opinion...
    05-18-09 04:27 PM
    Time to make friends with a tech!

05-18-09 04:29 PM
    If Verizon does start selling the Iphone or a version of it, they will dominate as a carrier in my opinion...
    +10 Although I'm not really a fan, I completely agree!
    05-18-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD