Im getting the I-phone 3gs tomorrow and leaving sprint going to att

IF the new I-phone 4g comes out wether it be in 3 months, 6 months or a year, they would let you switch right? Just like they did with the original I-phone
    02-18-10 10:24 PM
    Im getting the I-phone 3gs tomorrow and leaving sprint going to att

IF the new I-phone 4g comes out wether it be in 3 months, 6 months or a year, they would let you switch right? Just like they did with the original I-phone
    Do you mean switch as in cost free, because no youll have to pay full price if im not mistaken, maybe you can try and woo a rep, but not likely.
    02-18-10 10:28 PM
    I recall people upgrading the the "newest" iphone and not paying full price
    02-18-10 10:30 PM
    I believe its all about timing though, like if you've been with ATT for a certain amount of time you qualify, I'm probably wrong.
    02-18-10 10:34 PM
    I think you can upgrade after being with AT&T for six months. I switched back in december and my account says i can upgrade in like july i think
    02-19-10 07:45 AM
    yea something like that you need some senority with the company though before they allow you to switch up devices at a discounted price.
    02-19-10 09:16 AM
    I think you can upgrade after being with AT&T for six months. I switched back in december and my account says i can upgrade in like july i think
    Upgrades come every 20 months... unless you woo someone, I switched back in Dec myself and it says I can upgrade at discounted price in Aug of 2011...

You can always add a line, swap sims, shut new line off and pay the ETF and save yourself some serious cash... and sell the old phone to cover the etf fees and part of the new phone
    02-19-10 10:46 AM
    Please remember though-

The original iPhone was not subsidized.

People paid FULL price, and STILL signed a 2 year contract.

So take that into account when you say:

I recall people upgrading the the "newest" iphone and not paying full price
    02-19-10 11:26 AM
    6 months in to your contract, you are eligible for an 'early upgrade'. For all phones except the iPhone, a $75 fee is added to the price of the phones contract price.

For the iPhone I think it's $100 extra. Ie. Normally the 32gb 3GS is $299 but with early upgrade it's $399, 16gb would be $299 instead of $199. It's either $100 or $200 extra I can't remember for sure right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 12:29 PM
    I don't think it's likely that people will be able to do that this time. They let people do it with the original iPhone and 3G because the original iPhone sold at an unsubbed price straight out the gate and then they came out with the 3G selling it for 200 for a new contract. So back then, people who bought original iPhone within a certain time period were able to upgrade at the subbed price. I highly doubt they will do that this time since everything is now selling at a subsidized price. I would say either wait and if you cannot wait, keep your 3GS in pristine condition. Selling it unlocked will bring in enough money to basically buy the new one at a discounted price anyway. It's what I did with the 3G and 3GS. I have never used an upgrade on an iPhone but my out of pocket costs to upgrade never came to more that 200 bucks.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-19-10 at 03:02 PM.
    02-19-10 03:00 PM
    You should just wait until July. The fourth gen iPhone will be worth it!
    02-21-10 03:20 PM
    Even if it's not, the 3GS will go down in price too.
    02-21-10 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD