Guys/Gals,

I'm a BB user on T-Mobile but have long contemplated jumping to AT&T for the iPhone. I think the fourth generation might just bring me over!

Here's my question....I've done research but am still not 100% of the answer so am hoping you all can help

As I'm used to true PUSH with my Gmail account on my BB, to ensure I have the same on an iPhone, must a Gmail account specifically be set up through exchange for this as opposed to through the Gmail option on the phone?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!
    04-20-10 08:15 PM
    Yes it does and as of right now the iphone only supports 1 exchange account.
    04-20-10 08:31 PM
    Yes it does and as of right now the iphone only supports 1 exchange account.
    So it HAS to be set up through exchange for PUSH? If it's set up through the Gmail option would I just get POLL?

At least OS 4 will offer multiple exchange account support so that helps!
    04-20-10 08:41 PM
    kcmo - if you use GMail, it will check every 15 minutes or so. Using Exchange it's virtually instant...
    04-21-10 06:46 AM
    kcmo - if you use GMail, it will check every 15 minutes or so. Using Exchange it's virtually instant...
    Thanks for clarifying!!!
    04-21-10 07:55 AM
    Gmail just added exchange capability, prior to this all you had was fetch. If you go to your gmail account it will tell you how to set it up using their exchange server.
    04-21-10 08:59 AM
    Gmail just added exchange capability, prior to this all you had was fetch. If you go to your gmail account it will tell you how to set it up using their exchange server.
    OK, I checked 'settings' on my gmail account but don't see anything related to exchange. I'll keep searching.....I don't even have an iPhone yet! LOL!
    04-21-10 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD