I just purchased the push for gmail app, I'm wondering if I should disable the settings for the native first. Right now I have it on fetch every 15 minutes, but since its my work account, I wanted to try something that pushes faster.

Do I leave it as is in the mail settings? Or will I get like the same message notifications 2x?
    03-09-10 10:01 AM
    Why not use your Gmail account via MS Active sync?
    03-09-10 10:14 AM
    Iphone noobie here, don't know what that is- another app? the Push for gmail works really well thus far, I just tested it very fast.
    03-09-10 10:16 AM
    03-09-10 10:42 AM
    I just purchased the push for gmail app, I'm wondering if I should disable the settings for the native first. Right now I have it on fetch every 15 minutes, but since its my work account, I wanted to try something that pushes faster.

Do I leave it as is in the mail settings? Or will I get like the same message notifications 2x?
    I would delete the native gmail for your iphone and just run the "Push For Gmail" app. Go into settings > mail, contacts, calenders and delete your gmail account from there and just run the Push For Gmail app you purchased. I love it and it works faster than any other gmail push service I have ever used. Plus its on sale for 99 cents right now! woohoo! It doesnt matter what the native fetch is set for "Push For Gmail" is an independent app and will push your e-mail regardless of native e-mail settings. Glad you like it

Edit: oh and yes it will send a copy of every e-mail to each gmail account on your iphone, the native gmail and Push for Gmail app. Like I said just delete the native e-mail account and run your gmail account through the Push For Gmail app. Hope that helped.
    Last edited by harrison0550; 03-09-10 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added to
    03-09-10 10:52 AM
    Harrison, yes very helpful! going to configure it like that now, I did notice after it (finally) pushed to the native gmail, I would be just checking the same message 2x. and yes awesome price!
    03-09-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD