I'm not getting push emails to my yahoo account on my iPhone 4s. If I go in and manually check that's when I'll get them. I checked my settings I have push enabled but it's hasn't worked properly since I've had it. I did a soft reboot a few days ago and when I did that my emails came up. If I can't get push to work that's fine, will fetch every 15 min at least work rather than having to manually check? Thanks
    10-27-11 10:36 AM
    Yahoo push has always been hit or miss. Just the way it works.
    10-27-11 10:46 AM
    I see. Well than if I do fetch that will at least guarantee me to receive emails every 15 min if I do have new ones correct? And it isn't a big hit on battery is it? I'd assume it be less since its not push?
    10-27-11 10:51 AM
    I see. Well than if I do fetch that will at least guarantee me to receive emails every 15 min if I do have new ones correct? And it isn't a big hit on battery is it? I'd assume it be less since its not push?
    fetch uses more battery. try to fetch less frequently
    10-27-11 11:00 AM
    Ok I'll just set it for hourly and see how that works on battery
    10-27-11 11:08 AM
    Ok I'll just set it for hourly and see how that works on battery
    30min-1hr should be good. unless u really really depend on emails. set to 15 mins. coming from a blackberry 9930...im finding it good for me so far...
    10-27-11 11:09 AM
    yahoo recently changed their policy on push email. If you have a free account it doesnt push so your forced to pull the mail at whatever intervals you set. Now if you have a paid Yahoo Plus account it will push to the device.
    10-27-11 11:11 AM
    yahoo recently changed their policy on push email. If you have a free account it doesnt push so your forced to pull the mail at whatever intervals you set. Now if you have a paid Yahoo Plus account it will push to the device.
    Part of the reason why I stopped using them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-27-11 01:57 PM
    Oh no!!! We have a "core switch failure"!!!!!

Oh wait that was the other folks.......

Sorry

10-27-11 02:32 PM
    ...for yesterday and today PUSH on Yahoo and iCloud has been very poor. The only consistent one has been GMail.
    10-27-11 06:20 PM
    After adding a Gmail account..push still wasn't working, after research I found that completely deleting your email account than doing a soft reset than adding the account back in helps. So far all my yahoo emails have been working under push. It's been the first time it actually worked since I got the phone since the 14th, hopefully it stays.
    10-27-11 07:53 PM
    I never had good luck with yahoo. even on my 9550. i dont even know why i added it to my iphone. gmail and aol seem to work just fine as i have my settings to check every 15 min, even on my work mail seems to be fine.
    10-27-11 08:10 PM
    I find that once in a while my Yahoo push seems to stop working, but in general I have good performance with it. Generally, if/when this happens, a soft reboot of my iphone cures it every time.
    10-28-11 09:32 AM
    After adding a Gmail account..push still wasn't working, after research I found that completely deleting your email account than doing a soft reset than adding the account back in helps. So far all my yahoo emails have been working under push. It's been the first time it actually worked since I got the phone since the 14th, hopefully it stays.
    In order to setup Gmail to PUSH you need to set it up as an Exchange account. And THAT
    works absolutely great for me and have had maybe one issue with it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...I8PVmFaHVyXVkA
    10-28-11 03:13 PM
    In order to setup Gmail to PUSH you need to set it up as an Exchange account. And THAT
    works absolutely great for me and have had maybe one issue with it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...I8PVmFaHVyXVkA
    +1 on the Exchange setting. I have mine that way, works beautifully and without delay. Email sometimes shows on the iPhone before the Gmail web interface
    10-29-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD