I have been lusting after a white iPhone forever, but today, after the announcement that the notifications are being fixed, I had the chance to get one when my husband hardware upgraded. So, we both left Android (after leaving BB before that) and he is using a black iP4 and I have it in white

LOVE.

It's freaking beautiful

I am so thrilled to finally have it - I loved my SGS but it was time for a change, and I was sick of flashing.
    06-09-11 08:21 PM
    Congrats! I'm sure you I'll grow to appreciate the iPhone more and more each day. I love my iPhone 4. It's a great phone. I
    06-09-11 08:29 PM
    congrats! you'll never go back!

i had 4 BBs and 2 androids and I kept coming back to iphone! can't wait for iOS5!
    06-10-11 04:18 PM
    congrats! you'll never go back!

i had 4 BBs and 2 androids and I kept coming back to iphone! can't wait for iOS5!

lol you sound like me... i was a blackberry fanatic then on a whim went to android and it was cool for the 1st month or so then it was more of a hassle then anything and now im on a iPhone 4 with verizon and its leaps and bounds better then any phone i have ever used.
    06-10-11 08:34 PM
    Enjoy your new phone! You will never go back.
    06-10-11 09:25 PM
    You might end up with another Android device but I highly doubt you will bother with BlackBerry again unless RIM makes some serious improvements. Enjoy!
    06-11-11 12:01 AM
    I could see one day having another Android, I did like a lot of it (I miss the widgets and live wallpaper), but this phone is gorgeous. It truly is.

Steve Jobs gets a lot of **** for stuff, but his design aesthetic is dead on.
    06-11-11 12:41 PM
    I just received mine today,...Been through three Android phones and one Blackberry. I really don't miss anything from BB besides BBM and the physical keyboard. I miss a couple things from Android like a "menu button" but overall this experience is a lot smoother. However, I need some time to see if I really like iOS over Android. I bought a 9650 and at first I thought BB had everything I needed, but that dream came to a halt really, really fast.
    06-11-11 03:40 PM
    lol you sound like me... i was a blackberry fanatic then on a whim went to android and it was cool for the 1st month or so then it was more of a hassle then anything and now im on a iPhone 4 with verizon and its leaps and bounds better then any phone i have ever used.
    that's pretty much what i did. i had ATT but was sick of expensive phone bills so i went back to TMO. I got a G2X and it was great, but it was no iphone. So I bit the bullet and went to VZW and i LOVE my unlimited data.

Can't wait for the new one to come out! I'll prolly end up buying it even thought my 4 is perfectly fine
    06-11-11 03:46 PM
    The only reason I DIDN'T get an iPhone when I renewed the contract last year was because the white one wasn't out. I did live my SGS - I do miss the larger screen and the colours...but with flashing and kernals and monitoring RAM...it was like a job. I was ready for something that just worked. With the new notifications coming, and my husband renewing and getting an iPhone, it was the perfect time for me to join him. We both left Android this week, he had the Desire Z.
    06-11-11 04:10 PM
    lol... i could have sworn you were thinking about getting one like a year ago. congrats on your new device.

edit: nvm... read your last post. ha
    06-11-11 04:21 PM
    Congrats! Once imessage goes public you won't miss your blackberry at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 07:36 PM
    Oh, I've been off BB for over a year and a half, except for 4 days of pure **** while I waited for a warranty replacement on my SGS. Those 4 days of hourglasses, battery pulls, and memory leaks killed me.

I don't miss BB. Not one bit. I just have to be able to tech support my mom's Torch and my sister's Bold so I stay up to date here.
    06-11-11 07:59 PM
    Congrats, RB! Enjoy your new device. I love when I see folks that are open enough to try new platforms.

I am watching iOS closely. I doubt that I switch for the current iteration, but I am interested in seeing how they leverage cloud computing.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 06-11-11 at 08:14 PM.
    06-11-11 08:10 PM
    Best device made at this time-congrats.
    06-11-11 09:46 PM
    I could see one day having another Android, I did like a lot of it (I miss the widgets and live wallpaper), but this phone is gorgeous. It truly is.

Steve Jobs gets a lot of **** for stuff, but his design aesthetic is dead on.
    that's the only argument i've ever heard for android vs. apple is "well android actually works and apple is just pretty"

i think that argument as valid back when the 2G came out. It didn't send pic messages, the apps weren't developed yet, etc

but now? the only thing i can't readily do on my iphone that i could on my android is tether. but honestly i only used it maybe twice in my life so i really don't care. i know it's possible with the iphone. that's all i need
    06-12-11 01:56 PM
    I took a brief stint with Android too and I agree I could see owning another one someday too.

But the OS just feels SO pieced together like nothing is consistent anywhere on it and was just not all that fluid. 99.9% of the apps are also of much much poorer quality than iOS (as well as some just don't exist for Android).

I also didn't like managing the memory and being paranoid about apps running in the background killing the battery.

It's a good platform yes, but needs a few more years of OS maturing. Honeycomb looks more like a uniform OS than any other Android version out on smartphones. There are still a lot of big issues in their ecosystem such as upgraded hardware coming out weekly and far behind OS updates. Gingerbread still isnt on most devices and the OS was released last year! Google is already about set to release their next OS version and 2.3 Gingerbread is on very few devices right now, even ones released in the last month or 2 which makes no sense at all.

I also just found the vast amount of hardware released overwhelming and frustrating. By the time you chose a device is was obsolete within 30 days if you wanted the best out.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-12-11 at 03:06 PM.
    06-12-11 02:59 PM
    yeah that's actually one of the things that led me back to iphone. I hated that after a day out if i wanted my phone to last all night through dinner i'd have to charge it in my car on the way there. ugh.

my iphone is going on day 3 of one charge.

i agree that android needs a few more years to learn to walk without hitting walls, so to speak. it's a great OS. i just couldn't handle having it die on me for any small reason. plus my company wouldn't let me get my company email on my android cause they couldn't promise the OS was secure. eesh.
    06-12-11 04:24 PM
    I'm going to be selling my SGS, and I had it with a custom ROM/kernel. While I took off the ROM/kernel so whomever buys it can choose what they want, I didn't roll it back to Bell stock because it's still Eclair. I did, however, throw on the latest official Samsung release of Gingerbread. I thought it would be a good selling point. It's rooted, so it's ready to go for whomever wants to put on a ROM, but since NA has yet to get a GB release on the SGS, having a stock GB Rom on it should add to the resale. It helps that I baby that phone, it has no scratches and I am including 2 extra batteries, 3 skins and 3 colour backplates...

Also, because it's the Bell variant, it has front facing camera. I didn't use it, but I know it's not on all the models in North America so that's working in its favour as well.

I really was happy with the phone, and truth be told with Gingerbread the memory was handled a lot better than with Eclair, but there is enough fragmentation that it's nice to be back on a handset that simply works. I'm not even tempted to jailbreak.
    06-12-11 07:10 PM
    Oh, I've been off BB for over a year and a half, except for 4 days of pure **** while I waited for a warranty replacement on my SGS. Those 4 days of hourglasses, battery pulls, and memory leaks killed me.

I don't miss BB. Not one bit. I just have to be able to tech support my mom's Torch and my sister's Bold so I stay up to date here.
    Lol, you can't make it trough 4 days without hourglass and reboot and you're gonna be tech support for your mum's Torch?

Maybe you should start with this:
    Delete browser/facebook/twitter/maps/google maps cache/hystory every once in a while, delete call logs(every single call is logged not just the last one), delete attachement data(I bet nobody ever deletes thisand guess where it's stored), last two you have to connect to DM.
    A blackberry doesn't do this automatically, you have control over it so you have to do it. I don't know how android or iphone does it but every webpage you visited on BB it's made available offline, so you can imagine it's gonna ad up to quite a bit.

How many of the above steps did you ever take?

06-13-11 03:33 AM
    I bought a 9650 and at first I thought BB had everything I needed, but that dream came to a halt really, really fast.
    I am at this point. I love my BB but as a Mac user, I am leaning more and more towards the iPhone. I would like a smooth eco-system. Plus, imessage....
    06-13-11 12:16 PM
    Lol, you can't make it trough 4 days without hourglass and reboot and you're gonna be tech support for your mum's Torch?

Delete browser/facebook/twitter/maps/google maps cache/hystory every once in a while, delete call logs(every single call is logged not just the last one), delete attachement data(I bet nobody ever deletes thisand guess where it's stored), last two you have to connect to DM.
    A blackberry doesn't do this automatically, you have control over it so you have to do it. I don't know how android or iphone does it but every webpage you visited on BB it's made available offline, so you can imagine it's gonna ad up to quite a bit.

All of them, you arrogant ****. However, it was a 8330 - so going back to a stone age device like that from the SGS was torture. I had long ago put you on ignore but just had to see what helpful commentary you had. More of the same Rah rah BB nonsense. Back to ignore.
    06-13-11 12:42 PM

why should you have to go thru this **** to make a device useable though? its stupid
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-13-11 at 12:47 PM.
    reeneebob, GolfnCPA and HeezyBear like this.
    06-13-11 12:45 PM
    we should you have to go thru this **** to make a device useable though? its stupid
    Why? Because BelfastDispatcher says so, and he is the end all/be all of CB.com.

Didn't you get the memo?
    06-13-11 12:46 PM
    Why? Because BelfastDispatcher says so, and he is the end all/be all of CB.com.

Didn't you get the memo?
    lol, i got that memo, but was told to disregard and know there are better solutions to BB problems
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-13-11 01:06 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD