ok, so i preordered the iphone 3Gs, making the switch. now i read all about porting numbers, but lets say that im satisfied wit the phone, but not att service and want to go back to verizon, how? what will i need to do to go back to verizon and port my number back to my storm? what will happen to my iphone that i spent 299 on?
    06-09-09 05:24 PM
    ok, so i preordered the iphone 3Gs, making the switch. now i read all about porting numbers, but lets say that im satisfied wit the phone, but not att service and want to go back to verizon, how? what will i need to do to go back to verizon and port my number back to my storm? what will happen to my iphone that i spent 299 on?
    1st question - To go back to VZW, you can call them or go into a corp store and port the number back to your Storm. 2nd Question - If you don't return the iPhone within the 30 days after activating the phone on your account, you will have to pay an ETF. If you return the iPhone and cancel the account within the 30 days you will get a refund (phone must to place of purchase, Apple or AT&T).
    06-09-09 05:39 PM
    And just to clarify mpafr012's answer to question number one... Be sure, to not cancel service with the other first... ie. When your iPhone comes ask AT&T to port the number from Verizon, which will take care of the account closure for you with them. If you decide the iPhone isn't for you, tell Verizon first that you're coming back and ask them to port the number for you and then let AT&T know the scoop.
    06-09-09 06:43 PM
    I was still under verizon when i decided to try out the iphone. I didn't want to completely commit incase i wanted out so the rep told me i could get a temporary number. when i decided to stay i simply called at&t and told them i had a temporary and was ready to port my original number and all was taken care of.
    06-09-09 06:52 PM
    Well.. use spawn's method. This is called a teleconversion.

If you port over, normally it's not allowed for you to port right back. You would have to speak to porting for those inquiries with both companies.

If you do it with spawn's method, you can just return the device and number.
    06-09-09 07:37 PM
    And just to clarify mpafr012's answer to question number one... Be sure, to not cancel service with the other first... ie. When your iPhone comes ask AT&T to port the number from Verizon, which will take care of the account closure for you with them. If you decide the iPhone isn't for you, tell Verizon first that you're coming back and ask them to port the number for you and then let AT&T know the scoop.
    I was still under verizon when i decided to try out the iphone. I didn't want to completely commit incase i wanted out so the rep told me i could get a temporary number. when i decided to stay i simply called at&t and told them i had a temporary and was ready to port my original number and all was taken care of.
    Well.. use spawn's method. This is called a teleconversion.

If you port over, normally it's not allowed for you to port right back. You would have to speak to porting for those inquiries with both companies.

If you do it with spawn's method, you can just return the device and number.
    Learn something new every day...
    06-09-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD