Is there a version of poynt for iphone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:36 PM
    Good question.
    I have it on my BB and its awesome.
    Would like to install it on my iPod touch as well but I haven't been able to find it yet.
    01-07-10 07:44 PM
    Not that I know of, but then again you really do not need it with all the other apps just like it on itunes app store. Why do you want that app anyway? Just curious.
    01-07-10 07:45 PM
    Is there a version of poynt for iphone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Poynt coming to the iPhone by end of January
    01-08-10 12:46 PM
    looks sweet
    01-11-10 02:23 PM

Awsome!

/ch
    01-11-10 08:40 PM
    woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just made my day
    01-12-10 12:40 AM
    i really missed this app when i came to iphone. i really was surprised that it wasnt already on the platform! somone update this if you see it on the app store!
    01-12-10 10:26 PM
    Not that I know of, but then again you really do not need it with all the other apps just like it on itunes app store. Why do you want that app anyway? Just curious.
    I have to agree with this. Yes, more options is nice, but there are better apps out there even though it may take more then 1, to do much more then poynt does. I never found it to be the best LBS search app on BB even.

For businesses search, why not just use Google Maps built in? Since once you search it on poynt it goes to google maps, why use another app to do the search which Google Maps can already do?

For restaurants/bars/gas/businesses/etc, i find Yelp to be extremely good and it gives you a ton more info like reviews, store hours, etc. Also the GasBuddy app is very good to find cheap gass. Both free apps.

I dont see the big hoorah over Poynt other than just another option really. I suggest trying the other apps out there and not pigeonhole yourself into one app your used to just because.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-12-10 at 10:36 PM.
    01-12-10 10:29 PM
    I have to agree with this. Yes, more options is nice, but there are better apps out there even though it may take more then 1, to do much more then poynt does. I never found it to be the best LBS search app on BB even.

For businesses search, why not just use Google Maps built in? Since once you search it on poynt it goes to google maps, why use another app to do the search which Google Maps can already do?

For restaurants/bars/gas/businesses/etc, i find Yelp to be extremely good and it gives you a ton more info like reviews, store hours, etc. Also the GasBuddy app is very good to find cheap gass. Both free apps.

I dont see the big hoorah over Poynt other than just another option really. I suggest trying the other apps out there and not pigeonhole yourself into one app your used to just because.
    i get your point, but why not just use one app instead of three or four? the app worked really well on blackberry, and i'm hoping that it gets even better functionality on the iphone.
    01-12-10 10:37 PM
    sometimes using more than 1 app does the job better. I never found the poynt app to be very "complete" and can get more useful info using a few apps.

For me usually google maps does the heavy lifting for searches, and Yelp is good when you want a restaurant/bar with reviews and hours open (who wants to choose a restaurant without reading about it first or knowing if theyre open for that late dinner?) and also gas stations/prices, entertainment, etc.

I basically use those 2 apps which give a lot more relevant info.
    01-12-10 10:41 PM
    I have Poynt for my 8310 but I found an app on my wife's 3GS called Aroundme that I think is much better than Poynt. You might want to give it a try but I like it better than Poynt.
    01-12-10 10:51 PM

I like Poynt for the speed and the convenience. I like that poynt also gives you weather based on your location (GPS). All in a neat package.
    01-15-10 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD