My husband and I have had maybe 6 Blackberries and we use the "Group" calendar feature. That way when he puts in an appointment it jingles my phone and like magic the entry appears on my calendar. We have 3 kids and a VERY busy schedule and I'm not sure how we'd live without this and BBM.

We have pretty much decided to switch to the new iPhone 4S. Basically, so many of the apps we need are not offered on BB and we need the functionality that comes with some of of them.

So, my question is now that ios5 is offering imessage I think we've got the BBM thing pretty much solved but what is the best way to make sure our calendars can be seamlessly synced the way Blackberry does? We both use Gmail for our email so would it be as simple sharing a single Gmail calendar? Would that mess up our individual email on the iPhones? Also, I don't care if I have to pay for it--so can I subscribe to Mobileme or whatever?

They also didn't address how ios5 will affect multiple users--i.e. husband and wife with "The Cloud". Will all our stuff be shared and co-mingled? Sorry to ask so many questions--just very new to iPhones.
    10-05-11 10:29 AM
    Ahhh you use gmail. Here is what my wife and I do. We both setup our gmail accounts as exchange on our iPhones. When I make an appointment in my calendar I invite my wife she gets the appt and it populates her calendar and vice versa.

With iCloud you will be able to but you will have to use the same account.

Like a generic family login for iCould that you both use.

Each iPhone user will get an iCloud account. In order to share the info you each would have to login to the same account.

By using the gmail/exchange system your calendars will stay separate but yet you can invite each other to appointments.
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 10-05-11 at 11:03 AM.
    10-05-11 11:00 AM
    Not horrible. But, the person would have to take action to add the appointment to their calendar. You'd think this would come up alot with businesses and stuff having a shared calendar for scheduling purposes.

Not sure on iCloud. With me, the hubby AND the teenager all sharing the same "Cloud"--that's going to be interesting.

Thanks for your insight.
    10-05-11 03:05 PM
    Actually the appt invite is breeze. You open the calendar create the appt click the invite button add the invitee done
    10-05-11 03:06 PM
    Set up your iCloud account and share calendars. When one of you adds it to one device, the other will automatically update with it. Me and the missus have been doing this with Mobile Me since we got our iPhones.
    10-05-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD