Here's mine this morning.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    Wow nice. Looks like what battery woes?!?!?!? LOL

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 05:28 AM
    This is where I ended up yesterday evening after charging from Sunday night 630pm. I'm pretty happy with this

11-15-11 05:29 AM
    This is where I ended up yesterday evening after charging from Sunday night 630pm. I'm pretty happy with this

Click to view quoted image
    Awesome. In happy overall. I use this phone more than I did any blackberry and having a big screen is awesome. I'm still getting better battery life than I ever did on the 9930.

11-15-11 05:32 AM
    One thing I noticed yesterday and forgot to mention here. Last night my battery was at 50%. I deleted and reinstalls both of emails because I notices my gmail wasn't coming in on time while on push. So I deleted and rebooted phone. Once it came on battery was 57%. Weird I tell you...that battery percentage is a liar! LOL

11-15-11 05:39 AM
    Morning all -

11-15-11 06:17 AM
    Those are some awesome stats. What are u doing or what set up u have? Noticed your usage is low...you carry a 2nd device?

11-15-11 06:20 AM
    I have an iPad 2, but, I leave that at home.

During the day on my iPhone, I typically use Email, Facebook, Twitter, WordWithFriends, iMessage, Text, Safari and TapaTalk; in no particular order

I don't watch movies, and stream radio and the likes from my iPhone.

Those are some awesome stats. What are u doing or what set up u have? Noticed your usage is low...you carry a 2nd device?

11-15-11 06:49 AM
    I assume I have the battery bug but it's not horrible. I did a full refresh of the phone since the update and saw some improvement. Yesterday, I got about 18 hours standby, 5 hours usage, and went to bed with 1% left.

Here is what I have running
    Location services Off
    Wifi On - not looking to connect, only connects to known networks (work, home)
    Bluetooth Off
    Notifications - minimal, email, calendar, calls are home screen, the rest are banners or off
    iCloud Off
    Email - Two push accounts, work and gmail

I think that is all the battery draining things that are on or off. I am impressed with some of the stats that users are getting around here, hopefully Apple can fix this once and for all. I can get through a full day without a charge and I guess that is all I need at this point.
    11-15-11 10:35 AM
    Mikos as long as you didn't restore form an old backup. Also reset your network settings.
    11-15-11 10:51 AM
    Mikos as long as you didn't restore form an old backup. Also reset your network settings.
    now i have a technical question in regards to this. So here goes:
    Sally has a 4S, and her battery life was bad on 5.0.1, so she backed all info up via iCloud, restored as new, and restored her iCloud back up. Now she gets great battery life. YaY for Sally !!

Sally decides to use iTunes to back up her device all the time now instead of iCloud. One day she needs to do a restore as new for what ever reason. Now because she did a restore previously and got rid of the "battery eating bug" and now has back ups on iTunes from the "good battery" then from here on in she can technically use her iTunes to do a restore from a previous "good battery" back up now correct?

Accidental, i believe this is similar to what was covered in that article you posted yesterday with the two devices. So then the answer to my question here, would be Yes, that Sally can now use a back up from the "good battery" back up in iTunes and she will see no future issues. correct?
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-15-11 at 11:48 AM.
    11-15-11 11:46 AM
    now i have a technical question in regards to this. So here goes:
    Sally has a 4S, and her battery life was bad on 5.0.1, so she backed all info up via iCloud, restored as new, and restored her iCloud back up. Now she gets great battery life. YaY for Sally !!

Sally decides to use iTunes to back up her device all the time now instead of iCloud. One day she needs to do a restore as new for what ever reason. Now because she did a restore previously and got rid of the "battery eating bug" and now has back ups on iTunes from the "good battery" then from here on in she can technically use her iTunes to do a restore from a previous "good battery" back up now correct?

Accidental, i believe this is similar to what was covered in that article you posted yesterday with the two devices. So then the answer to my question here, would be Yes, that Sally can now use a back up from the "good battery" back up in iTunes and she will see no future issues. correct?
    this makes sense...though keep in mind Apple will eventually find fix and release update (OS) verison w/o the battery buy and we shall never worry about this again..
    11-15-11 12:32 PM
    this makes sense...though keep in mind Apple will eventually find fix and release update (OS) verison w/o the battery bug and we shall never worry about this again..
    i thought it made sense also. My mind gets too technical on me sometimes and the curiosity on exactly HOW things function is a must know with me, lol. Sometimes myself getting too technical blocks my common sense side of things lol.

As for Apple and an iOS fix, the rep i spoke with on Sunday did mention that Apple is well aware of the fact that many users still have issues with this bug and they are working on figuring it out. So that was nice to know as well

I know it seems we are all just, hmmmm.... "obsessed"(?) with this right now even though most of us here are seeing good battery life now, there are still the few unfortunate ones that a restore as new just didn't do the trick for them. So i think this will be a topic spoken about for a while.
    11-15-11 12:43 PM
    i thought it made sense also. My mind gets too technical on me sometimes and the curiosity on exactly HOW things function is a must know with me, lol. Sometimes myself getting too technical blocks my common sense side of things lol.

As for Apple and an iOS fix, the rep i spoke with on Sunday did mention that Apple is well aware of the fact that many users still have issues with this bug and they are working on figuring it out. So that was nice to know as well

I know it seems we are all just, hmmmm.... "obsessed"(?) with this right now even though most of us here are seeing good battery life now, there are still the few unfortunate ones that a restore as new just didn't do the trick for them. So i think this will be a topic spoken about for a while.
    naw...we just like to fix issues ourself. thats how i am. if their is a problem...i dont like to seat around and wait. i like to get to the bottom of it and fix it. by doing this i have find myself getting to know more things about the phone and OS...with trial and error you develop knowledge so next time you are with ur friends u can "school" them on what to do and maybe save some of your friends headaches. all my friends txt me when they need help with an android/iphone/blackberry. they know im a forum guy and have knowledge with smartphones and tech world
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-15-11 12:48 PM
    Nice...

11-15-11 01:49 PM
    Had another very good day looks like clear skies here on thru....
    11-15-11 07:22 PM
    Had another very good day looks like clear skies here on thru....
    wont be until the weekend before i can let mine run that low. but that looks good. i have this habit of putting my phone on charge before i go to bed. i guess its refreshing to wake up at 4 am to a fully charged phone
    11-15-11 08:06 PM
    wont be until the weekend before i can let mine run that low. but that looks good. i have this habit of putting my phone on charge before i go to bed. i guess its refreshing to wake up at 4 am to a fully charged phone
    I understand what your saying I like to charge up fully now just literally right before turning in for the night this way when my alarm goes off at 6am, I don't have the cord attached to it and knock sh*t off my end table like I've done in the past LOL.

What I'm going to start doing tonight is put the all vibe switch on so I don't hear my few emails/txs coming in thru the night....just the lovely 'marimba' alarm in the a.m. BOOOOO !!! Lol.
    11-15-11 08:12 PM
    Every single night my phone hits the charger when I go to sleep. I charge every night and when I leave to work around 6 or so my battery @ 100%. Even on weekends when I don't work I do this. I just like to wake up to a charged smartphone. Been doing that since I was 16 when I got my 1st
    cell phone. Now I'm 29. So look at how long I've been doing this. No battery issues with any of the phones.

11-15-11 11:52 PM
    So far today I have 10hrs standby and 3.5 hrs usage and sitting at 51%. I was tryi g to upload the pic from the phone but wouldnt allow me.
    11-16-11 12:23 PM
    DX9 Tapatalk is your friend......
    11-16-11 12:30 PM
    This was mine last night before I crashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DX9 and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    11-16-11 12:42 PM
    This is mine for today. Wifi ON and push ON. Location ON only on maps/safari/Siri/Facebook. Will turn locations OFF tomorrow and see how that goes.

11-16-11 09:40 PM
    Still rocking along. Love my 4S.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-17-11 05:28 AM
    This is where I'm at this morning. Going to plug in to charge soon.

Sj & moiselles, I see you guys are getting great stats also I have my location set to on so if I need Siri to search something she can. If I shut that off then it'll prompt me when I ask her to locate something then?

11-17-11 05:40 AM
    This is where I'm at this morning. Going to plug in to charge soon.

Sj & moiselles, I see you guys are getting great stats also I have my location set to on so if I need Siri to search something she can. If I shut that off then it'll prompt me when I ask her to locate something then?

I've decided to leave locations ON. I just left on the stuff I need and use most. With these stats I'm getting I'm good. By the time I got home at 6pm I was at 40% so not bad. If this battery last me my whole working day that's all that matters to me. And right now it is. If I need extra juice I'll charge in car or office 20-30 minutes. I've noticed this iPhone charges fast. So I'm satisfied with battery. I can imagine with new updates things will get better and we may have more stuff ON this phone. So for now locations and push stays ON.

11-17-11 05:49 AM
275 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD