thanks lol i just read an article on the issue. but does your texting seem a little laggy. cus mine does.
    06-22-10 04:58 PM
    thanks lol i just read an article on the issue. but does your texting seem a little laggy. cus mine does.
    No, mine is fine. I've sent out a few today with no issues.
    06-22-10 05:08 PM
    Multitasking is limited to audio streaming, VoIP and GPS apps. That's about it.

Otherwise, your regular apps will never be running in parallel with anything.
    06-22-10 05:26 PM
    I got the iOS4 GM Version the one which comes to you guys i got it before the release for my ipod touch and now i am getting the iphone 3g or 3gs still thinking please tell me which is good anyways so it is good NO crashes at all!!!!! all in all excellent job Apple!!!!!!!
    1000/1000
    06-22-10 05:35 PM
    Multitasking is limited to audio streaming, VoIP and GPS apps. That's about it.

Otherwise, your regular apps will never be running in parallel with anything.
    We're also missing out on apps in 'saved state' ATM now as well. We should be able to see these things in action soon.
    06-22-10 05:40 PM
    We're also missing out on apps in 'saved state' ATM now as well. We should be able to see these things in action soon.
    Yes, a real downer. Despite what people say about the iPhone it's only real weakness is any kind of multitasking. It's the difference between DOS and any modern OS available no matter how shiny you can make your apps look.
    06-22-10 07:21 PM
    The nice thing is you can do that right on iTunes ... It doesn't have to be on the phone but at the same time same would've been true if it was another device that has folders

When's it's all said and done I think Apple has done a pretty good job with their folder system... How many phones let you see what's in your folders before you open it ??
    I would of but my phone got done right before I had to go to work. Besides kept me busy all last night at work.
    06-22-10 11:48 PM
    I think what it comes down to is the fact that the majority of apps haven't been updated to take advantage of the new OS yet.
    06-23-10 09:08 AM
    Apps need to be updated to support FAS(Fast App Switching) and saved state status. A few of my apps have been updated and it works nicely. You did leave out that Apps can be coded to support finishing tasks in the background. So if you are uploading items like photos to whatever cloud the app is using, you can switch to another app and the process will finish before completely putting the app in the background.

The places you are talking about in Photos is on the bottom of the screen. Open photos and click "Places" in the bottom right. That will bring up a map with pins in locations you have taken pictures. Was nice to remember places I've been taking a few photos.
    06-23-10 09:51 AM
    I guess that'll encourage me to start using the location feature on my camera now.
    06-23-10 01:17 PM
    The places you are talking about in Photos is on the bottom of the screen. Open photos and click "Places" in the bottom right. That will bring up a map with pins in locations you have taken pictures. Was nice to remember places I've been taking a few photos.
    Pretty sure that Places and Faces will only have entries if you are a Mac user, with iPhoto. Gonna find that blog post...

Edit: Found it. Scroll down 1/3 for the Photo part.
    It's a good, thorough walk through of all the new features.
    From tipb.
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/14/ios-4-walkthrough/
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-23-10 at 04:26 PM.
    06-23-10 04:07 PM
    We I hold the phone up to my ear, I can't hear people at all. Even with the volume all the way up! Is anyone else having this problem?
    06-25-10 08:39 AM
    i still feel that the new update is laggy at times. texting and typing even with the apps closed in the background. anybody else noticing this? and what should i do?
    06-25-10 01:47 PM
    Updated yesterday and so far I love it!
    06-26-10 02:57 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD