Whoa!!! You have an iPhone 4s?? How did I miss that? I thought you had decided against buying another iPhone. What changed your mind?
    Yah, I went to Best Buy and this white box just JUMPED in my bag!!!!! I had to buy it to avoid going to jail....
    Now that I've got it, it's growing on me.
    03-11-12 08:12 PM
    Yah, I went to Best Buy and this white box just JUMPED in my bag!!!!! I had to buy it to avoid going to jail....
    Now that I've got it, it's growing on me.
    Funny! Just jumped in your bag? Must have needed a good home. Lol. What exactley is growing on you?
    03-11-12 09:34 PM
    As of a minute or so ago. Used skype for about 1/2 hour too with low signal so im not crying too hard about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 10:20 PM
    Funny! Just jumped in your bag? Must have needed a good home. Lol. What exactley is growing on you?
    Well, one of my main complaints about the 3GS was battery life. Although I am not getting the two days that I see posted here I am getting better than the 3GS. And it is getting literally double what I'm getting on the Skyrocket.
    Also, the set up was a no brainer. iTunes remembered everything from my 3GS. All my apps ported, including my DC Circulator app that I loved.
    Notifications, although not as extensive as BB, have improved. Haven't played with the calendar yet, so I don't know.
    Although my first love continues to be BB and I'm by no means dropping my 9930, I'm enjoying this.
    It's only been two days, so I'm in the honeymoon phase.
    We'll see.
    03-12-12 02:49 AM
    A bit better today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 12:54 PM
    You have to keep in mind there are activities that are much more labor intensive; you can get a couple hours usage from listening to music and have it only take 7-8%, whereas we've all had the times where we lose 20% in an hour.
    03-12-12 09:35 PM
    Typical day on a 4. Pandora in the truck, posted on here a couple of times, checked e-mail and read some news stories. I guess you would have to include some actual phone calls as well if you can believe that. :0)
    03-12-12 09:58 PM
    I'm on 5.0.1 now and have had no battery issues. I've been getting the same thing as u guys on 5.1 so I'm not in a rush to upgrade and lose my untethered jailbreak

03-12-12 10:15 PM
    How are you guys making it to one full day?

And.....how are you posting screenshots from your phone?!?
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 03-15-12 at 03:08 PM.
    03-15-12 02:59 PM
    How are you guys making it to one full day?

And.....how are you posting screenshots from your phone?!?
    Lock button and Home button at the same time takes a screen shot of your phone.
    03-15-12 03:07 PM
    Lock button and Home button at the same time takes a screen shot of your phone.
    Oh, thanks, I got that.

I meant how to get it from the phone onto the forum using the phone. I thought I'd be able to just go through advanced settings.
    03-15-12 03:09 PM
    Oh, thanks, I got that.

I meant how to get it from the phone onto the forum using the phone. I thought I'd be able to just go through advanced settings.
    Woops sorry, just trying to help.

No idea how to help on that one never did it. Plus, I'm scared to post an iphone screen shot on a BlackBerry site. Could get ugly.
    03-15-12 03:11 PM
    Tapatalk will allow to to post pictures from you album onto the forum.
    03-15-12 03:11 PM
    Woops sorry, just trying to help.

No idea how to help on that one never did it. Plus, I'm scared to post an iphone screen shot on a BlackBerry site. Could get ugly.
    Thanks for the help!!!!

I got it. Just used my laptop.
    03-15-12 03:14 PM
    And it should be "your" Really got to watch the anticipated text and spell check on this thing. :0)
    03-15-12 03:15 PM
    No worries.

How are y'all doing it? I'm not anywhere near a day's worth, much less two.
    03-15-12 03:17 PM
    I seem to get a day easily, but I will admit that I can't use my phone often at work. My 9700 is in use during this time.
    03-15-12 03:53 PM
    Same here as far as a days use. But I am in a 4 not a 4s and I'm at work so not as much use today as some.
    03-15-12 05:41 PM
    "on" dangit
    03-15-12 05:41 PM
    Yah mine died on the Metro. I didn't use it at all from the time I took the screenshot.

I've got location services off, brightness down to what is probably equivalent to 20%. Manual fetch. Bluetooth off.

I'd read that the battery on the iP4 was amazing. Guess I should have got an iP4 and not the iP4S.
    03-15-12 06:00 PM
    Sounds like you have done everything you can, about the only thing you didn't mention was Facebook or Twitter. Do you have them fetching all the time? I don't think there is that radical of a difference between the 4s and the 4 other than the processor. Although you do have a new best friend and I think Siri could be a little power hungry. As far as getting two days out of the phone I really would not know as I plug mine in every night when I go to bed. Old habit dating back to the Startac.

You might try closing all your apps and doing a soft re-set, other than that I'm out of things to try short of a full re-set. If you do wipe it though make sure to set it up in Itunes as a new phone to avoid any bugs you might have had.
    03-15-12 08:51 PM
    And today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    03-16-12 09:42 PM
    Sounds like you have done everything you can, about the only thing you didn't mention was Facebook or Twitter. Do you have them fetching all the time? I don't think there is that radical of a difference between the 4s and the 4 other than the processor. Although you do have a new best friend and I think Siri could be a little power hungry. As far as getting two days out of the phone I really would not know as I plug mine in every night when I go to bed. Old habit dating back to the Startac.

You might try closing all your apps and doing a soft re-set, other than that I'm out of things to try short of a full re-set. If you do wipe it though make sure to set it up in Itunes as a new phone to avoid any bugs you might have had.
    I turned off Twitter.

I've changed from Push to Fetch every 15 minutes and will adjust accordingly. Not keen on that, I like to have my email come through without delays.

OK, you touched on something that I've been looking for....how to turn off apps. Easy on BB and Android. Not finding it so easy on the iPhone. I'm looking for the app list of what is running and what is consuming the most data. I'm used to having that available, since it's easily found on Android and on BB. When I found the Diagnostics setting on the iPhone it gave me logs but not a graphical or list representation with percentages on what the battery is using most.

Where would I find that?

And thank you for the assistance!
    03-17-12 06:08 AM
    I turned off Twitter.

I've changed from Push to Fetch every 15 minutes and will adjust accordingly. Not keen on that, I like to have my email come through without delays.

OK, you touched on something that I've been looking for....how to turn off apps. Easy on BB and Android. Not finding it so easy on the iPhone. I'm looking for the app list of what is running and what is consuming the most data. I'm used to having that available, since it's easily found on Android and on BB. When I found the Diagnostics setting on the iPhone it gave me logs but not a graphical or list representation with percentages on what the battery is using most.

Where would I find that?

And thank you for the assistance!
    Double tap the "home" button, a list of running apps show up on the bottom of the screen. Hold your finger over one of the apps and they start shaking with a little red X in the top left corner. Tap the X of all the apps you want to close. When done press the home button once more.
    03-17-12 09:21 AM
    Saturday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    03-17-12 09:42 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD