The smaller carriers may give you a better deal but then consider how many minutes M2M saves you on those 2 huge networks and the cost of upping your plan on a smaller carrier to the next tier. sometimes its the same total cost in the end as the $90 ATT or VZW charge you.

Personally keeping Sprint wouldve cost the same $90 (or withing $5-10, I dont rememebr exact numbers) since everyone i do talk on the phone to uses ATT. The 450 min wasnt cutting it with the tiny M2M user base.
    Well, Sprint recently rolled out an unlimited mobile to mobile deal. That means you only eat up your minutes when you call to or from a landline. When they introduced that deal, I was able to downgrade my plan and save even more bucks, since most of my calls are to and from clients - and they aren't going to use their landline (if they have one at all!) to place a long distance call to my mobile.

Of course it's not all gravy. I do have to be on a Sprint tower for the M2M thing, but even so. I have yet to spend significant time on roaming.
    12-03-09 02:03 PM
    Surveys schmurveys.
    As a business owner, I put a lot of stock in surveys - both formal and informal. I need to know what my customers are thinking and how they feel. I can't improve if I don't find out whether my clients are happy.

General dissatisfaction means I need to change something.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 12-03-09 at 02:08 PM.
    12-03-09 02:06 PM
    Well, Sprint recently rolled out an unlimited mobile to mobile deal. That means you only eat up your minutes when you call to or from a landline. When they introduced that deal, I was able to downgrade my plan and save even more bucks, since most of my calls are to and from clients - and they aren't going to use their landline (if they have one at all!) to place a long distance call to my mobile.

Of course it's not all gravy. I do have to be on a Sprint tower for the M2M thing, but even so. I have yet to spend significant time on roaming.
    For your use Im sure that works, but for most in personal use the other person on the other carrier has minutes too. In concept its a good feature but really doesnt take into account the other person who wont sit on the phone 2 hours even if its free for you because it costs them minutes. Its not a substitute for a small M2M base when talking friends and family.

thats why i said above M2M can really make a big difference, you have to consider who you talk to most beyond cost. I know people who have the smallest and if youre not on their carrier they wont answer or if theyre low on minutes. Id rather tailor my carrier to who i talk to most for communication sake

As a business owner, I put a lot of stock in surveys - both formal and informal. I need to know what my customers are thinking and how they feel. I can't improve if I don't find out whether my clients are happy.

General dissatisfaction means I need to change something.
    but when you have 80+ million people and a large corporation, its hard to get any accurate gauge from a survey. Some people dont like you just because, some have 1 small problem and its the end of the world to them. A company that size just cant appease everyone, and there are a lot of blow hards out there who are more talk then bite, who like I said will be lined up for the next big phone- iphone or not- on ATT no matter how much they hate ATT or for what reason
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-03-09 at 02:23 PM.
    12-03-09 02:18 PM
    For your use Im sure that works, but for most in personal use the other person on the other carrier has minutes too. In concept its a good feature but really doesnt take into account the other person who wont sit on the phone 2 hours even if its free for you because it costs them minutes. Its not a substitute for a small M2M base when talking friends and family.

thats why i said above M2M can really make a big difference, you have to consider who you talk to most beyond cost. I know people who have the smallest and if youre not on their carrier they wont answer or if theyre low on minutes. Id rather tailor my carrier to who i talk to most for communication sake
    I don't follow you. How is it better to have unlimited M2M calling to 5 or 10 mobile numbers instead of unlimited M2M to all mobile numbers?

Your situational example pretty much sums up why Sprint (or anyone else who offers the same M2M) would be better.

but when you have 80+ million people and a large corporation, its hard to get any accurate gauge from a survey. Some people dont like you just because, some have 1 small problem and its the end of the world to them. A company that size just cant appease everyone, and there are a lot of blow hards out there who are more talk then bite.
    Surveys give you a general idea of how you're doing. It's not difficult to weed out the extremes. It's just statistics.
    12-03-09 02:31 PM
    Struggling carrier or not- Of course, I would never complain about lowered rates though, that would be welcomed! haha
    12-03-09 04:09 PM
    Dang right!

I'm REALLY liking Sprint for the service they give me at the price I pay. But I'm not "Sprint or Die!" If Sprint doesn't maintain the status quo, I'll move on when my contract is up.
    12-03-09 04:24 PM
    i was paying $72.95 canadian a month for my 3gs

400mins
    UL e/w
    6gb data
    all the normal stuff like U/L text, VMM, Caller ID
    Unlimited incoming calls.
    1000 Canadian Long Distance.
    12-03-09 04:35 PM
    Dang right!

I'm REALLY liking Sprint for the service they give me at the price I pay. But I'm not "Sprint or Die!" If Sprint doesn't maintain the status quo, I'll move on when my contract is up.

You'll regret going to Sprint. My Curve drops calls like rain.
    12-03-09 08:36 PM
    You'll regret going to Sprint. My Curve drops calls like rain.
    I'm only 3 months in but so far, so good. I get fewer bars inside my house than out, but I'm not dropping calls.
    12-03-09 08:42 PM
    well i had sprint for like 2 weeks, it wasnt that bad actually!
    but im soooooooo glad to be back on AT&T and to have that 15% discount(:

WHITE 16GIG IPHONE FTW<3
    12-04-09 02:09 PM
    well i had sprint for like 2 weeks, it wasnt that bad actually!
    but im soooooooo glad to be back on AT&T and to have that 15% discount(:

WHITE 16GIG IPHONE FTW<3
    Sprint's pretty solid here, despite my being semi-rural.

Is Sprint for everyone? Heck no. It's not like they have the iPhone and even the map shows you'd be roaming pretty much all the time in the midwest. But I'm certainly milking what I have for as long as possible.
    12-04-09 03:29 PM
    I didn't think I would like AT&T but so far so good. Im really impressed with the iPhone- it's a remarkable device. The 24% discount through my employer was the main reason I decided to give it a go. That beats the sprint and the VZW discount I could have gotten.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD