11-19-10 09:56 AM
31 12
tools
    PingChat does group chat across iPhone, Android, BB. I have yet to find an app that does this. I tried BrightKite, but it actually sends Texts, not what i am looking for!

This is the only reason i use this over WhatsApp.

BTW, the push notification seems to work fine on my BB Bold 9650.
    10-21-10 03:38 PM
    why can't all these pinhead companies agree on ONE universal chat program??
    would make too much sense eh!?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree with you 110%
    10-23-10 12:40 AM
    Pretty soon we'll all probably go to Gtalk. As Android becomes more popular and takes on larger and larger marketshare, Gtalk will become almost ubiquitous. It's already available on all platforms, including Mac and PC. If they add a few more features it'll probably take over. As soon as they implement sent and received confirmations, I'm ditching Whatsapp.
    there is no Gtalk client for the iPhone.
    10-31-10 11:02 PM
    I have Ping and Kik installed along with everyone I normally chat with. We always end up using Kik because message delivery is instant whereas Ping only seems to deliver messages when it wants to, and you only get notifications when it decides you should get them. We have never had any good experiences with Ping.
    11-01-10 03:10 PM
    I've been using Ping for a couple days to chat with a buddy that's in China that has an iPhone and it's worked pretty good and espcially for her it's free and doesn't eat into her limited text plan! (who still doesn't offer unlimited text...I digress). For all those that have bashed the app the whole point of this thread is to provide feedback on how to make it, please don't use threads like this to get out your passive agressive behavior!

So here's what I like and don't like. (I'm running the 9650 Bold on Sprint)

Free, pretty seemless, do not have to log in and out like some other IM clients. The sent and read check marks. Ability to send pics and media, and up to 200 characters per message.

Dislikes

Lack of support or info on site
    Limited options/settings
    Unable to stop messages from being in the messaging app
    Unable to verify phone # (no support or explanation on why this is important)
    I know the above function works on Android based phones on At&T

That's it for now. Great work for a free app. Keep up the great work.
    11-13-10 02:32 PM
    I don't mind Pingchat either; use it on my iphone to connect to a few friends who have Blackberry's.

But recently one of my friends is having major issues with it, he's using a bold 9700 with latest the version, but says he's not getting notifications unless he opens the app. However everyone else is saying it works fine for them...

The only reason I can think of, is that he's in another country... and the rest of us are all based in the same country....should that matter?

PingChat is the only one ive tried so far. Plus it will be a nuisance to trying to migrate everyone over to something new... I also heard Whatsapp is subscription..is that true?

Like:
    s/r notifications
    simplicity of the UI

Dislike:
    lack of settings
    lack of support, the new update has a buddy feature, but for the life of me I don't know how to utilise it
    the constant pinging, when you receive a message (fine) but when you open up a message too...is that necessary...really?
    The fact it kicks you out of the application when there is no signal.
    The word count limitations
    It would be nice to update profile pics within the app.

Basically all the things I liked with bbm, there I said it..
    Last edited by The Gift; 11-19-10 at 10:00 AM.
    11-19-10 09:56 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD