I am going to make the jump to the I4S. For no other reasin than I am intrgued by Siri.

For those who have the device, how is the LED?
    10-15-11 09:07 PM
    What are you coming from? I dont know honestly if Siri is worth it. Its a neat feature and cool to show off, but I think its one of those things you may forget about after a month or so.

No notification LED. You can use apps to light the Flash LED though.
    10-15-11 09:20 PM
    Siri is pretty awesome, but not sure I'd say that Siri alone is worth the switch depending on the device you're coming from. I left a 1 year old 9800 and jumping to the 4S made my 9800 feel three or four years old, not one.

The display is gorgeous, the whole OS is super smooth and flows beautifully together. There is no lag, no need for battery pulls. Everything just works. The notification center is really neat too and really adds something to the iPhone. The camera is positively amazing too.

As far as I can tell, there is no LED on the 4S. But honestly, I don't feel like I'm missing out. My LED on my 9800 would stop flashing once my password lock kicked in after 15 minutes anyway, so I always had to activate the screen anyway. I used to use BeBuzz but then all of a sudden my App World told me it wasn't available and I just ended up deleting it and using the stock LED notifications.

It really depends on what you'd miss from your Blackberry. So far, I'm not missing much.
    10-15-11 09:25 PM
    Yes it is.
    10-15-11 10:34 PM
    The "for no other reason" statement was because my Bold 9650 works great. I have no issues (browser is slow, but what else is new?) I am not a big apps guy, I have an Ipod for music.

I think I am just ready for a change. I have never been a "hater" of Iwhatevers, just satisfied with my 'berry.

So I think I will make the switch.
    i7guy likes this.
    10-15-11 10:40 PM
    I'm with you. Mu upgrade is around the corner and now I'm thinking LTE on bb. If I'm going to upgrade I want a substantial upgrade. With the exception of browser s2 to 4s isn't it.
    10-16-11 08:50 AM
    I don't undertsand how an iPhone 4S is not a substantial upgrade over the Storm 2. All new BB OS 7 devices are a substantial upgrade.

I think it has more to do with the fact that you just want LTE on a BB. The iPhone 4S makes the Storm 2 look like nothing. The last iPhone the Storm two was "comparable" to was the iPhone 3GS.

You just want BBOS/QNX and LTE, which is understandable. The hardware alone in the iPhone 4S will but the storm to shame in benchmarks. It is a substantial upgrade, but is not running the OS and cell chip you want.
    pilsbury likes this.
    10-16-11 08:55 AM
    I don't undertsand how an iPhone 4S is not a substantial upgrade over the Storm 2. All new BB OS 7 devices are a substantial upgrade.

I think it has more to do with the fact that you just want LTE on a BB. The iPhone 4S makes the Storm 2 look like nothing. The last iPhone the Storm two was "comparable" to was the iPhone 3GS.

You just want BBOS/QNX and LTE, which is understandable. The hardware alone in the iPhone 4S will but the storm to shame in benchmarks. It is a substantial upgrade, but is not running the OS and cell chip you want.
    Definitely agree with this ... just about anything BB is putting out now is a substantial upgrade from the S2, and the iPhone 4s is probably a step or two ahead of any BB (this coming from a very satisfied BB 9810 user). LTE is still a way from being widely available in more locations than not, and there's still the issue of power that LTE radios currently consume. We don't know for sure when a QNX handheld is coming, although we might have a better idea on that after next week. If we hear that QNX is just a few months away, then maybe it would be worth waiting. Otherwise, go grab something now that will last you a year and stop torturing yourself.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-16-11 09:24 AM
    With today's LTE technology it is a seperate chip on the phone which is a battery hog and very inefficient. It's basically version 1 of the LTE processors. They are not optimized for power efficency yet. So if you enjoy getting 3 hours out of your phone or carrying around bulky extended batteries then by all means get a LTE phone today.

This is most likely why Apple has not gone with LTE yet. They are not willing to take a step or two backwards by making their iPhone bulkier / heavier with less battery life just for LTE which isn't even widely deployed by all carriers yet.

The next iteration of the LTE chips due out probably mid next year will be smaller, actually tiny compared to todays, and way more power efficient, it will support LTE, CDMA, GSM, HSPA+ and just about every other acronym onto a single chip.

Bottom line is if you purchase and LTE device today your going to be stuck with VERY outdated technology come next summer. So don't buy into the LTE hype yet people be patient and wait for the 2nd gen LTE phones.
    10-16-11 11:20 AM
    @avt. I don't disagree with what you are saying. I use my phone mainly for:

1. a phone
    2. email, lots of it
    2a. some texting and BBM
    3. listen to music
    4. streaming music
    5. navigation
    6. keeper of my master password list

While the iphone 4s, is a substantial hardware upgrade, there is no inherent software upgrade that will make my list 1-6; better faster stronger, etc.

I used to have my BB tethered to my laptop. With the ipad I ditched the broadband connect which I was paying for 5gigs, and am now paying more for a couple of hundred meg.

So I'm thinking forget data on the ipad and go back to a broadband connect on my BB with LTE. I've had the S2 for almost two years, I can wait a few more months until the battery life issues with lte settle out.
    10-16-11 11:36 AM
    Well that is understandable then. LTE seems to be your main focus in your next device (for new features, not you main focus for owning a smartphone).

Hopefully RIM comes out with something you are looking for soon.
    10-16-11 11:50 AM
    Well that is understandable then. LTE seems to be your main focus in your next device (for new features, not you main focus for owning a smartphone).

Hopefully RIM comes out with something you are looking for soon.
    I think we all hope that RIM comes with something.

I do have some gripes, with the iphone, some minor one major. To be fair I have some gripes about the S2 also.

But as I said in more than a few threads, I do not like the email handling of an iphone(IOS) compared to BB on BES. Truncated emails are never a problem for me, and the BB is slicker, IMHO. BIS would be a different story, but as long as I am BES, it's BB for me!
    10-16-11 12:20 PM
    Wish there was a BES for the consumer...not BIS.
    10-16-11 05:34 PM
    I switched to the i4S... Unreal. Makes my Torch look like my old motorola flip phone. I was accustomed to entering a url into the browser of my Torch and putting the phone down so I could wait for it to load... i4s, the page is loaded before I could put it down... Loads as quick as my PC most times. I've never seen a grey and white checker pattern on a web page like I did with my torch... Screen and pages move crisply, no lag. It's like what a Blackberry should be, multiplied by ten. I've always been a RIM/BB supporter and advocate but it's time to face the facts, the software is in totally different leagues, the phones are worlds apart.
    10-16-11 08:17 PM
    To turn on Led notification, go to settings, general, accessibility, then turn on Led Flash for Alerts. It's a new thing for iOS 5.
    10-16-11 10:50 PM
    The led notifications on the iPhone is not very good. Seems more like an afterthought. Once the iPhone gets a FRONT facing led most of us would be very happy. For some reason, I can't seem to get more than approximately 2 blinks from my iPhone. Is there a setting for a longer blink?
    10-16-11 11:52 PM
    s2 to iphone 4s is a massive jump
    not comparable at all if u ask me
    had iphone 4
    but for emails,bbm n fixed rate came to bb
    dont really use apps
    but i4s seems a great toy
    10-17-11 07:04 AM
    I have a friend who owns both an iPhone 4 and a S2. He's only holding on to the S2 for nostalgia reasons at this point. I'm like the biggest lover of the S2. (I loved the clickety click of sure press.) However, the i4 blows it away in everything except email.
    10-17-11 07:18 AM
    I have a friend who owns both an iPhone 4 and a S2. He's only holding on to the S2 for nostalgia reasons at this point. I'm like the biggest lover of the S2. (I loved the clickety click of sure press.) However, the i4 blows it away in everything except email.
    It's all about making a decision, and learning to live with it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-17-11 02:50 PM
    s2 to iphone 4s is a massive jump
    not comparable at all if u ask me
    had iphone 4
    but for emails,bbm n fixed rate came to bb
    dont really use apps
    but i4s seems a great toy
    It's only a toy, if treated as such, even Blackberry devices can fit in this idea

10-17-11 02:52 PM
    Wish there was a BES for the consumer...not BIS.
    BESX, last I checked

10-17-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD