I won't be switching back to a blackberry ever again as my primary device. The Developer support for Apple is unmatched by RIM. Along with iCloud, amazing camera with photo editing as well as an outstanding video camera and its editing features. Finally the ability to now use it as a work device makes my iPhone practically indispensable to me. It does everything my Blackberry did plus so much more.

?
    Good point. That will never change.
    03-20-12 10:05 PM
    You couldn't be more wrong with this thread. I was ignorant to believe the hype with regards to what the iOS could do and wasted a LOT of money to learn a valuable lesson. The amount of restrictions within the iOS is inexcusable. Why should I have to pay for multiple apps in order to simply open, modify, and electronically sign a document that might or might not load? I was also totally underwhelmed with the UI on the iPad and ended up gifting to my mother. One of my daughter's was actually willing to regress to her original Storm after being on her 3gS for a few months. As for iTunes, WHY must I have a separate account (with a registered credit card ) in order to load the same 4,000 songs that I already have in my windows media center? Owning an Apple device long enough is frustrating enough to even make the pope cuss! My iPhone4 is now a permanent fixture on the handlebars on my bike and a constant reminder that I am a fool for spending wasting the money I did for this over glorified mp3 player.
    03-20-12 10:15 PM
    You couldn't be more wrong with this thread. I was ignorant to believe the hype with regards to what the iOS could do and wasted a LOT of money to learn a valuable lesson. The amount of restrictions within the iOS is inexcusable. Why should I have to pay for multiple apps in order to simply open, modify, and electronically sign a document that might or might not load? I was also totally underwhelmed with the UI on the iPad and ended up gifting to my mother. One of my daughter's was actually willing to regress to her original Storm after being on her 3gS for a few months. As for iTunes, WHY must I have a separate account (with a registered credit card ) in order to load the same 4,000 songs that I already have in my windows media center? Owning an Apple device long enough is frustrating enough to even make the pope cuss! My iPhone4 is now a permanent fixture on the handlebars on my bike and a constant reminder that I am a fool for spending wasting the money I did for this over glorified mp3 player.
    To you. In your opinion. For YOUR needs. For what YOU want. I have the latest and greatest BB sitting in a drawer with the battery pulled due to the same frustration you had in YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with your iPhone.

And FYI but I don't have a credit card attached to iTunes. You don't HAVE to. I'm sorry you didn't realise that.

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
    Tapatalk
    03-21-12 12:27 AM
    To you. In your opinion. For YOUR needs. For what YOU want. I have the latest and greatest BB sitting in a drawer with the battery pulled due to the same frustration you had in YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with your iPhone.

And FYI but I don't have a credit card attached to iTunes. You don't HAVE to. I'm sorry you didn't realise that.

Tapatalk
    And that is your opinion based upon your personal experience...right? Chill out.
    03-21-12 12:34 AM
    Right back atcha. You were speaking as if no one who's had an iPhone ever stayed with it and how could they with how horrible it was for you. Not everyone had the experience you did but your post was as if the entire thread was a lie.

Tapatalk
    03-21-12 12:37 AM
    Right back atcha. You were speaking as if no one who's had an iPhone ever stayed with it and how could they with how horrible it was for you. Not everyone had the experience you did but your post was as if the entire thread was a lie.

Tapatalk
    I think you need to lay off the sauce. I never said any of those things.
    03-21-12 12:41 AM
    RIM does not have to beat Apple to stay in business. I have used a lot of different phones on many platforms and for work my 9900 has been the best. Apple makes great products and I have tried many but I always end up moving away from them (I have had several Ipods) I find Itunes difficult. RIM does not aspire to be Apple. It's funny how we are in this country, if you are not number 1 then your are going out of business. BTW my wife is on her second MAC laptop, and she has zero interest in the IPhone. She loves her 9780.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah and I have a PlayBook too!
    03-21-12 12:54 AM
    I think you need to lay off the sauce. I never said any of those things.
    You strongly implied it. You made several blanket statements. All I did was point out that contrary to your blanket statement of the frustration level the users of iPhone feel, not everyone finds it to be so.

If you didn't want someone to comment as I did, you should have said that YOU went back to BB (not that the entire thread couldn't be more wrong), that you didn't realise you don't require a credit card, that you found the iPhone frustrating (not that anyone who uses it including the pope would find it frustrating)...things like that.

Not everyone finds the iPhone frustrating. I'm responding to the tone of your post which was that anyone who uses it should feel that way. Whether you intended it or not, that's how it reads.

Tapatalk
    03-21-12 02:05 AM
    I'm glad you've found a device that works for you. But saying this "whole thread couldn't be more wrong" is not true and is your opinion.

Everyone knows that Apple closely restricts their devices. It's been no secret. You said you have an iPhone 4 but were "ignorant" to the fact that you had to spend money on apps and, forgive me if I'm wrong, jailbreak to use the device the way you wanted to. It's no surprise that iOS doesn't have themes or customizable profiles like BlackBerry. To me, it seems like something you would have found out before you bought the iPhone. It's not like there weren't 3 generations ahead of it.

Personally, I never understood why people found iTunes difficult to use. I've been using it since I had my iPod 6 years ago and never found it hard to use. Heck, even my dad who will be 59 uses iTunes for his iPod Touch. If he can figure it out, it can't be that hard (not to discredit my dad, he's very, very smart).

I find my iPhone easier to use, especially when it comes to upgrading the OS. With iPhone, you can update OTA and it's done in less than 20 minutes. With the BlackBerry, your device may or may not get an upgrade and then if you don't, you have to download a leaked OS, connect it to your computer, and then it can take an hour to finish... blah! So inconvenient to me.

We all have different preferences. I respect your choice to go back to BlackBerry. So please don't say this whole thread is wrong. There is a reason the iPhones have been amazingly successful and are continuously ranked the highest in customer satisfaction. Perhaps not everyone is fully satisfied. But I'm willing to bet the majority of iPhone owners are very satisfied with their choice. And I'm sure not everyone is satisfied with ther BlackBerry. You win some, you lose some.

And at the end of the day, it's just a phone.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 05:54 AM
    my mom just loves her Apple products.. I think it was a godsend, when I gave her the iPhone I was using, after having problem, after problem, with her old BlackBerry 9530 over the life of her device. My dad has one, too; and he's the least tech savvy among us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 08:50 AM
    Owning an Apple device long enough is frustrating enough to even make the pope cuss!
    So is owning a device that bricks every other week. Lots of people threw their BBs against a wall when the outage happened. I was one of them.

So is owning a device that never gets updates and is EOLd months after release.

Even more, a lot of people throw their BBs at a wall when they get the white screen of death right in the middle of something extremely important. I did.

I've been frustrated with my iPhone but not nearly as much with my Curves as well as my Storm2. Like moiselles said, I switched to a device that met my needs.
    moiselles likes this.
    03-21-12 08:57 AM
    You strongly implied it. You made several blanket statements. All I did was point out that contrary to your blanket statement of the frustration level the users of iPhone feel, not everyone finds it to be so.

If you didn't want someone to comment as I did, you should have said that YOU went back to BB (not that the entire thread couldn't be more wrong), that you didn't realise you don't require a credit card, that you found the iPhone frustrating (not that anyone who uses it including the pope would find it frustrating)...things like that.

Not everyone finds the iPhone frustrating. I'm responding to the tone of your post which was that anyone who uses it should feel that way. Whether you intended it or not, that's how it reads.

Tapatalk
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you're confused. You might want to go back in the thread and see who it is you meant to have this discussion with.
    03-21-12 09:07 AM
    Economist I believe iPhone whips on BB in the united states but in other countries I believe rim is doing good
    True. Here in India BBs are first choice if people wanna go premium. Yes even 8520 is considered premium here.
    And with trends and times changing for people with good financial provisions, its a common sight here to see well groomed business guys or corparates with bbs rather than droid or idevices.
    Rim is having a party here bigtime. Mind it.
    And economist01 I m NOT convincing.
    03-21-12 09:49 AM
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you're confused. You might want to go back in the thread and see who it is you meant to have this discussion with.
    Well then there's others who got the same impression and are confused since I'm not the only one who has now responded to your opinion piece.

Tapatalk
    03-21-12 12:29 PM
    i wouldn't say i'll never go back to Blackberry, but i'll wait til RIM will come up with something else different & better than what they have now. i personally don't want any of them, Apple, RIM, Sony Ericsson, HTC ... be out of business so we have more choices.
    there's a few things i like my ip4s better than my Torch: the screen, OS update for all Generation of iPhone, including my old ip3G, more apps i mean more & lot cheaper to get too.
    the most expensive app i bought for my Torch is the Tether for BB, cost $49. Tether for IOS cost only $9.99 (but can get it any more).
    this is only my thought!!!
    03-21-12 01:52 PM
    Economist I believe iPhone whips on BB in the united states but in other countries I believe rim is doing good
    Don't waste yourself pointing out the world isn't flat.
    03-21-12 07:49 PM

Tapatalk
    I didn't realize that either and I appreciated knowing about it. Since I don't plan on buying any apps, it doesn't matteer.
    03-22-12 08:23 AM
    I didn't realize that either and I appreciated knowing about it. Since I don't plan on buying any apps, it doesn't matteer.

I only use iTunes cards. I pick up a new $15 one when my credit hits less than a dollar. I don't buy often but I like having a bit of a credit just in case I hear a song on the Sirius at work and want it (something I have a bad habit of doing, or like now when Angry Birds Space is out and I am sim swapping back to my iphone so I can play it on my lunch heh)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-22-12 09:00 AM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD