Good evening all -

Just curious, do you password protect your iPhone, or not?
    03-27-10 05:12 PM
    i dont have any problems using mine...

i feel my iphone is very protected.....
    03-27-10 05:23 PM
    I don't. Typing it in every time I open my iPhone is pretty annoying.
    03-27-10 05:41 PM
    nope. Nothing on there that is imprortant. Storm is, work issued.
    03-27-10 05:53 PM
    I don't, but I do at times when I go out (when I remember), I put it on.

I do have "Find My iPhone", so I'd just wipe it if anything.
    03-27-10 05:58 PM
    I lock it. I have a lot of private clients (both through school (research initiatives with confidential participants, etc), and work (similar idea, just exclusive contacts, like city counsellors, etc)).

I've kind of just naturally adjusted to automatically unlock it without thinking lol.
    03-27-10 10:27 PM
    If you have MS exchange the password for that automaticly attaches itself to your phone. I found that out the hard way.
    03-27-10 10:51 PM
    Was everything in Bedrock made of rock?
    03-28-10 12:46 PM
    ...alright already, point taken

Amazing the people that do\don't and their reasons for it...

Was everything in Bedrock made of rock?
    03-28-10 01:33 PM
    I dont, although I probably should.

I just find it annoying sometimes if I want to check an email or something that takes 5 seconds to have to swipe and then enter the password.

So far Ive NEVER lost or had a phone stolen in 10+ years of owning a cell phone (knock on wood) so Im not all that worried yet.

I think if they made a quicker unlock/password procedure Id use it more. I think if you enable a password the slide to unlock should be disabled since you cant access the phone without the password anyways making the slide unnecessary. The slide then password is redundant IMO
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-28-10 at 01:58 PM.
    03-28-10 01:55 PM
    I dont, although I probably should.

I just find it annoying sometimes if I want to check an email or something that takes 5 seconds to have to swipe and then enter the password.

So far Ive NEVER lost or had a phone stolen in 10+ years of owning a cell phone (knock on wood) so Im not all that worried yet.

I think if they made a quicker unlock/password procedure Id use it more. I think if you enable a password the slide to unlock should be disabled since you cant access the phone without the password anyways making the slide unnecessary. The slide then password is redundant IMO
    Maybe fingerprint recognition when you slide to unlock. That would be cool.
    03-28-10 06:26 PM
    That would be pretty cool but I have some apprehension about fingerprint scanners. If its glitchy youd get locked out.

Basically the screen should turn on, ask for the 4 digit code and unlock. The slide is unnecessary.
    03-28-10 06:57 PM
    Maybe fingerprint recognition when you slide to unlock. That would be cool.
    I read the post above yours and thought the exact same thing. I don't and I really should. I am gonna write an email asking them to make this an available locking app. Not that they'll care or consider it but what can it hurt?
    03-28-10 07:52 PM
    That would be pretty cool but I have some apprehension about fingerprint scanners. If its glitchy youd get locked out.

Basically the screen should turn on, ask for the 4 digit code and unlock. The slide is unnecessary.

If it's an app, you'd just delete it from your iTunes and sync and restore the phone if needed and voila fingerprint recognition gone... and/or if it fails have an unlock code back up lol

And I use my password protection, I'm in the music biz and my phone being unlocked if I'd ever lose it would lead so some famous people having their #'s leaked to the web I'm sure.... that would not be good
    Last edited by cleverocks22; 03-28-10 at 09:16 PM.
    03-28-10 09:12 PM
    I did but after a few days of having to type in the password, I took it off.
    03-29-10 11:49 PM
    still new to this all
    how do i find the password? if i have never set it up before?
    03-30-10 08:55 PM
    Go to Settings, General, Passcode Lock. It's four numbers.

I didn't use to password protect mine, but I do now after I left it in Wal-Mart. I got it back, luckily, but better safe than sorry, and that way, no one can get my things.
    03-31-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD