Guys. My password keeper on my BB9700 present day-- has every credit card, debit card, bank password, online password etc that I have. It's been building for years, following me from unit to unit...growing and growing.
    I'm using my iphone4 a little now and it's gonna be my main phone, either until the 9800 comes OR permanently-- depending on how much the ip4 grows on me.
    In order for a phone to be my main phone-- I need a password keeper. I had installed "keeper" on my 3gs. It feels straight forward and competent but I gotta say-- I'm SUPER worried about security. It seems there's always some kinda security leak scandal every other week. Can anyone suggest a program to keep my sensitive stuff? I don't mind a pay application. It's just that BB seems to be anal about protecting info and I dunno if iyts the case with Apple.

Thank-You

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 04:36 PM
    I've been using Keeper for the last couple of weeks and I like it. It's gotten good reviews. But I can understand you concern about security. But so far I haven't heard anything about security issues for Keeper.

They have Password Keeper for $99, but it has a lower rating than Keeper does.

Please keep us posted if you find a program that works and is secure.

-MB1
    08-02-10 05:39 PM
    OK, I must be way behind. Im using LockBox and it seems to do everything I need. Is there some reason I would not want to use it and use one of these you guys mentioned?
    08-02-10 09:18 PM
    OK, I must be way behind. Im using LockBox and it seems to do everything I need. Is there some reason I would not want to use it and use one of these you guys mentioned?
    I think the OP question is about how secure your information, passwords, etc... is once you store it in one of these programs. As in, who, if anyone, has access to it as far as the recent reports of security leaks.

I can understand his concern, but I have yet to hear about anyone of these password keeper programs being subject to security leaks. And, I'm sure if they were, we would have heard something about it.

Anyways, I say find a program that you like, and read the reviews for it. Maybe even Google it.
    08-02-10 09:54 PM
    Yeah. That's what I meant. In the keeper program for example-- upon setting up a new phone, I was able to enter my email address and it re-entered all my info to the new phone. Info that had been stored on THEIR server somewhere. Pretty scary thought. If I were to put everything I have in my BB password keeper in THERE... I'd be bloody horrified. I'm just saying. That's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 10:00 PM
    I see, I guess I just misunderstood. Thanks.
    08-02-10 10:21 PM
    Yeah, I can understand that.

I just noticed though, with keeper, you can either synch your information to your desktop to back it up, or you can back it up on a off-site network, being their website. I'm guessing the off site option is the one you used? I personally would just use the desktop sync/backup instead if using the off site option, which, like you said, we have no ideal who has access to it. I would never use a off site service to backup for that very reason.

Hope this helps.
    08-02-10 10:21 PM
    I use Pageonce. Here's what they say about security

Does using iOnce by Pageonce compromise my internet security?
    No, using Pageonce actually improves your internet security by allowing you to:
    Proactively monitor against identity theft and fraud by alerting you to critical activity in your accounts.
    Protect your passwords because you no longer have to remember all of your logins and passwords, Pageonce makes it easier for you to create different user names and passwords for each account and access them directly through Pageonce.
    What kind of security does Pageonce have?
    Pageonce employs military level security the highest standards in internet security. Our independent, multiple security layers include 256 bit data encryption (most banks use 128 bit data encryption), SSL systems and multiple firewalls.
    How is data transferred between my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and the Pageonce server?
    All your data and the communication are fully encrypted.
    What happens if I lose my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
    Disable mobile connection in the settings area of your Pageonce account.

Will Pageonce know who I am?
    No, you will maintain your anonymity. Pageonce will never require personally identifiable information that connects you to your accounts. All you need to register is your email address and zip code.
    Why should I trust Pageonce?
    Besides the security measures and security levels we maintain as described above, Pageonce is certified by the security experts TRUSTe, McAfee Hacker Safe and VeriSign.
    Pageonce is insured by a top 10 A+ rated insurance company.
    How do you ensure that you maintain a high level of security on an ongoing basis?
    Pageonce performs ongoing security optimization. by hiring the best security experts to conduct periodic security reviews and vulnerability assessments.
    How does Pageonce help protect my financial information?
    Financial accounts are a read-only service. Pageonce's system cannot manipulate any of the information in your financial accounts.
    Will you share my information with anyone?
    Pageonce NEVER shares or rents your data with or to anyone. Pageonce is designed so that you are the only one who can access your account. You can delete any or all of your accounts at any time and Pageonce erases it from the system.
    Rest Assured
    Security is part of our culture and we understand that it is a critical concern for you. We take every precaution to protect your information so that it will be safe and secure at all times.
    08-03-10 12:04 AM
    1Password seems to be the defacto amongst mac and iPhone users. I have both. I love it on my iPhone, and hardly use it on desktop. It is nice because you can sync the two if you like.

I can also attest to the fact that they have great customer support.
    08-04-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD