So I ordered two of the new 4S iPhones, one for my husband and one for myself. They are in KENTUCKY right now, they are still showing a delivery date for Friday by end of day, however Kentucky isn't that far from us in South Carolina and they could realistically be on my doorstep tomorrow by end of day IF the iPhones are purposely not held back until Friday. I'm DYING to get our new phones, so I'm just crossing my fingers they'll arrive early!
    Last edited by moiselles; 10-11-11 at 01:24 PM.
    10-11-11 12:33 PM
    i pre-ordered from Sprint...white 16GB on October 7 at 3:45 am. on saturday night i received my tracking info my email. now on monday i logged on to my sprint account online and noticed that the iPhone was already activated and showing on my account/even has a phone number assigned to it. FYI...im adding this line to my current family plan...my phone of choice has always been a blackberry...i currently have the new bold 9930 as my main line but i figured since iphone on sprint ill give it a try as a 2nd line and have the best of both worlds lol. BTW the package hasnt even moved...still shows waiting for pick up.....UPS 2 day shipping...
    10-11-11 01:01 PM
    Welcome to all of you. Enjoy the phone and check out the thread tips and tricks we will be adding as we go.
    10-11-11 01:08 PM
    i pre-ordered from Sprint...white 16GB on October 7 at 3:45 am. on saturday night i received my tracking info my email. now on monday i logged on to my sprint account online and noticed that the iPhone was already activated and showing on my account/even has a phone number assigned to it. FYI...im adding this line to my current family plan...my phone of choice has always been a blackberry...i currently have the new bold 9930 as my main line but i figured since iphone on sprint ill give it a try as a 2nd line and have the best of both worlds lol. BTW the package hasnt even moved...still shows waiting for pick up.....UPS 2 day shipping...
    That's odd that it would show activated. I ordered ours from the Apple website directly.
    10-11-11 01:23 PM
    Congrats... post your thoughts when you receive them...
    10-11-11 01:25 PM
    That's odd that it would show activated. I ordered ours from the Apple website directly.
    i ordered from sprint. and yup its activated and all. i have the number and all. i even called it and it rang...the sprint voicemail greetings and straight to voicemail. now on my sprint account i have 2 blackberrys 9930's and 1 iphone4S

pics to prove it:

Attachment 95137
    Last edited by sj-performance; 10-11-11 at 01:42 PM.
    10-11-11 01:33 PM
    I ordered mine at 5:30 am CST on the 7th and, depending on how I look it up, it shows as either
    • pre-ordered
    • in processing but backordered
    • or just in process

Who knows anymore - just ready to get it!
    10-11-11 01:40 PM
    Mine was ordered at roughly 6:30am EST on the 7th, fyi in case anyone was curious.
    10-11-11 01:53 PM
    congrats to u guys
    let us know how it goes
    10-12-11 07:41 AM
    Our phones are still in Kentucky, have been for almost a day now. I'm start to suspect they are going to be holding them there until Friday. Really hoping they release them tomorrow and we'll get them a day early. Can't wait til Friday!
    10-12-11 07:44 AM
    Wow. So mine only just shipped yesterday. But whatever. At least it's on its way
    10-12-11 08:18 AM
    First, don't put too much faith in the tracking. It is always behind. Second, Louisville, KY is the hub for the SE, I think. Most likely, all of the iPhones in this region go there and wait to be sent out at the appropriate time. Mine has been sitting there for a couple of days. I live in AL.

Most likely, they will not be mobilized until tomorrow morning for delivery to the local distribution center. The only thing you can really get from the fact that it is in the area is that your delivery most likely will not be late. I do this every year. It is always the same thing.
    moiselles likes this.
    10-12-11 10:59 AM
    First, don't put too much faith in the tracking. It is always behind. Second, Louisville, KY is the hub for the SE, I think. Most likely, all of the iPhones in this region go there and wait to be sent out at the appropriate time. Mine has been sitting there for a couple of days. I live in AL.

Most likely, they will not be mobilized until tomorrow morning for delivery to the local distribution center. The only thing you can really get from the fact that it is in the area is that your delivery most likely will not be late. I do this every year. It is always the same thing.
    From my understanding, Louisville is actually the international hub for UPS (while Memphis is international hub for FedEx), so all iPhones will theoretically pass through there (going from Hong Kong to Anchorage to Louisville).
    10-12-11 11:10 AM
    Yep, our phones went from Hong Kong > Anchorage > Louisville.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we get them tomorrow!

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?!
    10-12-11 11:36 AM
    After they sat in KY for two days, there was an "Import Scan" again in Louisville this morning at 8:30. I hope this means they are getting ready to move again!
    10-13-11 08:23 AM
    Well they left KY around 3:15pm yesterday. They made it to Columbia, SC late last night and had a "Departure Scan" around 3am. I imagine they'll be at the house tus afternoon! Too bad I probably won't be home from work until 7pm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD