Tell me, do you own a Otterbox Defender for your iPhone?

If you do, does the black rubber part collect a lot of lint, etc?
    03-27-10 06:42 PM
    I have one and have not noticed any lint issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 06:44 PM
    Yes and No. I dont keep mine in my pocket but when I first got it the rubber seemed to attract quit a bit of lint but the longer you have it the rubber smooths out a bit and doesnt stick as much. This is what mine looks like after a day of use. You can see my beagles hair is attracted to it. LOL

03-27-10 07:01 PM
    ...thanks for the images! I have the yellow and black one, and from time to time my cats hair sticks to it. Can be most annoying at times...
    03-27-10 07:03 PM
    Yes and No. I dont keep mine in my pocket but when I first got it the rubber seemed to attract quit a bit of lint but the longer you have it the rubber smooths out a bit and doesnt stick as much. This is what mine looks like after a day of use. You can see my beagles hair is attracted to it. LOL
    This has been my experience with OtterBox as well. Sticky as heck when new but not so bad after some wear and tear. I find it helps a little if I wash the rubber part with dishsoap a couple of times
    03-27-10 07:25 PM
    This has been my experience with OtterBox as well. Sticky as heck when new but not so bad after some wear and tear. I find it helps a little if I wash the rubber part with dishsoap a couple of times
    I will have to give that a try. Honestly it doesnt bother me much, just a quick wipe and it's all good. My dogs hair sticks to everything so why should the phone be any different. All in all it is no where near as bad as the old Nokia days when that rubber case was like those sticky slap things kids get out of a machine. you know yall remember those

Oh and what are you guys using to keep the water mark off your screens? I'm using baby powder but as you can see in the pic of my screen I suck at it I always seem to use way to much or not enough, there just seems to be no happy medium with me and the baby powder. Looks good right now but looking at that pic it really shows up more than I realized.
    03-27-10 07:44 PM
    If you get the AT&T Anti-glare screen protector that solves the watermarks.

Trust me, I've tried it on two Otterbox Defender cases (mine and the Mrs'), and it works.

Never tried that 'power' option. Then again, seems like too much work...
    03-27-10 07:59 PM
    I use a generic anti-glare screen protector, though with OR without I wasn't getting that water mark.

And the lint isn't too bad - it does get some, but not like other silicone case that I have (that seen to become a hairball in hours).
    03-27-10 09:14 PM
    harrison0550, how did you have your case before you noticed that it wasn't catching as much lint? I've had mine almost a month and its still getting lint like crazy
    04-06-10 05:14 PM
    ditto!

I went to Best Buy this weekend (excuse to check the iPad), and while I was there, I bought the full body Invisible Shield (I tried to put it on myself last year, failed!), and had Best Buy install it ($12.99).

Let's just say, I'm LOVING it! And I can use my Apple iPhone dock, too!

harrison0550, how did you have your case before you noticed that it wasn't catching as much lint? I've had mine almost a month and its still getting lint like crazy
    04-06-10 05:41 PM
    I think you should take into consideration those cases are kind of sticky in a way, and they are going to collect a whole lot of stuff when and if they are in your pocket or around anything that is loose, like dirt or something of that nature.

If you don't like the lint showing up on your case, go get a white case. It's much better with not showing any kind of dirt, lent or anything.
    04-06-10 07:18 PM
    ditto!

I went to Best Buy this weekend (excuse to check the iPad), and while I was there, I bought the full body Invisible Shield (I tried to put it on myself last year, failed!), and had Best Buy install it ($12.99).

Let's just say, I'm LOVING it! And I can use my Apple iPhone dock, too!
    so you took the otterbox off? how is the protection of the invisible shield?? i have thought about it, but just wasnt sure about drop protection and such. i had the screen shield, and took it off recently and use the one provided by otterbox. there were some weird spots on it that were bugging me.

i'm using the otterbox commutter, and i'm having similar issues with the lint on the rubber parts. one thing i'm noticing about otterbox rubber products is how oily they get. seems like the get real greasy looking for lack of a better description. hate that.
    04-14-10 05:36 PM
    Cobra302, so far so good. Obviously nothing beats the Otterbox for protection

Thus far I'm loving it with just the I.S
    04-14-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD