Is it just me, or is it difficult to type when using the Otterbox Defender?

I did leave my screen protector (Invisishield) on my iPhone, just in case I ever remove my Otterbox. But, I swear I have to type or press letters multiple times or even hard, too...

So, what say you?
    01-05-10 11:10 AM
    I can only imagine that it would make it more difficult to type. Since the iPhone has a captive touch screen, the more material the current from your finger has to travel through will make the screen seem less sensative. Even going naked to my IS, I have noticed a difference in sensativity.
    01-05-10 11:53 AM
    I think you're right. I've removed the IS cover that I had, albeit it's still not brilliant to type. Even using the O & P is annoying...
    01-05-10 02:47 PM
    It's give and take. You want added protection, you'll lose a little on form factor and touch sensativity. I, on the other hand, have gone in the complete opposite direction. I have the white Skull Candy hard case on mine (a lot like the Incipio Feather) and an IS on the screen and the BSE Simple Back on the back. I've sacrificed some protection to have the slimmer form factor.
    01-05-10 04:27 PM
    Still not 100% sure about this case yet. The case itself is brilliant, protection wise. But, as for typing (I tend to NEVER use Landscape) it's not 100%, more like 70%.

Getting to the O & P is rather annoying. Damn it! I'll try it for one more day, then failing that, it might have to go back...
    01-05-10 08:05 PM
    ...this is weird. I've spent the last 30+ minutes watching YouTube reviews of the Otterbox Defender. And, wait for it, NO ONE has 'using the keyboard' during their review.

Let me look for a review by Larry Greenberg. I bet he did on his...
    01-05-10 09:02 PM
    Typing on my iPhone with the Otterbox Defender case today seems much better...

Now to resolve the water mark screen issue. I might have to buy some eye glass cleaner. Not sure I want to try the baby power option...
    01-06-10 07:09 AM
    I use Defender case and I also have the antiglare screen protector that you buy at the At&t store and mine works great for me. I use the antiglare to keep the Defenders screen prot from getting that bubble when it touches the naked iPhone screen.
    01-06-10 01:57 PM
    ...just to confirm, with the antiglare screen protector, you DON'T get water marks, right?

If so, I'll buy one tonight.

I use Defender case and I also have the antiglare screen protector that you buy at the At&t store and mine works great for me. I use the antiglare to keep the Defenders screen prot from getting that bubble when it touches the naked iPhone screen.
    01-06-10 02:44 PM
    I bought an Antiglare screen protector from AT&T, and now, no more water marks!
    01-06-10 08:05 PM
    That's right, with an antiglare screen directly on the phone, then the otterbox it has no marking, but it is a "little" less responsive, but not too bad.
    01-11-10 03:12 PM
    Well, I tried, case going back tomorrow. I like the case for it's secure comfort. But, I can't type on my iPhone worth a damn. Constantly pressing the space, return, .?123 or Q & P. Most annoying!

Landscape is just ok...
    01-11-10 07:44 PM
    Yeah the corners of the otterbox case are annoying. Is there any other case with good protection that doesn't have such a rim on the front?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD