I was wondering if anyone has an Otterbox Commuter case on their VZW iPhone? I really like the protection as well as slim factor this case seems to provide. The Defender case is definitely too bulky for me.
    03-29-11 11:05 PM
    I loved my Otterbox Defender on my BB Curve, it saved that phone over and over. I really like the Commuter (no Defender option) on my new Android. Really tough, still fairly slim, comfortable in my hand, and when i take it out on special occasions, it looks like new. I got used to the holster on the Defender, and I wish I had that option on the Commuter. I bought a NiteIze cordura case at a truck stop, and it works great. One of the reasons I chose this phone, was because I could get an Otterbox for it. I work in construction management, and wouldn't be on a jobsite without it, but I still need email and the internet. It's the best way to have a nice phone, and keep it more than 6 mos.
    03-29-11 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I just went ahead and purchased this for my iPhone. I had an Otterbox way back when I had my Blackberry Pearl and loved it. The Defender case is way to bulky for me.
    03-30-11 12:25 AM
    I have a Commuter for my AT&T i4, and I have had several Otters for various devices. The Commuter offers good protection without the bulk, if that's important to you. Like all otters, it's well made.
    03-30-11 04:33 AM
    I had it for the att i4 and was a tad disappointed. The case did not sit perfectly on the phone the the plastic edge was really rough on the edges so when talking on the phone it would bother my ear.
    03-30-11 08:36 AM
    I have a commuter for my BB Bold....but I think I'm going to pass it up for the Defender when I pick up my iPhone.

Having that all around protection on a phone like the iPhone is pretty important to me. While it may be bulky, I guess there is a trade off. I'm around too many small, slobbery kids haha.
    03-30-11 08:59 AM
    I like the Seidio Rugged. It's two cases in one. If you only need slight protection, such as when you're wearing a suit or going out, you can only have the Surface case on the device. If you're in an environment where you think extra protection may be required, you simply put the silicon jacket and skeleton over the Surface case, and voila, you have a case that I think affords more protection than the Otterbox. Not to mention, I like the Seidio holsters better than the Otterbox ...seems more secure, and locks.
    Last edited by RegE; 03-30-11 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Correct spelliing
    03-30-11 12:47 PM
    I currently have the white/black Otterbox commuter, it fits perfect, if it doesn't you've installed it wrong. Fits much better than the defender which just looks bulky and sloppy on the iPhone.

03-31-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD